• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Phantom Thieves In Your Verse

I mean... honestly I think Cell is probably the Dragon Ball villain more likely to end up on the Phantom Thieves radar.

His name in known to the world and he gives them a deadline like most their villains do. The only real issue I see them having with him is sending the Calling Card. I guess they could hijack the news like they did with Shido.

I mean... honestly I think Cell is probably the Dragon Ball villain more likely to end up on the Phantom Thieves radar.

His name in known to the world and he gives them a deadline like most their villains do. The only real issue I see them having with him is sending the Calling Card. I guess they could hijack the news like they did with Shido.
I guess that's fair, it's probably because I was thinking "modern canon'" and cells been dead for awhile. Tho- again judging by his desperation when he began losing his fight with gohan, he just might respond to a calling card by blowing up the planet

...Why? He'd have no reason to consider the Phantom Thieves a threat. To him, they'd just be some guys who occasionally go after corrupt business owners and such, presumably by black mailing or threatening them. At worst, he might decide to hunt them down after the Cell Games for the insult of sending him a card.

...Why? He'd have no reason to consider the Phantom Thieves a threat. To him, they'd just be some guys who occasionally go after corrupt business owners and such, presumably by black mailing or threatening them. At worst, he might decide to hunt them down after the Cell Games for the insult of sending him a card.
If the calling card dosen't threaten him wouldn't it not work? Isn't that the point? The treasure will only manifest if the owner feels it's very threatened? Sending the Palace's alert to supermax?

Well, I guess 17 and 18's bombs would work. They could bith symbolize his perfection and his tendency to lord over others, as those represent the power Dr. Gero had ocer 17 and 18

Eh, moreso that it plants the ideo in the head subconsciously that their desires could be stolen. Most the targets we see react to getting a Calling Card are more pissed off about the calling card then concerned, while later targets such as Okumura and Shido simply react with a dismissive determination, seemingly completely confident that they can handle the Phantom Thieves.

Eh, moreso that it plants the ideo in the head subconsciously that their desires could be stolen. Most the targets we see react to getting a Calling Card are more pissed off about the calling card then concerned, while later targets such as Okumura and Shido simply react with a dismissive determination, seemingly completely confident that they can handle the Phantom Thieves.
It has occured to me- the phantom thieves would literally be rescuing a version of 17 and 18 from cell and there by 'stealing' his perfection

Cell standing on his arena, suddenly fireworks go off above him- it's the phantom thieves calling card

Cell: what are they going to do? Crawl up my tail and take 17 and 18 out of my perfect body?

6 days later

perfect cell
Cell: I..feel...weird

suddenly changes into imperfect cell

IMcell: HOW HOW HAVE THEY DONE THIIIISSSSS!

Ok cell should actually vomit up 17 and 18 because his perfection and there for them now mean nothing to him, and as such he regrets taking them so he releases them, but I like the thought of the story that woudl play out if the androids somehow help the phantom thieves in the palace and they question why- and also assert the androids don't actually exist- until they realize the androids are the treasure and take them to the real world where they find they do in fact exist.

There is an alternative situation in which cell regrets his past actions but can't free 17 and 18 on command, in which case he'd probably seek out the dragon balls to wish for something akin to "undo all the harm I've done" which well a vaguely worded wish- probably covers cells goal, (of course, cell now gets 2 wishes from the dragonballs, but he wouldn't now that until someone told him) and if cell never tortured gohan, there'd actually be noone able and willing to stop him, Gohan wouldn't fight cell if cell didn't force him, and Goku was content leaving cell to gohan.

But this is also all around worse for the world, as must something good happens early storys in dragonball are, as there is no SS2 and without a dead goku no SS3, so if the phantom thieves can't deal with babidi or super boo in a day.. then we better hope someone blows imperfection cell to smitherings so he becomes perfect again and can train for the next 7 years to defend the earth... otherwise, No fusion dance No back pocket SS3 to stall and talk fat buu into turning on babidid (Honestly could he a good thing, sense no super buu) and of course Goku is spending far less time training because he must also appease chichi. A training Perfect cell really is the world's only hope, and it's unlikely, unless he blows himself up out of regret and gives up on that after it dosen't work (which is possible)

If they go into Jojo I don't think they'd have to deal with any major event besides Kira, I feel like Morgana would end up finding him killing someone and figure out his name from there, then they steal his heart and Kira goes to prison by himself.

3p5dro.png

Guess I'll try and do some stuff for this

Castlevania: Hmmmmm, I mean I guess its possible to change Dracula's heart? He did love twice and had a child so its not impossible I guess, even though he's the literal avatar of Chaos itself last I checked. Not sure here, as for his palace I guess it'd just be Castlevania or smth. His treasure I could see it being the last letter Lisa wrote to him before she was killed prolly, that or a portrait of his family.

Elder Scrolls: Big yikes here. So long as they don't go about trying to mess with anything that's above their weight ("We'll rob you of your desires and your milk") they might be alright. Then again considering the sheer random fuckery that goes on in this verse they might end up dying to smth just because. Also watch out don't get caught sending any calling cards. Them Skyrim guards are no joke.

World of Darkness: Honestly the whole phantom thieves stuff could fit in with this verse, this heavily depends on who or what they run into and try and change the heart of they either manage to eke out a decent niche for themselves or they get tracked down and sniped irl by something like Caine. Funny enough cognition stuff kinda reminds me of Marauders too.

Yakuza: Errrr well Kiryu doesn't really warrant a palace tbh, he's actually really decent. Same with Majima tbh, if anything they'd probably be confidants lol.

Devil May Cry: Well its modern day so not sure what year it would be but Ren and co would have no trouble adapting assuming they can be fine in a western land. Vergil would for sure have a palace, probably starts off as the house he and Dante lived in and then becomes a mixture of the DMC3 tower and Mallet Island. Vergil probably just becomes himself, then splits into himself and V and then finally into Nelo Angelo. His treasure's probably Yamato or the other half of the amulet. Which Dante would then come round and be like "Yeah no I gotta take that kiddo thanks though."

Let’s go with Black Clover: well right off the bat their are plenty of corrupt nobles and royals not to mention the spade kingdom and literal devils, so they would have plenty of targets. I could see them getting along with the black bulls and especially Asta for his ideals of a country with no prejudice or discrimination.
I wonder how the palace of people who live in a society 100% based on makes make right would look like, i also think it would be pretty cool if the corrupt nobles and devils had similar palaces, after the devil society is just a more over the top version of the human one in black clover

Anyway i wonder how the thieves would handle al-thamem from magi, those guys have...issues to say the least

Zeref from fairy tail would have a pretty dope palace, the amount of things you can do for a 400 years old demon creator dark wizard is insane, his treasure would probrably be the e.n.d book or the fairy hearth

I think the Phantom Thieves' main problem in general is range. They can't change somone's heart unless they're near the palace. Like for instance, I think IDW Megatron's palace would be on Cybertron, a place they have literally no way of travelling to, and I doubt some 10-B to 10-A teenage kids can access interstellar travel. But anyway:

IDW Transformers: Earth is mostly the same as IRL, except Giant Robots are wrecking the place every so and then. The Phantom Thieves of ten live in Japan, and most of the events are in America, so they can't really have access to go to those places. Also, if they were to change someone like Megatron's heart for instance, the biggest character who's likely to have a palace, I think that's impossible as I feel Megatron's palace resides on Cybertron, and they have literally no way to get to Cybertron at all.

But let's say they do travel to Cybertron, I think Megatron's distortion would likely cover the entire planet, and his palace is presented as a sort of utopia, a peaceful place where the very idea of violence is unheard of, and organic races are a foreign concept. As for what Megatron's shadow would turn into... I dunno, it'd be something similar to his regular G1 body like we see in his vision. His treasure would most likely be the first edition of Towards Peace.

I'd probably come with an idea for Loki or Thanos later on.

Time for another one verse.
The World Ends With You:
Well for the most part the twewy world is pretty similar to the P5 one so they would probably just do what they normally do. The question comes from if and when they discover the UG or other planes.

Sorry, I really know nothing about Persona, so...

What is the Phantom Thieves M.O.? What they do, how and why?

Sorry, I really know nothing about Persona, so...

they steal evil people's hearts, usually adults, and they send a calling card
they do this by going into the Metaverse (a part of the collective unconsciousness or something like that) and going to their Palace (a representation of that person's evils) and then beating the shit out of their Shadow (said person's real evil self) and stealing the treasure (Which is something important to the person)
in the real world, they're normal teenagers, but in the Metaverse they're like 6-B or 1-A varying if they're early or late game, respectively

Basically, they change people's hearts by going into this world called the metaverse, and they go to their' target's palace.

A palace is basically a place of their distorted desires, or a representation of how the targets views the world around them, and in order for them the Phantom Thieves to enter that palace, they need a name of the target, a location of where they're palace is, and how said target views the world around them.

In order to steal their heart, the phantom thieves must steal the person's treasure, which is the thing that let to them having their distorted desire, and defeat their shadow, which is sort of the true representation of the target's personality.

That's the best way I can explain it, someone else could probably do it better.

Jesus, that would be amazing to see with all of my favorite verses.

Sergio Bonelli Comics would be fairly standard for most characters, and I don't doubt they'd suceed in doing so with any of them. The tales would be interesting.

40k, this could go really well or really bad for 'em. It depends on the person they pick to do that. I'd love to read the adventures they'd go through by exploring the desires and hearts of Inquisitors, Astartes and maybe of some higher entities.

Fallen London would probably be the most interesting one. There are some similar mechanics and themes there, actually, and there are charactres that have entire storylines based around similar concepts, such as Salt and the Bazaar. Heck, I feel tempted to research about Persona just to write a tale about them exploring Salt's Palace. There is so much I could write and talk about that particular aspect of the Thieves exploring Salt that I don't even know what to say. I'll tell ya that it is mighty inspiring, though.

Back