• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Millennium Earl Vs Tomoe Misumi - Battle for 2nd Strongest 6-B (Non-Smurf)

So Earl has no death manipulation resistance, huh?

Without even going into the details of ME's resistance and how it matches up to Tomoe's potency...
Tomoe's passive kills him, and makes him weaker.
Then, if he's still alive, she looks through his memories and knows all his moves and weaknesses; realizes that he can't come back from an illusion, and she turns him into one.

And that all happens literally as soon as the battle starts (Because the only move she has to activate is the turning him into an illusion thing, one ability is passive, the other is semi-passive), so ME can't really do much without passives of his own.

Tomoe's passive kills him, and makes him weaker
How does this Death Manipulation work? and how long does it take for someone on Earl's level to die?.

Then, if he's still alive, she looks through his memories and knows all his moves and weaknesses; realizes that he can't come back from an illusion, and she turns him into one.
1st: He's resistant towards Memory Manipulation given he scales from Allen who resisted Apocryphas's mental erasure but since i'm a dumbass i forgot to put it in his profile.

2st: Earl could just powernull Tomoe with his layered Power Nullification through Dark Matter before she can turn him into a Illusion (or just kill her with either Dark Matter or Summoning spam before she can turn him into a Illusion tbh)

Because the only move she has to activate is the turning him into an illusion thing
How long does it take Tomoe to activate this ability?

I'll give Earl's win-cons now.

1: He can constantly spam Dark Matter which contains a plethora of layered to shit hax's like Soul Manipulation, Atomic/Macro-Quantum Level Deconstruction, Power Nullification, Poison Manipulation and Disease Manipulation, none of which i believe Tomoe can resist, he can also cloak his body with this Energy which applies all of the stated effects on his profile if anyone comes in-contact with it.

2: He can summon 100's of Level 3 and 4 Akuma, all of which scale deeply within 1.7 Teratons and posses most of the Dark Matter hax's as Earl but on a lesser scale, He can also summons all of the Noah which includes Road Kamelot, Tyki Mikk and Jasdevi, all of which posses their own broken Noah-Based abilities plus having Dark Matter that has the same hax's as Earl's Dark Matter but on a slightly lower level in-terms of overall potency.

Last edited:
How does this Death Manipulation work? and how long does it take for someone on Earl's level to die?.
It just instantly kills you.
1st: He's resistant towards Memory Manipulation given he scales from Allen who resisted Apocryphas's mental erasure but since i'm a dumbass i forgot to put it in his profile.
Memory erasure is not Memory reading. Just like resistance to mind manipulation doesn't mean resistance to telepathy.
2st: Earl could just powernull Tomoe with his layered Power Nullification through Dark Matter before she can turn him into a Illusion (or just kill her with either Dark Matter or Summoning spam before she can turn him into a Illusion tbh)
Does Earl start with that?

What does he start with?

It just instantly kills you.
1st: Has this work on someone of Earl's Level?

2nd: Can i have a scan of this ability by any-chance? since the profile itself doesn't really explain it well enough.

3rd: Also how does this Death Manipulation work? does it just kill you through some mythical magic/reason or through a more biological way, such as halting the movement of blood within someone's body for an example?

Memory erasure is not Memory reading. Just like resistance to mind manipulation doesn't mean resistance to telepathy.
He's also resistant towards Memory Reading from Wisely's Noah Ability but that isn't explained on the profile so i won't use it here (even though he does resist it)

Does Earl start with that?

What does he start with?
His first moves are Dark Matter spam and Summonings.

So yes, he does start with it.

1st: Has this work on someone of Earl's Level?
What does this mean? Death manipulation has nothing to do with AP.
2nd: Can i have a scan of this ability by any-chance? since the profile itself doesn't really explain it well enough.
It's a novel (Only words no pictures) with 450+ chapters, not exactly easy to pull up scans; although I could find them given time, but not rn.
3rd: Also how does this Death Manipulation work? does it just kill you through some mythical magic/reason or through a more biological way, such as halting the movement of blood within someone's body for an example?
It's a magical aura that covers several kilomters and kills anything that it touches (Unless you have resistance); her fear inducement also bypasses baseline resistance (Which I think is all that earl has, since it scales from a Noah ability)

ngl it's been a long time since I've seen D. Gray Man.

What does this mean? Death manipulation has nothing to do with AP.
Normally within fiction (at least from what I've seen), Death Manipulation can be somewhat countered by higher AP.

I'm basically just asking does higher AP allow one to resist the Death Manipulation within verse.

Sorry if i didn't make that clear enough.

It's a novel (Only words no pictures) with 450+ chapters, not exactly easy to pull up scans; although I could find them given time, but not rn.
Alright, i have time so take your time grabbing scans.

In no rush.

It's a magical aura that covers several kilomters and kills anything that it touches (Unless you have resistance); her fear inducement also bypasses baseline resistance (Which I think is all that earl has, since it scales from a Noah ability)

ngl it's been a long time since I've seen D. Gray Man.
So through a magical way it seems, well from what the profile indicates, the aura has to be created first before the passives can be emitted, which should give Earl enough time to coat himself in Dark Matter energy to negate the effects of the Death Manipulation before he's effected by it.

It's like, 1 to 2/3 Layers depending on what version of Earl you're talking about, so since this is Third Exorcist Arc Earl he'll have 2/3 Layers of Fear Manipulation resistance.

You should re-read it, it's an amazing manga with amazing art and amazing concepts, motives and characters within it.

Normally within fiction (at least from what I've seen), Death Manipulation can be somewhat countered by higher AP.

I'm basically just asking does higher AP allow one to resist the Death Manipulation within verse.
Kinda but not really. Magic resistance and AP have a positive relationship in the verse simply because having heaps of Magic Power in itself grants magic resistance. And as a general rule more magic power = higher AP.
However, it is very much possible to have more magic power (Higher resistance) with less AP. For Example, even at the point where Makoto far and away surpassed the gods in MP, he still doesn't stomp them with AP.

So through a magical way it seems, well from what the profile indicates, the aura has to be created first before the passives can be emitted, which should give Earl enough time to coat himself in Dark Matter energy to negate the effects of the Death Manipulation before he's effected by it.
Nah, it just happens when she's serious and since she starts off serious it just happens, so it's indeed a passive.

What are the arguements?
Earl spams Dark Matter EE/Soul erasure and summons Noah.

Tomoe's passive death aura kills him before he can do it (My position)

Earl can potentially null with DM before aura effects him (Deceived's response)

Kinda but not really. Magic resistance and AP have a positive relationship in the verse simply because having heaps of Magic Power in itself grants magic resistance. And as a general rule more magic power = higher AP.
However, it is very much possible to have more magic power (Higher resistance) with less AP.

Nah, it just happens when she's serious and since she starts off serious it just happens, so it's indeed a passive.

Earl spams Dark Matter EE/Soul erasure and summons Noah.

Tomoe's passive death aura kills him before he can do it (My position)

Earl can potentially null with DM before aura effects him (Deceived's response)
Interesting I will vote tomoe fra for now

“[Dancing Bow, Septen—?!” (Haku)

“Septentrion, right?” (Tomoe)

Aiming for a surprise attack, the hand of Haku shone and her whip shoots seven light arrows.

Right now, I can’t use my ability of changing reality to illusion.

But, if it’s the opposite…to bestow temporary reality to illusions, it is possible.

What appears are seven arrows.

The arrows that appeared from the illusion mist and had obtained substance followed the same trajectory as the seven arrows of Haku and offsetted each other.

It is a skill that I have shot several times in my mind, moreover, it is a skill that I have seen in reality once already.

Reproducing it is easy.

“Skill copy?! What a copycat!” (Haku)

“A high-power skill that destroys seven magic pressure points of the target. Even if if doesn’t manage to defeat the opponent with all attacks hitting, it would still seal their magic. It is incredibly handy-ja na. I can understand why you rely on it.” (Tomoe)

“…I see, memories. So that’s how it is huh. We have an unbelievable opponent.” (Haku)
@Deceived

There are a lot more examples of her using it outside of combat (Because she doesn't have many actual fights on-screen), but those are a lot more difficult to find so here's one of her using memory reading during a fight. Even claiming that she used the skills of her opponent several times in her mind before her opponent even used them once (Proving that she had done it much earlier on in the fight without us being aware of it).

There are also scenes of her literally just looking at someone for the first time and instantly knowing their entire history (Of course, it's out of combat so kek)

Back