• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The One Above All (Marvel Comics) BOUNDLESS tier correction

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOAA (not the Above All Others version) is NOT The Presence counterpart (Marvel-DC), this character is the equivalent to The Writer. He's the literal definition of Outerverse, as he restored the entire MU after the HOTU-Thanos event. I'm talking about the original version, a Tier 0 character. In fact, Jack Kirby stated that The One Above All is the embodiment of the writers, editors and readers, which obviously are outside the Marvel Universe.

Uh well this thread has no posted scans, very little to none reasoning as to why he would reach boundless, so yeah I’ll disagree?

To achieve Tier 0, a character has to transcend High 1-A to the same degree that a High 1-A character would transcend a 1-A one. Unless you can provide scans and sources to show The One-Above-All having such a transcendence, he won’t be upgraded.

To achieve Tier 0, a character has to transcend High 1-A to the same degree that a High 1-A character would transcend a 1-A one. Unless you can provide scans and sources to show The One-Above-All having such a transcendence, he won’t be upgraded.
It was listed as Tier 0, and then downgraded to Tier 1. Why? Marvel writers are saying TOAA represents them, isn't that enough? The character only appears as an "avatar", an influence...the entire Marvel Universe was erased by Thanos (with the Heart of the Universe), and even entities like The Living Tribunal couldn't do anything...he restored the Universe, by just influencing Thanos.

It was listed as Tier 0, and then downgraded to Tier 1. Why? Marvel writers are saying TOAA represents them, isn't that enough?
Representing something doesn’t scale you anywhere… and certainly not to the point where it warrants tier 0.

Wh
why is he tier 0
Why is he Tier 1? When did this character show limitations? The Living Tribunal is 1-A. I found this, yes, it's from another wiki, but pretty much explains my point: (Is every writer, editor, reader and the supreme creator of Marvel itself. No matter how strong a character gets The One Above All will be forever above Marvel, including every and any story, books, Narratives, character and location that has shown to be beyond all dimensional space and vastly beyond those that transcend dimensionality as he is the creator of Marvel Itself).

Why is he Tier 1? When did this character show limitations? The Living Tribunal is 1-A. I found this, yes, it's from another wiki, but pretty much explains my point: (Is every writer, editor, reader and the supreme creator of Marvel itself. No matter how strong a character gets The One Above All will be forever above Marvel, including every and any story, books, Narratives, character and location that has shown to be beyond all dimensional space and vastly beyond those that transcend dimensionality as he is the creator of Marvel Itself).

Characters like TOAA are limited by the level of the cosmology, if the writer makes the cosmology a Tier 0 cosmology then there you go, he could be Tier 0 but it's just limited on what the writer wants to do with the cosmology

It was listed as Tier 0, and then downgraded to Tier 1. Why? Marvel writers are saying TOAA represents them, isn't that enough? The character only appears as an "avatar", an influence...the entire Marvel Universe was erased by Thanos (with the Heart of the Universe), and even entities like The Living Tribunal couldn't do anything...he restored the Universe, by just influencing Thanos.
No, that is not enough to qualify. TOAA used to be Tier 0 because the standards to achieve Tier 0 were different back then. As of now, if there is no evidence for TOAA transcending something High 1-A fo the same degree that a High 1-A transcends a 1-A, he cannot be Tier 0.

Wh

That sound NLFish

How can we talk about cosmology if this character is the embodiment of the writers? Cosmology is just one aspect, this is not like the Christian God whom should be omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent but shows mortal behavior in the Bible. This character is literally inside and outside the Marvel Universe.

How can we talk about cosmology if this character is the embodiment of the writers? Cosmology is just one aspect, this is not like the Christian God whom should be omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent but shows mortal behavior in the Bible. This character is literally inside and outside the Marvel Universe.
he's still limited, we can't just give Tier 0 because he's superior to a 1-A cosmology

Is talking about religious stuff like that even allowed?

None of that makes him higher than 1-A. Also you need to provide scans and sources to even have a hope of getting this accepted.

he's still limited, we can't just give Tier 0 because he's superior to a 1-A cosmology
Isn't (by definition) Tier 0 if it's higher than 1-A, The Beyonders are considered one of the most powerful beings, they defeated LT and don't belong to the Marvel Multiverse, as they are considered Outerverse lvl entities...again, just an aspect of TOAA.

I...can't even believe this is still open tbh. However, we'll let it slide. Let's just go in on the issue.

This CRT might have worked back when Omnipotence was all you needed to get characters to Tier 0. However, the new tiering system is based on mathematical dimensions and hierarchies. These kinds of statements have no basis.

Also, the Living Tribunal being 1A isn't a thing on this wiki. If it's a thing on another wiki, then it's because it's fits their criteria, not vswiki's

I like to use the Christian God as an example of true Tier 0 (NOT), the stone paradox proves it's not omnipotent.
That's not really true, seeing as an omnipotent being would have transduality, which God does. As such, the rock paradox falls apart pretty quickly

Isn't (by definition) Tier 0 if it's higher than 1-A, The Beyonders are considered one of the most powerful beings, they defeated LT and don't belong to the Marvel Multiverse, as they are considered Outerverse lvl entities...again, just an aspect of TOAA.
Baseline (I think) 1-A being just "an aspect" of him won't get him to High 1-A, let alone Tier 0

Pretty sure being superior to a 1A character isn't nearly enough for Tier 0. We literally have a High 1A tier for that, and even 1A+, which is being infinite layers above baseline 1A. So, it just seems like a misunderstanding of the tiering system tbh.

Again, Marvel writers stated TOAA is above and outside the Marvel Universe. Just like The Writer in DC...yes I know verses shouldn't be compared, but Marvel and DC are pretty comparable, you can't deny that.
They didn't say that in the comic (even if they did, we'd just have to ignore it cause it's a blatant contradiction to regular common sense). An author statement like this with no proper evidence from the comic should just be discarded

Uh well this thread has no posted scans, very little to none reasoning as to why he would reach boundless, so yeah I’ll disagree?
I give up, the Marvel Universe is probably the most complete and complex verse...I can't think of anything bigger. The character that represents the writers and editors, which are obviously above and outside the verse itself is not Tier 0? The Writer (DC) represents the same concept (NOT THE PRESENCE), in a pretty comparable verse (an equal rival you may say) and it's considered boundless...why TOAA isn't? The guy literally has the face of Jack Kirby? (If not mistaken), there's no proof this guy has limits. ABOVE ALL OTHERS is a 1-A character, a "detuned" version of the original TOAA.

Sorry for bothering you guys, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back