• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The long awaited Megabug and MegaDragonBowser upgrade to low 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
The suggestion regarding if the main Mario cast should scale from a crossover has been officially firmly rejected by our staff. Please drop this subject and move on to what, if anything, else that should be done here, or if we should close this thread now.

Here's my proposed tier change then for the Megabug/MegaDragonBowser key, since you want to not address the canon argument even though you brought it up to start with as a derail when we have yet to even scale the canon characters:

Attack Potency: Universe level+ (The source and personification of the dimensional rift which warped Mario's universe and caused it to be unstable, evident by its effect on time itself. His defeat caused the rift to disappear) | Universe level+ over time (The Megabug was stated to destroy the world if it wasn't stopped by Spawny according to Beep-0)

Yeah, the scaling for the base vortex/megabug needs to be updated to low 2-C
No it doesn't. Nobody scales to the hypothetical Megabug that could destroy the world. Please drop this. They stop Megabug before it gets that powerful. Beep-0 explicitly notes this right before the final boss. That they need to stop him now or else it will become so powerful no one in the Mushroom Kingdom will be able to stop him and then it will destroy the world.

Warping is what would give him that tier, that was agreed on too for his prior key, not the overtime destruction. Also, autocorrect.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion. Alternately, a staff member can use the @Username notification system.

Irrelevant. Whether he gets Low 2-C by warping the entire universe doesn't change the fact that at no point in the game did he do it.

Its stated to warp the time and the designer states it affects a space-time so yes it does warrant that tier.

I'll await input on this from other staff if need be.

Its stated to warp the time and the designer states it affects a space-time so yes it does warrant that tier.
That's not Low 2-C that's just reality warping. This is the Culex argument again. Nowhere in the wiki do we treat space-time distortion as automic universal power.

nowhere in the wiki indeed

Low 2-C | Universe level+: Characters who are capable of significantly affecting[1], creating and/or destroying an area of space that is qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space. Common fictional examples of spaces representing such sizes are space-time continuums of a universal scale. However, it can be more generally fulfilled by any 4-dimensional space that is either:

A) Equivalent to a large extra dimensional space. That is, a higher-dimensional "bulk" space which embeds lower-dimensional ones (Such as our universe) as subsets of itself, whose dimensions are not microscopic / compactified.

B) Portrayed as completely transcending lower-dimensional objects and spaces in the setting of a given work of fiction.

It very much would be affecting there on a 4-D tier with energy. Sure, let's bring up Culex, "a fake character" that only worsens your arguement.

Last edited:
None of what you posted applies to Megabug. It just distorted time. No evidence that he did it on an area beyond earth and the moon.

None of what you posted applies to Megabug. It just distorted time. No evidence that he did it on an area beyond earth and the moon.

Xavier Manzanares (game's Lead Producer): "So the Rabbids have been teleported into the Mushroom Kingdom and it made the world completely unstable and chaotic so Mario as a true hero wants to save the day but this time with some new friends."

The world here is universe, why are you ignoring context here that it affected their universe and damaged its stability?

That's obviously hyperbole. We see in the game that it's gradual. In the beginning it's just the Mushroom Kingdom. Obviously when you're giving the elevator pitch version of a story you simplify things.

Only a Vs Debater will take every word literally and ignore context.

You claim the gradual corruption only spread to places on the planet on the mushroom kingdom land's less than a country as Beep-0 was talking about happening even past that point when its already reached the moon and isnt limited to country sized at that moment or even onward like you say it is, exactly how is that not already given evidence on a cosmic scale with it reaching the moon, something already given to us by wog happened at the start with contextually damaging and warping their universe itself.

you are ignoring the context right now!

multiple staff already agreed on the warping point itself being tier 2 tier based on the standards on the wiki, heck let's bring up the vote and call them back here to clarify that then if you want to debunk that and actually have staff support accepting that.

Last edited:
I mean no one scales, as that would inconsistent with the absence of literally everything else from the game on the profiles.

I mean no one scales, as that would inconsistent with the absence of literally everything else from the game on the profiles.
Stop talking about scaling. That doesn’t matter in this thread.

If you are Impatient to talk about scaling, talk about it on your own time.

Not yet, still ironing out the warping point being low 2-C.

I'd appreciate if staff members agreeing/disagreeing with it came to post again to elaborate on that rather than dealing with this back and forth with a single staff member.

Even as there is more peeps in favor of support for it already.

Beep comes from the future. YOU ignore all the context. It's insane.
Literally everything I have used is from present Beep-0 here. Comments like this just show you are ignorant on this review and haven't even understood the game outside of a quick skimming of cutscenes. Oooh Insane. Great one.

Literally everything I have used is from present Beep-0 here. Comments like this just show you are ignorant on this review and haven't even understood the game outside of a quick skimming of cutscenes. Oooh Insane. Great one.
I'm not ignorant. Stop insulting me. I watched the entire game beginning to end and it disproves you at every turn. The distortion expands with time and in the beginning of the game it only affects part of the Mushroom Kingdom.

If it can affect the entire universe from the start there's no game. There's no plot.

It's an explicit statement that you ignore at every turn.

This really isn't a debate anymore to be completely honest. Matt just keeps bringing up an explicit statement that disproves the scaling, only to be met with straight up "Lalala can't hear you." Beep outright says that it's gradually growing in power and will eventually get to the point where no one in the Mushroom Kingdom will be able to stop it before destroying the world. That obviously means that the vortex that the cast defeated is not world destroying. Nor do they in anyway scale to its world destroying potential since it would've been unbeatable before destroying the world. Also just think for a second. The entire plot is to stop the vortex from being able to destroy the world. If it could do that from the beginning, then there is literally no story. It just destroys the world from the get go. It doesn't matter how biased or poor faith you might think Matt himself is. He brought up an irrefutable fact. This should be closed at this point.

I'm not ignorant. Stop insulting me. I watched the entire game beginning to end and it disproves you at every turn. The distortion expands with time and in the beginning of the game it only affects part of the Mushroom Kingdom.

If it can affect the entire universe from the start there's no game. There's no plot.

It's an explicit statement that you ignore at every turn.
You have no grounds to tell someone not to insult when you started off with insulting here. You insult yourself with these claims that Beep-0 made the statement the world will be destroyed, when its in fact present Beep-0 analyzing its base power.

The explicit claim was the universe got warped right after teleportation happened, the sheer visuals show its not only country wide space affected. The destructive effects =/= warping isn't happening on that scale to begin with. The warping itself gives a tier 2 rating.

This really isn't a debate anymore to be completely honest. Matt just keeps bringing up an explicit statement that disproves the scaling, only to be met with straight up "Lalala can't hear you." Beep outright says that it's gradually growing in power and will eventually get to the point where no one in the Mushroom Kingdom will be able to stop it before destroying the world. That obviously means that the vortex that the cast defeated is not world destroying. Nor do they in anyway scale to its world destroying potential since it would've been unbeatable before destroying the world. Also just think for a second. The entire plot is to stop the vortex from being able to destroy the world. If it could do that from the beginning, then there is literally no story. It just destroys the world from the get go. It doesn't matter how biased or poor faith you might think Matt himself is. He brought up an irrefutable fact. This should be closed at this point.
The only way the vortex gets stronger is from the rabbids giving it extra energy and it absorbing the supamerge. stronger over time isnt a good arguement here when Beep-0 predates knowing this before his tier 2 claim. having that power over time is a given for the base vortex. I haven't been budged from my stance on this repeated and stale arguement by matt.

The only way the vortex gets stronger is from the rabbids giving it extra energy and it absorbing the supamerge. stronger over time isnt a good arguement here when Beep-0 predates knowing this before his tier 2 claim. having that power over time is a given for the base vortex.
Beep-0 is from the future and he knows what happens.

In the beginning of the game only the Mushroom Kingdom is affected. Then they go to World 2 (The desert) and they comment that the corruption is spreading and now the desert is warped too. And then shortly before the final boss they warn that Megabug must be stopped before it gets too powerful.

Present Beep-0 doesn't have anyway of knowing what future Beep-0 knows before he even gets emails.

The warping spread to the moon, the dimensions greater space is not unaffected here and everything points it was universe wide, claims it only spread out only to the country won't fly, those corruptions can be more obvious but still we know the real scale here from the start.

>The warping spread to the moon

You literally just debunked your own argument. It spread to the moon. Meaning it was not universal in scale since the beginning. It gradually spread to the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back