• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Mimic tries to hunt down the Dark Defender

Only way that Dexter can win this is by shooting the mimic's head or legs, it will immoblize it, the mimic will most likely use stealth to its advantage by hiding in dark places Dexter cannot see, however i'm not sure who is the strongest here in terms of AP so i'll just wait for more input.

Only way that Dexter can win this is by shooting the mimic's head or legs, it will immoblize it, the mimic will most likely use stealth to its advantage by hiding in dark places Dexter cannot see, however i'm not sure who is the strongest here in terms of AP so i'll just wait for more input.
Dexter scales to 3Kj and has better LS, while the Mimic is resistant to bullets so I'm guessing they are relative in some ways in AP

He can just use M99 to either poison the Mimic and kill it or just incapacitate it. Stealth isn't going to help it a lot because Dexter not only has prior knowledge but is also extremely smart and observant. While he can't exactly see in the dark, he can sense when the Mimic tries to attack him and can notice very minor details that normal people would miss which can give away its location. The fact that he has the homefield advantage as well means that the monster isn't hiding from him. In fact, he can quickly come up with a plan to lure it out of its spot and sneak up on it instead since it doesn't have enhanced senses to find him.

Last edited:
Agree with Athe, tbh it sorta seems almost stompy, since Dexter has prior knowledge none of the Mimics tricks will work on him so the fight is basically a strong person vs a really strong, really skilled and really smart person who can also poison the thing.

I'd suggest giving the Mimic prior knowledge and taking away Dexter's because at the very least it could Mimic Harry, Brian, Deb etc voices and appearance to really mess with Dexter.

You're right, I kind of forgot that the M99 syringe is Dexter's standard equipment... I'll change it above to be more fair... Suddenly I can even exchange it for the Elder version...

You're right, I kind of forgot that the M99 syringe is Dexter's standard equipment... I'll change it above to be more fair... Suddenly I can even exchange it for the Elder version...
The Elder version would actually be even more in Dexter's favour in a way. Sure, it's stronger but its stealth isn't as good because it loses the ability to disguise as furniture or people and mimic sounds. The tougher skin still won't stop M99.

Assuming the Mimic is aggressive (which it should be considering it would have knowledge on how deadly M99 would be) it could attack Dexter before he gets the chance to grab anything. That or it could mess with Dexter by making itself look like Rita or something and maybe try to convince Dexter to drop his guard maybe allowing it to get a lucky neck slash. However Dexter is kinda insanely detail oriented and can see through most people faking "being normal" extremely easily, so unless any physical imperfections are somehow hidden and the Mimic is able to mimic Ritas normal speech patterns, body language, and vocabulary perfectly Dexter will probably see through it.

The Mimic could potentially kill Dexter before he notices anything wrong but it would have to do it very quickly.

If Dexter manages to grab any of his equipment before the Mimic attacks him then the Mimic is most likely completely ******. Guns with basically be an instant win (however thats a pretty ooc thing for Dexter to grab), M99 will for sure kill it instantly, and blades give Dexter the slight edge given his high skill. But Dexter probably wouldn't immediately grab any weapons just because he feels like something up he'd probably just look around first giving the Mimic the chance to jump out from his couch and maul him.

One small hiccup is Dexters insane lifting strength and skill, if Dexter manages to grab it, theres basically no way for it to break out especially considering Dexter normally goes for restraining moves.

I think the Mimics best chance at victory here is to make itself look like a child, with prior knowledge on Dexter it would know that Dexter doesn’t hurt kids, Dexter would probably drop his guard and then the Mimic could quickly kill him.

Dexter could potentially react to a surprise attack as he's notoriously good at it, he's more skilled, has higher lifting strength, and could see through most attempts to mimic someone.

Overall I'm seeing Dexter take this 8/10 times with the only exceptions being well planned stealth attacks

Assuming the Mimic is aggressive (which it should be considering it would have knowledge on how deadly M99 would be) it could attack Dexter before he gets the chance to grab anything. That or it could mess with Dexter by making itself look like Rita or something and maybe try to convince Dexter to drop his guard maybe allowing it to get a lucky neck slash. However Dexter is kinda insanely detail oriented and can see through most people faking "being normal" extremely easily, so unless any physical imperfections are somehow hidden and the Mimic is able to mimic Ritas normal speech patterns, body language, and vocabulary perfectly Dexter will probably see through it.

The Mimic could potentially kill Dexter before he notices anything wrong but it would have to do it very quickly.

If Dexter manages to grab any of his equipment before the Mimic attacks him then the Mimic is most likely completely ******. Guns with basically be an instant win (however thats a pretty ooc thing for Dexter to grab), M99 will for sure kill it instantly, and blades give Dexter the slight edge given his high skill. But Dexter probably wouldn't immediately grab any weapons just because he feels like something up he'd probably just look around first giving the Mimic the chance to jump out from his couch and maul him.

One small hiccup is Dexters insane lifting strength and skill, if Dexter manages to grab it, theres basically no way for it to break out especially considering Dexter normally goes for restraining moves.

I think the Mimics best chance at victory here is to make itself look like a child, with prior knowledge on Dexter it would know that Dexter doesn’t hurt kids, Dexter would probably drop his guard and then the Mimic could quickly kill him.

Dexter could potentially react to a surprise attack as he's notoriously good at it, he's more skilled, has higher lifting strength, and could see through most attempts to mimic someone.

Overall I'm seeing Dexter take this 8/10 times with the only exceptions being well planned stealth attacks
Killer of killers FRA.
count

Dexter has a 99% chance of winning this, only way mimic can win this is to shapeshift into someone Dexter knows and hope to get a killing blow against Dexter but Dexter is a lot smarter than the mimic.

Dexter FRA

Even with the advantage of prior knowledge, Mimico has nothing to do against Dexter, he will hardly be able to land a decisive blow that knocks him down, and if it were to happen, Dexter could react and contain him before he continued attacking, he easily dominates him thanks to the difference in strength and combat skills. Dexter takes this by far.

The Bay Harbor Butcher FRA

The profile for the mimic sucks actual balls lmao. missing some great feats of strength by it.

It's directly stated in it's documentary guns will not immobolize it, but merely momentarily slow it down before it just gets pissed off and tries to kill him (whilst angry)

(note that yes, it's defense instructional tape says they can be immobilized by it, but this is due to the fact they're lying as they're attempting to calm the masses about mimics iirc)

The profile for the mimic sucks actual balls lmao. missing some great feats of strength by it.

It's directly stated in it's documentary guns will not immobolize it, but merely momentarily slow it down before it just gets pissed off and tries to kill him (whilst angry)

(note that yes, it's defense instructional tape says they can be immobilized by it, but this is due to the fact they're lying as they're attempting to calm the masses about mimics iirc)
That still wouldn't stop Dexter from getting an M99 syringe & forcing it to go to sleep

It's super out of character for Dexter to grab a gun either way

A bit late for that, right, but unless someone makes a CRT to add these things to the mime, we'll have to follow the profile for now

Back