• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm a huge freaking fan of Ben 10 and Avatar

I personally like how Ben10 was such an open world and had great world building. This is why I like it a little bit more than Alien Force. This is my personal opinion tho cause I know alien force went into space but it still didn't feel the same as OG Ben10.

It is a big shame that Dwayne McDuffie died in the beginning of the last Ben 10 series. He was the main reason why Ben 10 and Justice League Unlimited were so good.

I only watched the continuation in which he was a teenager.

If some of you enjoyed watching the Bleach anime, and don't hate the animation used on Madara during the meteor episode in Naruto, a guy named "Retro Ryno" on YouTube has spent two years (2016-2018) animating the 1,000 Blood War Arc with good english voice actors that interpretated the characters to the letter. First episode is finished and will air on Nov 15 2018 on his channel.

He started the project by himself, I stop following the project for about six months, and next thing I know some people from the YouTube community that make fan-made animation videos were helping him. His animation has improved a lot since 2016, and he doesn't do this for money, (He has patreon if people want to donate) he mostly did the project because he is a fan of Bleach. He did finished the whole Arc in two years. Right now, he is just adding the final touches to the episodes. Episode 1 Teaser Trailer.

Noice. Sad that fans have to continue it. Honestly, a lot of people complain about the TBYW arc but I actually liked it and wished that Kubo wasn't rushed to finish it.

Guys, how is Shin Sekai Yori? I've seen reviews of it from being worse than SAO to better than Evangelion.

Anime I like:

Panty and Stocking, Excel Saga, Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro Chan, Gurren Lagann, Astarotte no Omocha, Hetalia, Hello Kitty (I'm serious) Nyaruko, the Gregory horror show, Bobobo, Bagi the monster of mighty nature, and The Cat Returns

Cartoons I like:

My little pony, Transformers, The Doctor Who Cartoon, Foster's Home for imaginary friends, gravity falls, Unikitty, Phineas and Ferb, Futurama, Littlest Pet Shop (Again, I'm serious)

The real cal howard said:
Guys, how is Shin Sekai Yori? I've seen reviews of it from being worse than SAO to better than Evangelion.
Please ignore that, I wasn't able to sleep because the story is so good.

Adventure Piece.

I think Ben 10 and Teen Titans were great during the 2000's. Adventure Time and Regular Show should be two of the 2010's Big Three.

Angel's Egg Red Wallpaper
My favorite anime film would have to be Angel's Egg, a collaboration between the director of the Ghost in the Shell film and the artist of Vampire Hunter D. The movement of the animation itself is solid, but what immortalizes the work foremost is the astounding aesthetic and creative composition. Every frame of the film is an amazing piece of art. The plot is even better, albeit not easily approachable; it is an atmospheric, actionless affair that serves as an allegory of a struggle of faith, with the film's meaning being up to interpretation, as director/writer Mamoru Oshii himself said he does not know what the film's true message is, despite his own experiences leading him to write the film. I think it's a beautiful tale that depicts the wonders of the immaterial; either way, it is truly a masterful work of art. Available on YouTube at 1080p. Less than 75 minutes. Watch in a dark, quiet room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aToOckImfM

I've got even more obscure animated masterpieces to recommend, but I'll not overwhelm the thread with them all at once.

Pink Floyd The Wall Poster
Another great movie with amazing animation would be Pink Floyd: The Wall. It's like a film-length music video, and it's a highly emotional journey into the sick head of band member Roger Waters, ebbing from live-action to fantastical animation. Be warned, though: this film is very NSFW. As in, "they barely got away with an R-rating" NSFW. Don't ask me how the movie made it to YouTube, even in chunks.
If you'd like a taste of that animation in short, SFW fashion, check out this unrelated music video of Pink Floyd's for their "Welcome to the Machine." Not nearly as dynamic as what's in The Wall film, but still has pretty amazing imagery.

Back