• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Nephalem in Diablo 3?

Hmm. It does sound reasonable, but I am still uncertain.

Well I think its not as big as our planet beacause if you look at Lut Gholein for a city its not really big but the desert of Aranosh outside of Lut Gholein is way bigger.

Lut Gholein : http://d2mods.info/resources/diabolic/scr/CompactGholein3.jpg

Desert of Aranosh : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkJRxBlZi70

You can see Lut Gholein on the map ( Look in the middle of the map and you will see the word seas and look left ) :
Diablo3worldmap.jpg

Yeah, I just considered it as all the landmass was crunched up together (Much like Pangea), and the rest of the world was basically just ocean. Also, I'm pretty sure they call it a "world" several times, though this is likely meaningless, I just thought I'd point it out.

The Nephalem are stronger than both angel and demon because they are half-angel and half-demon that why the some of the member of the Angiris Council wanted to erase humanity and the Nephalem with them because they are scared that one day the Nephalem turn against them because no one would be able to stop them.

Exactly, and since the Nephalem was able to defeat Prime Evil!Diablo and Malthael with Diablo's power, the former of whom was able to stomp Imperius, I do feel they should be rated this high, and this isn't even accounting for what Tathamet did in lore.

How high should they be rated based on the game?

I don't think the game is really good to evaluate the power of the Nephalem there is too many possibility you can beat Diablo alone with a friend or with 3 other peaples but also you can fight Diablo at Level 1 1 or 45 or 70 or with different equipement and there is a big different how the fight would go also you can let's say ( cheat the system ). In Diablo 3 the ennemis automatically adapt to your Level if your Level 24 all the ennemies are going to be Level 24 but if I join a game with my friend who is Level 43 and I join with my Level 70 the ennemis will be the Level of the Host of the game so Level 43 because my friend create the game and my Level 70 character will one-shot everyone : Diablo ( Lv 43 ) vs a Level 70 character with good equipement 1 minute and Diablo is done.

I really think we have to base the Nephalem with the books because in the books we know that there is only 1 possibility even if its harder because the books are mostly talking about Diablo 1 and 2 and also before Diablo 1.

I feel like you're relying too much on game mechanics to judge the Nephalem's power, as you are simply describing how hard he is in-game.

I'd say his tier should be "At least 3-B", maybe 3-A, since he defeated Prime Evil!Diablo and Diablo empowered Malthael.

It really just depends on which one you accept as canon, one Nephalem or multiple.

He/she would have to theoretically injure the two beings I mentioned if he/she fought them, so I don't think the tier should be any different.

How hard was both of these fight since in the game the player determnine everything. Because there is a big difference between beating Diablo and Malthael with high difficulty or with easy difficulty.

Fair enough, it just came across as difficult in-game = trouble the character had story-wise.

So are we going to change the Nephalem's tier?

I think you and me should try to beat Diablo in Tourment VI that would be fun.

Also I know its just a legend from the book of Cain but I have something to say about Imperius spear Solarion :

According to the legend, the weapon was forged by Imperius in the heart of a dying star. It has been said to be an extension of his own will, powerful enough to sunder Hell's mightiest ramparts with a single strike. During one of Imperius's invasions of Hell, it is written that Solarion felled so many demons that rivers of blood flowed throughout the realms of the Great Evils.

I only have the original PS3 version of Diablo, when Inferno was the original hardest difficulty, not to mention I don't own Reaper of Souls, so my Witch Doctor capped out at Level 60. I do plan to get the Ultimate Evil Edition sometime though.

Hmm. I am just worried that I will list the characters far too high based on that you two are strong fans of the franchise. I would like to hear what more people who are neutral about the franchise think?

I feel like the problem is that practically nobody else on this wiki has played Diablo, from what I can see from your questions on their message walls.

But if you can find anyone else who has played the games, knows a good amount of the lore, and appears non-biased (Not saying I am), go for it.

EDIT: Fair enough, I just thought that playing the games would help them a little.

Well, they don't need to have played the game, just read all of the above evidence, and then say what they think.

Most of the greatest feat are only text or legend the biggest destruction feat in Diablo is Tyrael destroying Mount Arreat the biggest mountain in the world of Sancuary that put him at Mountain level or maybe Island level.

Yeah, either that or Multi-Galaxy Level+, since it was their combined energies that formed the universe.

Also, there are the feats previously mentioned in this discussion to take into account.

EDIT: I don't think it would really diminish the feat either way, it's just that their energies created the universe when they were put together.

Well, given that this seems inconclusive and we don't seem to get more participants offering input, I suppose that I will have to make a call about this.

How about if I allow you to create two statistics sections for the Nephalem, one going by the feats, and one going by the lore? With a standard key at the end noting this. Would this be acceptable?

Okay then, if nobody objects, that should hopefully be fine then.

Can you change the trivia ? The Barbarian in Diablo 3 is not the one in Diablo 2. It was never said in the books or in the games that they were the same person.

You can change it yourself, you know.

I know it's quite a bit late for this, but I have heard that several continental to planetary feats of magical power exist for the individual Prime Evils. There's also the fact that The Wizard summons literal Black Holes by name, so... I don't think a higher tier would be too farfetched. I'll do some research in the mean time, see what I can come up with.

I'd like to see proof of the Prime Evils actually performing continental to planatery feats on screen. So I'll wait while you try and find a reliable source to confirm this.

But this even if proven as accurate still wouldn't mean all that much.

I'm barely seeing strong enough evidence for being upgraded to Planet level. I see no justification for putting them as high as galaxy level

Okay. I placed them as "Unknown" earlier.

Hmm, let's see:

-Solarion (Imperius' spear) was forged in the heart of a dying star.

-The weakest regular angel can casually destroy Sanctuary a thousand times with only a portion of their power, Prime Evil Diablo stomped the most powerful one.

-The energies released by Anu and Tathamet's last punches were responsible for the creation of the universe, and Diablo became the new Tathamet before the Nephalem defeated him. Malthael later absorbed Diablo's power, but was still defeated.

-The Worldstone's destruction completely altered Sanctuary's geography. Before and After. Tyrael was the reason it was destroyed and survived its destruction, though it rendered him unable to maintain physical form for the next 20 years. The Worldstone was also the reason the entire planet of Sanctuary exists.

-there is no evidence Diablo should be scaled to a being stronger than he is and who is indirectly responsible for his birth as a portion of the original Prime evil, that's rediciulous

- None of the others are even remotely close to galaxy level and attempting to use that as evidence for multi galaxy level stats is straight up wank

-Diablo is equal to Imperius, and vastly more powerful when he was the Prime Evil. The multi-galaxy thing comes from the combined energies of the last punches if Anu and Tathamet creating the universe, and Diablo had Tathamet's power when he became the Prime Evil. -Even without the whole Anu/Tathamet thing, they are either High 4-C, 4-A or at bare minimum 6-A.

Not seeing any justification for Diablo being scaled to Anu/Tathamet's former feat when they expended their energy in that final clash

Given the controversy and uncertainty, it seems best to keep the statistics at Unknown.

Back