• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The matter with high tier pages here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that this page has no explanation for its high 1-A rating, shall I delete it Ziel? Or do you intend to add to it, and all of your other high 1-A's or should I delete them as well?

@Exo9000: I believe that going by Ziel's "Category 4", that it's to be the ones that are to be deleted. Ziel could fix them up if he had time but as he told me, he's only around here for a few days then has to do his own thing. I suppose Ziel does want them deleted.

Speaking of the categories, i am glad that most of what he said are not as bad one thinks but i would still like Prom to look over them to get a second thought on them if all of Ziel pointed out on all of them are as he said they are to him. *nods*

Alrighty.

Now while Prom is planning on going through the Tier 1's and is later going to make the review thread, i still can't wait for to see what Ziel has in mind for this thread of his.

^That's fine, Exo. This is just one step into trying to, once again, deal with a problem that i've had to deal with since last year.

Same here. I will help as much as I can. But of course college life. I should be here daily though.

Issues I have:

• The Above: No 1-A feats
  • Balthazar: I do not believe it's possible to power up from a dimensional scale to a beyond dimensional scale, let alone High 1-A.
  • Cosmic: ^
  • Hatoshi, The Boundless Sheep: High 1-A description doesn't sound like a High 1-A feat. Tier 0 form matched an author's representation? No. Tier 0's can't tie anyone and aren't equal to anyone. They're superior to everyone else.
  • The Orchid that Blooms among The Heavens: Different keys with "At least High 1-A" and "Likely 0" and such. Also, more being equal to people when they're Tier 0.
  • Project Ultimate: See Balthazar.
  • Stryder Xiaolong Yu: High 1-A for being equal to a Tier 1-A to 0 character.
  • The Voyager: High 1-A in various forms, which are supposed to be stronger than one another.
Everything else looks fine to me?

Hmm. Well the thing is that i've tried to talk to Minus about his Orchid character. Kind of gave up but now that you reminded me of this, i believe it's best to delete it unless Minus does something about them.

As for the other ones, well 84 hasn't really responded to here yet. You can send a message to him regarding his characters of here of the matter but if he doesn't do anyting about them in one week at the least Prom, delete them.

I have a little problem with this page, primarily because of how he functions.

"It can adapt itself to any enemy and situation as possible, they can analyze every situation and enemy and adapt its own defenses to fight these enemies and adapt to the current situation, this ranges from creating or adquiring a new power to pass though a situation to transcend dimensions and become a higher dimensional trasncendent being."

Little of it is elaborated upon, and the only reason it seems to be able to do this is because of its connection to Cosmic who is also capable of inexplicably powering up to a beyond-dimensional scale.

^That was why I posted this earlier. It seemed very odd. But I wanted Cross and the others to give their opinion.

I'll add Project Ultimate to the list.

@Prom: Thank you for taking the time to do all this.

@Talon: Hmm....may have to also bring that up to 84 too on that.

Well that page and another has been deleted a few hours ago. I've also taken the liberty of deleting a couple more from what Prom founded.

It seems that Orchid has been deleted then, eh...

@Minus: I hope you're reading this, man. You should look at Prom's reasoning for it above if you want to know why it was deleted earlier here...

Promestein....The Character has differing personalities within the same character. They are the same person. I'm pretty sure I said that to Cross at some point. I put n fferent keys to describe each part of Hitomi. The all access the same Tier 0 power, and the High 1-A part was to describe and elaborate on her lowestposible tiering. They are the same person, just differing parts of her self, indicating the complexity of the character. The only reason I put "Likely 0 " is because most characters can never have a TRUE REASON on why they are Tier 0 . I wish I could've explained it earlier...

I can eliminate the High 1-A part if you like...

But please... Give her back. :___;

I will restore the page when I get home.

Bear in mind that a true Tier 0 cannot have alternate personalities, only several vastly, vastly weaker manifestations. A Tier 0 is everything in one, all at once.

Thank you so very much !

Oh...Okay. That was actually the whole principle that i was trying to do to make her different from other Tier 0's. Giving her an Weakness that doesn't effect her overall power , like Azathoth. It's like reincarnation stuff. The Holy Quad thing: God, Christ, Holy Spirit, & Hitomi . But if you want me to... I will ...

@Promestein.

@Minus: Yes that is what Promestein said, man. You better put it as what she said cause even then, a Tier 0 is just like that: Everything in One, All at once.

If you want, you take this up on Promestein's wall for more help/assistance on this. And i really suggest you do something about it for reals this time...

@Everyone else: So it seems that Ziel is now busy again due to having to do some upcoming exams in the following week or two. He will give us a sort of rough outline as to what rules or such stuff we can use or don't use, but all of us will have to work on it together over time until we can officially set them.

Alrighty, y'all. :)

Hmm. It seems as tho Ziel really did have to leave.....again. As many of you are not aware of this, he was planning on making our own version of the Litmus test much like the ones used for finding out weather a character is a Mary sue or not much of it but this being for, i think, weather if ones character is a good high tier character or a bad one.

I do not know if he'll be able to do it as he seems to have been gone to do his exams by now by now (he has to study and everything, of course), so we're left with the rules ideas that those like Prom and Xmark, for instance, have layed out for us here earlier.

Alright so does anybody else think we should try out Prom, Xmark, and anyone elses' ideas for rules on the Tier 1's? Or at least just reword them better to make it more....understandable to do?

Hmm... If I may state what I think on this issue? (Yeah, haven't been here in a while)

I believe that Tier 1 and 0 characters CAN be interesting. I also believe that Tier 0s should be 2 in a single verse, AT MAXIMUM. Why two and one? Well, there is this concept of a dual god or something... Basically two sides of equal power and both omnipotent. Essentially the same omnipotent, but with two distinct "personas".

But then again, having two or three Tier 0s is kind of contradicting. Really, Tier 0 in itself is hypothetical, since we can't confirm omnipotence. *scratches head* This is confusing, honestly. AND NO, do not imply that I am trying to argue about omnipotents being 2 or 3. Seriously, I know THAT much at least. *ahem*

I myself haven't made a Tier 1 or 0... The highest I have made so far is High 2-A, so almost Tier 1. This wiki is for creativity, so I also think that not just Tier 1 or 0s should be interesting, but ALL characters should. I know I sound kind of hypocritical, seeing as my characters are barebones for now, but still. I know its called FC/OC "VS Battles" wiki, but this website isn't just a "my OC is stronger" website. Again, hypocritical of me seeing as my only characters are High 2-A... But I hope everyone gets my point.

• wipes sweat from forehead* Whew, that took a while. Well there we go. Good luck to everyone, and let's all have fun creating creativity!~

Sorry, but you broke 2 rules on that single comment.

1. You talked about God. He is a highly controversial character. If somebody religious enough comes here and doesn't understand how opinions work, you could potentially start a flame war.

2. Trying to change the tiering system. You argue that there should be more than 1 tier 0s in a verse, but have you forgotten that to qualify as a tier 0, you must be INFINITELY BEYOND ALL OTHER BEINGS?

While I believe in God myself, I respect other people's opinions, unlike other people.

I suggest removing this before Cross finds out.

Xanix said:
Sorry, but you broke 2 rules on that single comment.
1. You talked about God. He is a highly controversial character. If somebody religious enough comes here and doesn't understand how opinions work, you could potentially start a flame war.

2. Trying to change the tiering system. You argue that there should be more than 1 tier 0s in a verse, but have you forgotten that to qualify as a tier 0, you must be INFINITELY BEYOND ALL OTHER BEINGS?

While I believe in God myself, I respect other people's opinions, unlike other people.

I suggest removing this before Cross finds out.
Oh sorry! I guess you are right, some people just can't take opinions. I'll edit it.

As for the second one, it's just what I think. If I wanted to change the tiering system, I would have made a Content Revision Thread. Thanks for telling me, though!~

I don't think she really meant it to be that way, Xanix.

But you are right on those two things, however.

On the God part, it's true that he is a controversial character. I don't hate him, i just don't want to hear about him since who knows who could come by and see this and just go ballistics on this thread. And i've already had enough stuff to deal with within this whole week alone.

On the part of having more than one Tier 0, that is another good point. Honestly speaking, and unless i overlooked a series taht has this (then again, pretty limited on verses in fiction as a whole), that kind of throws away the point of one being as just the almighty being of their verse. That and omnipotence is pretty contradictive in and of itself anyways so....

CrossverseCrisis said:
On the part of having more than one Tier 0, that is another good point. Honestly speaking, and unless i overlooked a series taht has this (then again, pretty limited on verses in fiction as a whole), that kind of throws away the point of one being as just the almighty being of their verse. That and omnipotence is pretty contradictive in and of itself anyways so....
Like what I said a while ago. If I was trying to argue about Omnipotents being two or more, then I would have made a Content revision thread. Which I didn't. Sorry for the misunderstandings, I just wanted to give out my honest opinion on this issue.

As for the God part... Yeah, that's my bad. I'll try not to mention him again. I keep on forgetting some other people may attack me because of their own close-mindedness... So I won't do that again.

Okay then.

Anyways, back to what i wanted to hear from others. So those much earlier above like Promestein (for instance) have made some rough ideas for what we could do to revise our Tier 1 rules and regulations.

So i repeat: Does anybody like the current ideas she and some others above earlier made or, if necessary, think they can improved upon and reworded differently? I can post what they thought up so far if need be...

CrossverseCrisis said:
I don't think she really meant it to be that way, Xanix.
But you are right on those two things, however.

On the God part, it's true that he is a controversial character. I don't hate him, i just don't want to hear about him since who knows who could come by and see this and just go ballistics on this thread. And i've already had enough stuff to deal with within this whole week alone.

I see. Alright then.

As for the the tier 1 revision, I agree with it. The ideas are pretty good.

These are the current Ideas

-Tier 1 profile creation is postponed until revision ends.

-Have a Mary Sue/Gary Stu test.

-Submit the current tier 1 profiles in this thread.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Well, we may need more rules than that, just to ensure that all of the Tier 1's that go to the review thread aren't all horrible. Things like enforcing the 4-5KB size limit and making sure that the Tier 1 actually has a reason to exist within the context of the creators Verse.

I'm just spitballing at this point, however.

^Yup.

@Exo: Well it turns out that Ziel mentioned of wanting to make the btyes requirement to like 7K since, at least in his own opinion, it's hard to make a perfectly detailed Tier 1 or 0 in just around/under 5K. But he told me he was planning on something else and well....he didn't do that.

In any case for now, we have the rules ideas made by Prom, Xmark, i guess maybe Tirion 3 checks thing from earlier above, SDZiel's if he made any, and anything we may also want to make and put on the OC creation page on revising the makings of Tier 1's. And all of the others like the Litmus test and such (something that Ziel would have done but he seems to be busy again like i said earlier).

I'd say that 4-5KB is just fine as is. I don't necessarily think that raising the byte requirement is a bad idea, but some people will struggle to reach 7KB. I'd say either keep it as it is or raise it to 7KB, but if it's under 7KB but the staff have said that it's fine as it is then it'll be allowed to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back