• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Last Story Discussion Thread

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
So, I plan on making some pages for The Last Story. So this is just a thread for me to put down my plans, or for anyone who knows about the game to comment, either for feats, calcs, abilities to help make character profiles, or just to fawn over this amazing game.

Here, have a picture of Zael/Elza and Calista/Kanan

Last story

To start off, I'm thinking At least 6-C for each half of the Outsider seeing as they each power the movement of Lazulis Island and Fortress Island, possibly 5-C seeing as the complete Outsider is stated to create planets (5-B). This would scale to the final boss when he absorbs the Gurak half of the Outsider, and is consistent with his statement that he would recreate the world.

Also, the Outsider would have Absorption, Flight, Creation, Life Manipulation, Healing, Gravity Manipulation, and Mind Manipulation.

Zael's powers:

• Mind Manipulation - (Gathering forces enemies to blindly attack him, disregarding strategy)
  • Homing Attack - (Gathering Burst sends out magical chains that home in on and damage all enemies in the entire map)
  • Gravity Manipulation (Gathering Burst inflicts the Gravity status on those hit, slowing them down)
  • Paralysis (Gathering Burst at max power also inflicts the Stop effect, freezing enemies in place)
  • Attack Reflection (Guard Counter deflects magical projectiles, Gathering Burst absorbs damage then sends it back out)
  • Limited Regenerationn and Healing (Cure can revive those who have collapsed in battle from their wounds, including the user). Those fatally wounded cannot be healed, so this would be High-Low at max
  • Statistics Amplification (Cure will temporarily boost the strength of those it revives, Accelerate boosts his movement and attack speed, Power Strike boosts his attack strength)
  • Air Manipulation (can generate a small cyclone with Gale)
  • Power Nullification (Gale can disperse enemy magic circles)
He should also have resistance to mind manipulation due to the Shade status effect not working on him, and resistance to petrification due to being able to break free from the petrification effect.

The Lazulis Cannon is 7-A, according to the library globe book "The Decisive Weapon"

Hidden within Lazulis Castle is a weapon of paranormal power. It is a decisive weapon that effectively harnesses the Outsider's tremendous power to destroy all in its path.

A power such as this, capable of obliterating an entire mountain in a single blast, must be used responsibly. It should serve solely as a deterrent for the protection of the Empire.

This weapon should only be put to use in the very gravest of circumstances, where the survival of Lazulis Island itself is at stake.

Dagran's Powers (in base):

• Statistics Amplification - Full Guard increases defense, Power Strike Increases attack.
  • Attack Reflection - Guard Counter lets him deflect magical projectiles
  • Possibly Instinctive Reaction - Full Counter causes him to automatically counter/deflect all incoming attacks
  • Death Manipulation - Death Sentence inflicts the Doom status effect on all enemies within its AoE, causing them to instantly die 30 seconds later.
  • Healing or Life Absorption - wields Traige, which has a 80% chance to restore 15% of the wielder's health on each hit, or Emperor in NG+, which has a 30% chance to heal the wielder by 30% of the damage they deal)
In NG+, base Dagran also briefly shows the ability to use his own version of Gathering, Cure and Gathering Burst, but this might not be canon.

I did have my blog but some of the statistics on their profiles might be better than my proposals. Although, their base keys might be 8-C to High 8-C given the numerous feats mentioned on my blog. And Subsonic actually sounds pretty reasonable for their combat speed and reactions.

Oh, I should add the sleep manipulation arrows to his profile. Do you know if sleep arrows work on the final boss? It might lead to some more resistances.

Also, yeah you are correct he did fight quite a lot of rather large monsters. Though the ones I remember aren't large enough to qualify as large building level. Small Building level is reasonable though.

Also, the Outsider was causing destruction via absorbing the life from the entire planet. More life-wiping than actual AP. There is definitely at least a continent in Zael's world though.

Remind me where his telekineses and resistance to possession comes from?

I don't think it works on the final boss, and oh wait, I might be wrong. Calista had the sleep arrows, not Zael.

Well, the monsters themselves aren't big enough for Large Building level, but Building level; the Large Building level came from a gurak knocking over a skyscraper sized castle tower.

The blog was a little dated, so yeah, I suppose it is combat applicable; gonna remove that note.

Telekinesis is limited to moving Lazulis Island telekinetically; but he is still moving it. Possession came from the Lesser Shade, it possesses the body of Dagran or Syrenne, but can't so the same thing to Zael, and can be purged from a heal circle.

Gathering, can disable certain abilities such as teleportation, but I suppose sticking to "gravity manipulation" seems more reasonable.

Doesn't Calista give Zael the sleep arrows at once point though?

I'm not sure it is actually Zael moving the island telekinetically. More like it just moves.

When does Gathering disable teleportation again?

The Gurak destroyed the tower with repeated cannon fire from multiple Wyrms into its foundations though. They only causes it to collapse, they didn't outright destroy it on their own.

At the beginning of the chapter when Zael and Dagran sneak in, Zael mentions he forgot to ask Calista if he could borrow sleep arrows; meaning he doesn't have them and it's more challenging to sneak past the guards; paralysis arrows work though.

Well, the power of the outsider is what's moving Lazulis Island. Same with Zangurak moving the Gurak Continent.

There's that one teleporting Lion, Marbas as well as those orb things in The Secret Palace; they all teleport and the gathering disables their ability to teleport.

And alright, the High 8-C can be removed than, 8-C is more reasonable for base then.

Are you sure it wasn't Gathering Burst that negated the teleportation? A fully charged burst causes Stop, so things can't move.

I don't think the basic Gathering Activation nulls teleportation

Well, I didn't say Small Building level I meant strait up Building level. The Cocoon in particular was at least as big as a house, and the Giga Muruk was portrayed as being incredibly huge in the arena; also, the Wyrms are comparable in size to various houses; 9-A typically refers to like a shed, outhouse, or one room camp cabin, an average neighborhood house that consists of multiple rooms is 8-C.

That's what I meant actually; where you activate it, build up energy, and then release it; so Gathering Burst was what I meant. Also, arrows fired from bows and crossbows; especially crossbows are usually Subsonic at bare minimum; Zael and the others consistently react to them. example here. Additionally, it is typical for characters capable of short range teleportation and able to have that be combat applicable to be low-balled at Subsonic for combat speed and reactions. Here and Here are examples of Zael dealing with teleporting foes.

Giga Muruk comes in the Epilogue, which is after Dagran is beaten. Neither of the Cocoons were as big as an average neighbourhood house with mutliple rooms.

Sadly, Zael was most definitely not dodging those crossbow bolts. Reacting to someone standing up and putting their finger on the trigger is different to reacting to a bolt when it's already been fired, and in that example you linked, Zael was unable to dodge the crossbow bolts once they had already been fired. In the example in the place of secrets, Zael was unable to hit those things except with the homing attack of Burst as they were moving too fast.Same with Marbus, he needed to slow them down first.

Fair enough about the Cocoons then and Giga Muraks then, but maybe we could calc some of the special attacks; like Lowell's glacius or Yurick's meteor.

His attack speed would still scale for Guardian Burst; and it actually is possible to land hits on them; just extremely difficult. The agility stat would need to be high enough, and New Game+ for example typically has players casually beating them without the need to use gathering burst. But game mechanics aside, I guess that makes sense. Gale on the other hand enables Zael to dodge nearly all projectiles casually; including crossbow fire, so it at least scale to him and possibly Dagran. They would still be at a high end superhuman speed given the speed of winds that cause damge requirements. Also, if the magic bolts move at the same speed as crossbow arrows; which I see Yurick's profile says they do, that would scale to their combat speed because Zael can casually reflect it back.

And my favorite outfit is definitely Dragon Armor and Dragon Greaves, and Zan Lance. Not just because they're the strongest, but they also looks badass. I usually make the color mostly black with some blood red coloring on certain spots to match the color of Zan Lance. I also remove platings on Zael so that he's got chicken legs. I also just love how the helmet and arm shield ruin cutscenes; for example, Helmet practically piercing Calista's face, or the shields stabbing through her heart.

I can see him having different attack speed with Burst and the crossbow. Not sure about Gale outpacing crossbow bolts though.

Actually, Yurick's magic might move a bit slower I thimk now that you mention it.

What are you saying about winds that cause damage requirements?

I personally cannot take wearing the dragon greaves unless I have removed their damn chicken wings, which is a pity because it has that lovely 100% knockback resist. And even then the toes still almost ruin it for me. And the only other armor that grants 100% knockback resist is the knight's attire, and that requires you to play through the game multiple times to get it, and even then you can't dye it or change it in any way.

The first thing seems reasonable, and understandable; magic bolts do appear a bit slower than arrows. The various winds that appear when Zael attacks with Gael damages foes, and winds doing minimal damage are 17 m/s at bare minimum; but they do significant damage to 9-B to 9-A fodder; so Zael's speed should be at least superhuman even if the Subsonic stuff doesn't get accepted. The link mentions more details. Vertical Slice, Death Sentence, and Shadow Stitch; used by Zael, Dagran, and Syrenne respectively, all cause shockwaves that destroy multiple objects; so those strong winds should easily scale to their combat speed.

And oh yeah, the dragon greaves do look ridiculous, but that's what I like about them. The chicken legs combined with the dragon tail is F***ing hilarious to me. It's made even more humorous when you use the invisible dye for his upper body.

I don't think we can reverse scale back "he's doing 9-A damage which would require wind speeds of X". That seems a bit like calc stacking.

Is there a Xenoblade discussion?

If not, we could merge them with this thread to create an Operation Rainfall Discussion thread

It would motivate me to get going on Pandora's Tower profiles at least.

Oh yeah, I noticed something about the complete Outsider's speed. It's at least Subsonic, but wouldn't it need to be at least High Hypersonic in order to reach the escape velocity of Earth? IIRC, the escape velocity of Earth is Mach 33.

I considered that, but it seems to be leaving through supernatural flight powers rather than sheer speed, so it wouldn't necessarily need to reach escape velocity.

Well still, speed that's only Subsonic would sure take forever if it were travelling through space as such speeds. Especially if they supposedly came from planets of other solar systems; at at the very least, further away from Earth than Mars is.

I know, but no timeframe is given for its travelling

For all we know, it takes it centuries to travel

So, there isn't a Xenoblade Discussion Thread

Is anyone going to mind if I just make this the Operation Rainfall Discussion thread?

Xenoblade has been on the site for a while now. But I don't mind. Though, I know nothing about Pandora's Tower, just a heads up.

Going to bump this since it's been so long. But I've been thinking about something. First of all, those orb things; while early on, you can't hit them without Gathering Burst yes, but actually, if your agility stat is high enough, then you can land hits on teleporting enemies without gathering. Also, Syrenne was able to land a good hit on Zesha. Zesha is also capable of teleportation I should add, so he should be Subsonic. Additionally, Lowell reacted to a sword throw of similar speed to a crossbow or Javelin to shield Syrenne. And after Zael moves on to fight Zangurak, Syrenne and the others manage to defeat Zesha without Zael's help. So I think Subsonic combat speed sounds more reasonable. There's also Therius being shown to move faster than the eye can track as a post game boss.

There was also a feat in which a mage shattered a boulder with a fireball, I could try to find it and calc it when I have time. But it should yield good results; like 8-C maybe.

Well, I know, Teleportation is more hax, but reacting to teleporting enemies isn't much different from reacting to enemies who move faster than the eye can track. Especially if said character teleports casually at will with their mind. Subsonic is a lowball if anything. They do actively use it to dodge Crossbow fires at point blank range for example.

By the way, feat happens here, looks hard to calc given the screen scrolling, but seems doable.

There cannons are powered by magic iirc, it's not really different than the mage fireballs that can be deflected.

Back