• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Monster Hunter hunts a monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually shockingly good matchup. Both have similar striking strengths and Hunter has good resistances.

Where does hunters large planet class strike come from? What feat is that from?

Maybe S-Mewtwo, teleporting off the planet and casting Dark Nova.

But I don't know much about MH, so...

Mew 2 in Character starts with psy blasts and Mind HAX. But the hunter has mind hax resistance on his profile. What's the best mind hax hes ever resisted?

Reinhardthrowhisspear said:
It just says connected to planet amount of people. It's just resistance, right?

• Psydisaster: Mewtwo's Burst Attack. Mewtwo stuns the opponent with psychic energy and slices them with a Psycho Cut. He then teleports them to a pitch black dimension in which the opponent is trapped in a ball of psychic energy. Mewtwo then flies forward and punches the opponent with a large portion of psychic energy.

^ Also this apparently.

I guess I'm favoring Mew two here.

Hunter does resist BFR, it making no sense doesn't matter much considering none of this makes sense lol.

Hunter:

+ Deals increasingly more damage based on how intelligent his opponent is- this means he will be hitting like a god damned 5-A freight train

+ Power null negates a fair amount of hax like Mind Manip and stuff

+ Resists mindhax

+ Can destroy souls, bypassing durability

+ Resists status effects

+ Any regen is auto-negged by Fatalis Sickle

+ Instinctive Reaction means they have a good chance to auto-dodge attacks

+ Can become incredibly hard to detect by foes, even when right in front of them, via Ghillie Mantle

Mewtwo:

+ Negs physical resistances

+ Easy mobility advantage

+ Also has Power Null, just not as wide spread as Hunter's

+ Resistant to sleep, a favorite incap method of Hunter

+ Sealing is a thing

+ Health swap. Yikes.

+ Void manip would be 100% lethal

+ Time travel, maybe? Not sure.

Moot Points:

- Power Mimicry. Hunter resists most of their own hax since they are derived from other creatures they already fight.

- Flight. Mewtwo absolutely has mobility advantage via teleportation and all that, but Hunter deals with flying targets all the time

- Kinsect is bug-related, but he doesn't seem to have that weakness in this form so RIP

Verdict:

Unsure, tbh. It pretty much entirely depends on Mewtwo's usage of his powers. Health swap is dangerous as hell. Same for sending Hunter into a void. But Hunter destroying his soul means insta-death (assuming Pokemon have souls? I'd assume they do, what with ghost types and all, but Mewtwo might be a weird case). If Hunter power nulls then Mewtwo might be fighting a losing battle.

TL;DR I dunno, count me for inconclusive for now.

That is 5 for Incon rn.

So we gonna have Mew Two Armor set? Ok..hunter kill godzila dante and we stop in mew two fight? i vote for hunter for Soul Strike Level

this is just a little old homie

and done

so I'm gonna close this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back