• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Official Calculation Requests Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Could you calculate the August feat (shown higher up in the thread) as well? Or is it too hard to approximate?

I'd really like to see how much power Monkey D. Luffy's strongest attack currently, GeoRex Bazooka, had behind it in The New Movie One Piece: Film Gold. I assume you guys can do it by calculating the volume of Gold Tesoro had absorbed, literally an entire islands worth.

I sincerely doubt that it would constitute an upgrade beyond 6-C, or even come close in terms of power.

Calc please?

Iron-Man & Warmachine vs
Iron-Man & Warmachine vs. Whiplash ''Final Battle'' - Iron-Man 2-(2010) Movie Clip Blu-ray 4K

Start at 1:46

Can someone please take a look at this potential buff for Cole's Lightning Storm

And, not sure if this is helpful or useful, but here is some info about the energy created in thunderstorms. I figured this could at least buff inFAMOUS 2 Cole, since he did drai a natural thunderstorm.

Also, at the beginning of inFAMOUS 1, Cole, when his powers first activated and were going haywire, caused a storm so powerful that it destroyed the bridge he was running on. If you go back to the same bridge later, it completely destroyed and sunk into the ocean. The feat is here at 3:25

Can anyone calc these feats from No More Heroes? It's to allow for more accurate profiles in the series (there is a scaling problem with it right now).

1. Travis blocks bullets with his katana at point blank range. How fast would this be? Is there a range of how fast bullets can be? If neccesary I could provide specifics.

2. This AP/durability feat.

3. This speed feat (probably a slower version of the first feat so maybe not worth calculating as much)

4. This AP feat.

5. This AP/durability feat.

6. This AP/durability feat.

7. This explosion feat.

Not all of them have to be calculated, any calcs would be appreciated. But the more that are done, the more accurate the powerscaling.

I was pondering seeing if we can get a Ponyta/Rapidash profile created, among other Pokemon species. However, I am horrible with numbers as well as Wiki Magic. To that end, I'm interested in getting some calcs for some Pokemon. I'll be using almost exclusively Pokedex entries. I'll try to provide data like height and weight where possible.

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/ponyta Height 3ÔÇ▓3ÔÇ│ (0.99m) Weight 66.1 lbs (30.0 kg)

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/rapidash Height 5ÔÇ▓7ÔÇ│ (1.70m) Weight 209.4 lbs (95.0 kg)

I could detail a lot of Ponyta's Pokedex entries, but for now, I'll cut to the chase, and jump to the ones that stands out to me.

FireRed: Its body is light, and its legs are incredibly powerful. It can clear Ayers Rock in one leap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayers_Rock Elevation 863 m (2,831 ft) Prominence 348 m (1,142 ft) Coordinates 25┬░20ÔÇ▓42ÔÇ│S 131┬░02ÔÇ▓10ÔÇ│E

It may also be worth knowing just how hard a Ponyta's hooves are.

Red & Blue: Its hooves are 10 times harder than diamonds. It can trample anything completely flat in little time.

LeafGreen: Its hooves are ten times harder than diamond. It can trample anything completely flat in little time.

This entry also ties in nicely, among others: Yellow: Capable of jumping incredibly high. Its hooves and sturdy legs absorb the impact of a hard landing.

Of course, I'm not an expert on how it works, but if my memory serves, diamond, while very hard IS still quite brittle, with how hardness & such measurements work. So this isn't AS scary as it may seem.

Then there's Rapidash.

Although the entries give good info on it, it may be worth doing further calcs on its speed, acceleration & other things.

Gold: At full gallop, its four hooves barely touch the ground because it moves so incredibly fast.

Silver: With incredible acceleration, it reaches its top speed of 150 mph after running just ten steps.

Ruby & Sapphire: RAPIDASH usually can be seen casually cantering in the fields and plains. However, when this POKéMON turns serious, its fiery manes flare and blaze as it gallops its way up to 150 mph.

Y It gallops at nearly 150 mph. With its mane blazing ferociously, it races as if it were an arrow.

Obviously, if a profile for these two were made (Not the thread I know.) I'd think it safe to assume Rapidash scales to Ponyta, so, getting calcs for as many of these as people are willing would be nice.

I would also be wondering if it would be possible to get some calcs on this, if at all:

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/graveler Height 3ÔÇ▓3ÔÇ│ (0.99m) Weight 231.5 lbs (105.0 kg)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Graveler_(Pokémon)#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries

Emerald: They descend from mountains by tumbling down steep slopes. They are so brutal, they smash aside obstructing trees and massive boulders with thunderous tackles.

Of course, even knowing it smashes ASIDE trees and boulders, the main issue is there's little indication of what kind or size of trees or rocks. It is possible to get an idea of how fast Graveler might be going, thanks to a newer Pokedex entry, though.

Moon: This slow-footed Pokémon moves by curling up and rolling instead of walking. With enough momentum, its speed can exceed 60 mph.

Relatedly, Alolan Graveler has an interesting entry, too:

Moon: They eat rocks and often get into a scrap over them. The shock of Graveler smashing together causes a flash of light and a booming noise.

I'm not too sure, as I lack knowledge on things like this, but anyone have any idea if that could be indicative of creating sonic booms or thunderclaps -thunder's noise is typically a result of splitting the air, no?- or such?

And of course, there's Golem. http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/golem Height 4ÔÇ▓7ÔÇ│ (1.40m) Weight 661.4 lbs (300.0 kg) As Alolan Golem: Height 5ÔÇ▓7ÔÇ│ (1.70m) Weight 696.7 lbs (316.0 kg)

So, here's some entries for Golem that I think it'd be interesting to see about calcs on:

Red & Blue: Its boulder-like body is extremely hard. It can easily withstand dynamite blasts without damage.

Silver: It is capable of blowing itself up. It uses this explosive force to jump from mountain to mountain.

Of course, those run into issues because it's unclear how much dynamite, as well as where to on what mountains. But at the very least, this indicates regular Golem can blow itself up with enough force to launch itself, and presumably, it survives the experience, too. I wonder if it's possible to get some idea of a minimum travel distance by finding the smallest officially-recognized mountain, and then finding the nearest officially-recognized mountain to that, maybe? Ideally, ones with Pokemon world equivalents, given that the games are based on certain real world locations. Japan, the US, France, excluding Hawaii, since I'm assuming Alolan Golems may not do this, and there may not be regular Golems in Alola.

ANYWAY....

Sapphire: Golem is known for rolling down from mountains. To prevent them from rolling into the homes of people downhill, grooves have been dug into the sides of mountains to serve as guideways for diverting this Pokémon's course.

Emerald: It is said to live in volcanic craters on mountain peaks. Once a year, it sheds its hide and grows larger. The shed hide crumbles and returns to the soil.

Oh, and Golem can possibly bear volcanic heat, or mild levels of it, at least? Possibly. Then again, it already resists fire....

At least 8-C for Golem? (AT LEAST, IMHO.) This also brings up that they survive rolling down mountains....

Omega Ruby: Golem live up on mountains. If there is a large earthquake, these Pokémon will come rolling down off the mountains en masse to the foothills below.

...Even after earthquakes, albeit, while on top of the mountains they roll down from.

And of course, Alolan Golem's entries give it some interesting things to calc, too. Of course, Alolan Golem, and its pre-evolutions, like Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales, should probably be considered separate species from the regular Golem line.

Sun: It fires rocks charged with electricity. Even if the rock isn't fired that accurately, just grazing an opponent will cause numbness and fainting.

Even if the rocks don't hit, they're apparently electrically charged, and capable of causing numbness and fainting. I'm assuming it may be possible how strong the charge needs to be cause those on a "grazing" hit.

Moon: Because it can't fire boulders at a rapid pace, it's been known to seize nearby Geodude and fire them from its back.

We know Geodude's height and weight -Alolan and non-Alolan- and we know that Alolan Golem can fire them. So how much power, and what kind, goes into that, among other questions? Is it noticeably different between the two Geodude variants?

Obviously, regular Graveler should scale to regular Geodude, and regular Golem should scale to both of them. Likewise, Alolan Graveler should scale to Alolan Geodude, and Alolan Golem to both of them.

Sorry about all the words. Any help on these will be appreciated, all!

@Darkanine: Oh. Oh dear. I'm sorry, my bad. Thank you, though. When you say, "a post like that", do you mean the whole thing, the feat requesting part, the profile creating part (Of course, Golem line still lacks one.) or the part about adding feats/calcs based on scaling to Rapidash's profile?

Oh & just in case, sorry if anyone minds, one more entry I missed: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ponyta_(Pokémon)#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries_2

Stadium: Capable of jumping over the Eiffel Tower in a single giant leap. Its hooves are ten times harder than diamonds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiffel_Tower "Architectural 300 m (984 ft) Tip 324 m (1,063 ft) Top floor 276 m (906 ft)"

Admittedly, that Stadium 1 entry is arguably kinda possibly secondary canon.

Can someone cal this feat, basically rain creates dozens of barriers in an instant, before the meteor he created hits, I would like to see what the ap is as well, probably won't be anything more than building level but i am curious, the spell was also said to be pinpointed on specific targets and if wasn't it would destroy the entire arena, the feat:

Rain meteor strike
Rain meteor strike 1

Rain meteor strike 2

Fell 240,000 miles Straight Downwards from outer Space to Earth (With gravity always being 9.8 m/s^2, even when being in Outer Space,) Crash Landed on Diamonds, Only to withstand a Nuclear Explosion just enough to destroy the entire Crust Layer of the Earth Head on just one second later, all while only suffering partial injury.

What Durability Level would this be?

The calc group is only supposed to focus on actual feats for a specific fiction, not waste time on pure speculation.

Asyulus said:
http://m.imgur.com/t5igwoX?r
What's the vaporization value of steel?
I cannot see the link due to school issues with Imgur, but to calc the vaporization of steel:

Take the Specific Heat Capacity.

Take the melting point of steel and subtract it to its initial temperature

Take the mass of the object

Plug those numbers into this

http://www.engineersedge.com/materials/specific_heat_capacity_of_metals_13259.htm

Then take the latent melting heat energy for steel and multiply it by its mass. Then add that with the value you got in the above web-tool.

You have to redo this step, but this time

Take the Specific Heat Capacity when it is a liquid

Take the vaporization point of steel and subtract it to its melting point

Take the mass of the object

Plug those numbers into this

http://www.engineersedge.com/materials/specific_heat_capacity_of_metals_13259.htm

Then take the latent vaporization heat energy for steel and multiply it by its mass. Then add that with the value you got in the above web-tool.

Add the value you got for vaporization with the number you got for melting together, and you get the number.

Can anyone help calculate an explosion yield? In the HotS cinematic an Ultralisk shrugs off a large explosion from a Siege Tank. In the video there are several large explosions that I would be interested to see the energy yield of. I would love to see if there is a better yield that the current Large Building it is on. Here are some pics of some shots.

UltraExplosion
Explosions
The Ultralisk is question is slightly over 15 meters tall, for reference.

I'm going to make a new thread for this. This is getting full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back