• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Law of Identity (old topic but seriously this needs to be brought to light)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so

Law of Identity is Nigh-Omniscient....

thats an instant downgrade from tier 0. If you are tier 0 you are totally and absolutely transcendent to everything on an incomprehensible level. **** it, she is completely transcendent to all existence apparently, but she cant get to that one bit of knowledge despite her apparently being transcendent to all concepts of existence, despite Knowledge being irrelevant to all other tier 0's and even High 1-A's and 1-A's. BUT HER? Shit, she is bound to knowledge. If you're tier 0 Knowledge should be irrelevant to you, hell even if you're 1-A knowledge should be irrelevant.

That's not Tier 0 at all.

Also, can someone do an investigation on the Ichiban verse? The explanations are completely vague and ******* weird, its almost as bad as that Envoy verse that had Undoubtedly First in it, where all the explanations were ****** up and we ended up deleting the entire verse (WHICH HAD A TIER 0. A TIER 0, IF IT HAS ONE OF THOSE IT SHOULD BE VERY BETTER EXPLAINED). As well as some of the things they are limited by in this verse are what a baseline 1-A would transcend and consider irrelevant.

Your language probably isn't necessary for a thread like this o.o

but

I basically agree with this, any known abstract limitation basically prevents a character from being a tier 0.

Then she won't just be the only tier 0 that's going to get downgraded, we also need to downgrade Azathoth and The Writer

Nah Azzy is fine. If it's because he's asleep, no. he isn't even asleep in the conventional sense.

And the Writer, what we saw is just an avatar. the real writer is the incomprehensible entity that's tier 0.

Just because Azathoth (CM) isn't "conscious," it's erroneous to apply that as a limitation to what he "knows". Concepts and logic don't generally apply at the ultra high levels that Azathoth is surrounded by. Applying causality, logic and deduction isn't valid. Not to mention since everything is Azzy's dream, so is the concept of knowledge.

The Writer's intelligence is variable, his intelligence differs from one avatar to another, he isn't omniscient, even the real Writer.The real writer refers to the collective writers of DC comics who are obviously not omniscient but are transcendental even to the paper or the Overmonitor

What problem do you have with the explanations?

In regards of the knowledge thing: I initially created her profile as High 1-A due to that (and because her omnipotence is double questionable basically), but in a later thread it was decided that not being omniscient is no problem for tier 0.

That isn't exactly my stand on that either, but ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

I think that perhaps she should be re-made a High 1-A. A safer rating IMO would be At least High 1-A, since we don't know if she could possibly know everything, but such a rating has never been implemented before to my knowledge.

He isn't even asleep, or conscious, such concepts do not apply to the flying spaghetti thingamabob god.

It is just a form of speech, Change is a lie in Cthulhu Mythos, only something the mortals experience (dimensioned entities), and at the Outer God's level Causality and Change are irrelevant. So "waking up" will never happen. and him being asleep is false.

Even Randolph said that what he saw of Yog was just an infinitesimal of infinitesimal fraction of the true entity. and Azzy is infinity x infinity x infinity beyond that so It's out of the question to believe that him being asleep can even matter. He is so beyond everything that being asleep or waking up doesnt even apply.

also nice use of the word "erroneous" @Aeyu, I very rarely see that. Did you read The Hound of The Baskervilles? I find people who have read that book use that word more often, truly a great read. Sherlock was portrayed better than in any of his other stories in that book.

wait, im getting off topic, forgive me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back