• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moon Knight's new feats and possible new tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomfer

He/Him
Hello and welcome to my first thread. Please be patient with me and allow me to show you a few fights that show that my favorite comic character needs a profile revamp.

Moon Knight's character development has been both positive and consistent recently, all thanks to Jed Mackay and his amazing Moon Knight (2021) run. This post is to show case of a good handful of fights that show Moon Knight's abilities that might earn him a spot in a higher tier (Aiming for 8-C or 8-C+).

All of them will have both source and context with them, if not, please ask me and I'll gladly give you both.

Plus a few more pictures of Moon Knight to make his profile a little more attractive to look at and show case a few more armors of his. All of them are the same size as the current one.

Moon Knight VS Hobgoblin. Comparable to the Green Goblin. Moon Knight after learning that he was being mind-controlled, started holding back to bring him back. (High 8-C)

Moon Knight VS Venom (Mac Gargan). During Civil War, Moon Knight was being hunted by the Thunderbolts, one of them being Scorpion with the symbiote. He took a direct hit from him and walked off just fine, but also was able to out-smart him while being hunted by the rest of the Thunderbolts. (High 8-C)

Moon Knight VS Vermin. Yet another Spider-man villain, this time there isn't much context. Vermin was causing trouble within Moon Knight's territory, so he decided to hunt him down. (High 8-C)

Moon Knight VS Daken. The mutant son of Wolverine, during this issue he was being framed by a doppelganger while being completely addicted to a drug. Moon Knight appeared and just started beating him until he got better. (8-C)

Moon Knight VS Donald Planet. Initially an Iron Fist & Luke Cage's single issue villain, he came back on the current (2021) run of Moon Knight and he was able to both harm and take direct hits from him, a villain that is comparable to both Iron Fist and Luke Cage. (9-B & High 8-C)

Moon Knight VS Man Mountain Marko. My personal favorite feat. Moon Knight infiltrated a special jail for super villains in order to send a personal message to Marko to leave his daughter alone and away from crime, such message was ignored so Moon Knight BLINDED HIM permanently. (High 8-C)

Moon Knight VS Doctor Doom. While not a fight that he won, this was more of a show of durability of Moon Knight's (at the time) new armored uniform, being able to withstand Doom's attacks and also dodging a few. (5-B)

Moon Knight VS Count Nefaria. An Avenger's level thread, as the run says, Moon Knight wanted revenge after a certain love interest dies so he decided to confront Nefaria directly, not to win but to stall until the Avengers appeared to deal with him themselves. Not a feat of strength, but one of durability and reaction speed. (5-B)

Moon Knight VS Bushman. From the famous story of him ripping Bushman's face off, during the fight he fell from the top of a building but was still able to win the fight. He falls from buildings a lot. (8-C feat, but Bushman does not have a profile.)

Haxs:

Adamantium Crescent Darts feat: It was able to hurt Hulk's weakest (?) form, the Gray Hulk. This comes from Hulk (2008) Issue 7. (Varies, usually 5-B)

Non-Physical Interaction: With Bone Armor, Moon Knight's able to kill ghosts, beings that cannot be touched by mortal beings. Moon Knight (2004) Issue 3.

Change limited mental resistance to normal/complete mental resistance: Moon Knight's mind was touched and restructured by Khonshu himself, making him immune to mental attacks. While teased a during most of his runs, the capability of this hax was shown in Moon Knight (2021) Issue 2. It also affected Rogue, crippling her mid fight. (Low 7-B | 5-B ?)

Portal Creation: After praying to Khonshu, Marc was granted permission to walk through the tomb of the previous Moon Knights, after walking through, he arrived at his desired location. This happened in the current Moon Knight (2021) run, issue 11 and 12.

Most of these feats were done while Moon Knight did NOT had his powers, all of that talk of him being stronger during Moon cycle only happened during the Fist of Khonshu run (1985), Conan: Serpent War (2019) and Age of Khonshu (Avengers 2018) and, arguably, in his current Moon Knight (2021) run . Moon Knight's powers come and go EXTREMELY FAST and depend on Khonshu's humor at the time, if Marc's playing nice and etc.

I hope this shows Moon Knight's strength, show that it's consistent and his profile should be above just 9-B. If there's anything wrong or the links are dead, please notice me and I'll fix it right away!

And just to let everyone know, there's a typo on Moon Knight's profile, next to "Base Abilities," written "Angewing" instead of "Angel Wing."

Last edited:
It looks fine to me and I agree with Marvel Champion, Moon Knight's powers do vary a lot from run to run. In my opinion, It should be two keys for Moon Knight's tier: 8-C/High 8-C for Base & Varies for Super-powers.
If you want we can just work on an updated profile instead of doing CRTs

Heres my sandbox

Oh no this is an sand box. Its not the profile but a place where we can work on the sandbox of the profile without effecting the real one
Oh, I see. I take we've to make our own profiles and send to the admins for approval?
I can help you with that. Do you have discord?
Sure do, give me yours and I'll send you a friend request today's afternoon.

his Age Of Khonshu key
How long does this key last for again? There are rules for making keys like this
  • For the Prime Marvel Universe, please refrain from making profiles for characters with less than 20 appearances across comic books (approximately 2 years' worth of appearances). For DC Comics, refrain from making profiles for Golden Age characters with less than 5 appearances, Pre-Crisis characters with less than 15 appearances and Post-Crisis or Post-Flashpoint characters with less than 10 appearances, unless they play an extremely important part in the scaling of other characters, as the constantly changing nature of their statistics make it hard for us to keep files updated as is.
    • For keys in existing profiles, and equipment files, one only requires at least 15 appearances across comic books, as opposed to 20.

Last edited:
Anyways, the OP looks alright to me
How should I proceed, friend? Does it require the approval of more admins?
Then it can't be a separate key. It needs to have 15 or more appearances
Age of Khonshu is a continuation of Serpent War, another comic featuring Moon Knight with similar feats. I don't remember how many issues there are, I'll have to hold you on that

Off the bat the thread is wack on the core principle it's simultaneously trying for a High 8-C tier, a 5-B tier and a Low 7-B tier.

What rating do you even want on the file, fam? List shit for that, and not inflate the feat pool you have, it comes off as kinda deceptive

Moon Knight VS Hobgoblin. Comparable to the Green Goblin. Moon Knight after learning that he was being mind-controlled, started holding back to bring him back. (High 8-C)
For further context Hobgoblin is in a weakened state in this comic as he keeps switching back to regular old Jason Macendale, so comparing the two is shoddy at best, even when Moon Knight straight up admits Macendale as Hobgoblin is straight up stronger than him.
Moon Knight VS Venom (Mac Gargan). During Civil War, Moon Knight was being hunted by the Thunderbolts, one of them being Scorpion with the symbiote. He took a direct hit from him and walked off just fine, but also was able to out-smart him while being hunted by the rest of the Thunderbolts. (High 8-C)
This being from Civil War, the "everyone hits everyone" event, is enough context to know how horrendous the feat in question is.
Moon Knight VS Vermin. Yet another Spider-man villain, this time there isn't much context. Vermin was causing trouble within Moon Knight's territory, so he decided to hunt him down. (High 8-C)
Vermin's feats include: Getting stomped by Cap in his debut, getting stomped by Spider-Man in Kraven's Last Hunt, getting stomped in the Hunted arc (forgot exactly by who rn) and getting stomped by whatever threat is around.

We list him unknown for good reason
Moon Knight VS Daken. The mutant son of Wolverine, during this issue he was being framed by a doppelganger while being completely addicted to a drug. Moon Knight appeared and just started beating him until he got better. (8-C)
What's the context of the "this drug has made me weak" bit, any proofing it ain't literal?

Also this is from the weird few hero personality issues, it's a separate key and it's more than 8-C lol, iirc it was Spidey's tier. Although I don't remember if it hits key criteria
Moon Knight VS Donald Planet. Initially an Iron Fist & Luke Cage's single issue villain, he came back on the current (2021) run of Moon Knight and he was able to both harm and take direct hits from him, a villain that is comparable to both Iron Fist and Luke Cage. (9-B & High 8-C)
A two-issue nobody shouldn't be used to scale.

Also you can't be 9-B AND High 8-C
Moon Knight VS Man Mountain Marko. My personal favorite feat. Moon Knight infiltrated a special jail for super villains in order to send a personal message to Marko to leave his daughter alone and away from crime, such message was ignored so Moon Knight BLINDED HIM permanently. (High 8-C)
This for the record, makes Moon Knight alone > Spider-Man AND Luke Cage, and fam, no way in hell I take that consistent, especially off of randos like Man Mountain Marko.

Moon Knight VS Bushman. From the famous story of him ripping Bushman's face off, during the fight he fell from the top of a building but was still able to win the fight. He falls from buildings a lot. (8-C feat, but Bushman does not have a profile.)
Falling from buildings is 9-B unless there's cratering

...do you know what Building Level is? It's destroying an entire building with a single punch, not falling from it.
Haxs:

Adamantium Crescent Darts feat: It was able to hurt Hulk's weakest (?) form, the Gray Hulk. This comes from Hulk (2008) Issue 7. (Varies, usually 5-B)
Ye sure, up to 5-B with weaponry seems fine
Eh on using stuff from Ellis' run, I think Lemire's subsequent run kinda implies a lot of it isn't legit, but that's moreso my personal opinion on it ig
Change limited mental resistance to normal/complete mental resistance: Moon Knight's mind was touched and restructured by Khonshu himself, making him immune to mental attacks. While teased a during most of his runs, the capability of this hax was shown in Moon Knight (2021) Issue 2. It also affected Rogue, crippling her mid fight. (Low 7-B | 5-B ?)
1. Seems more like Rogue's weakness than Moon Knight's strength
2. Mindhax resists have nothing to do with AP
Ye sure
Most of these feats were done while Moon Knight did NOT had his powers, all of that talk of him being stronger during Moon cycle only happened during the Fist of Khonshu run (1985), Conan: Serpent War (2019) and Age of Khonshu (Avengers 2018) and, arguably, in his current Moon Knight (2021) run . Moon Knight's powers come and go EXTREMELY FAST and depend on Khonshu's humor at the time, if Marc's playing nice and etc.
See I know this mechanic, but do you have a statement for it? Since it's hella inconsistent iirc

Off the bat the thread is wack on the core principle it's simultaneously trying for a High 8-C tier, a 5-B tier and a Low 7-B tier.

What rating do you even want on the file, fam? List shit for that, and not inflate the feat pool you have, it comes off as kinda deceptive
Being deceptive was not was goal, it was merely to show case events I've gathered and hear other's opinions so everyone come in a consensus, even so that in my original draft of this post I've made it clear that I wasn't arguing to put him anywhere above wall/building. Haven't put it because I thought it was obvious.
Also you can't be 9-B AND High 8-C
It's two tiers here because these are both Iron Fist and Luke Cage's tiers. I should've made it more clear.
Hobgoblin is in a weakened state in this comic as he keeps switching back to regular old Jason Macendale
That's the context I was trying to put there. During the fight, Macendale was even asking for Moon Knight to help him. That's why I said he was starting to hold back.
1. Seems more like Rogue's weakness than Moon Knight's strength
2. Mindhax resists have nothing to do with AP
1: Fair
2: This part I'm not arguing about AP and more just overall powers.
Ye sure, up to 5-B with weaponry seems fine
So, in theory, it would look like "9-B up to 5-B with weaponry/adamantium crescent darts" ?
Eh on using stuff from Ellis' run, I think Lemire's subsequent run kinda implies a lot of it isn't legit, but that's moreso my personal opinion on it ig
You think so? Why? I'd think that other events like Age of Khonshu would make you think that, but not Lemire's.
See I know this mechanic, but do you have a statement for it? Since it's hella inconsistent iirc
I didn't catch that quite right, you're asking about how Khonshu's humor alter the state of his powers?

It is probably too inconsistent everybody can fight everybody scaling, and Aaron's writing is simultaneously extremely morbid and dystopian and doesn't make any logical sense, even by current Marvel standards.
I thought that too but the writer actually makes it so Moon knight slowly become stronger. First iron fist, dr strange, ghost rider and THEN thor. I think its fine

Being deceptive was not was goal, it was merely to show case events I've gathered and hear other's opinions so everyone come in a consensus, even so that in my original draft of this post I've made it clear that I wasn't arguing to put him anywhere above wall/building. Haven't put it because I thought it was obvious.
Then the thread is pointless if he isn't above Wall level lmao, why bother?
It's two tiers here because these are both Iron Fist and Luke Cage's tiers. I should've made it more clear.
So? You still can't be two tiers simultaneously, he's either Iron Fist's tier or Luke Cage's
That's the context I was trying to put there. During the fight, Macendale was even asking for Moon Knight to help him. That's why I said he was starting to hold back.
Ye but Macendale isn't at his full potential, so he's not High 8-C
1: Fair
2: This part I'm not arguing about AP and more just overall powers.
2: Ye but why bother mentioning tiers then?
So, in theory, it would look like "9-B up to 5-B with weaponry/adamantium crescent darts" ?
Ye
You think so? Why? I'd think that other events like Age of Khonshu would make you think that, but not Lemire's.
Lemire's 2016 run implies Moon Knight's detached solo stuff may not be fully factual. Again that's moreso my personal opinion and not so much relevant to indexing ig
I didn't catch that quite right, you're asking about how Khonshu's humor alter the state of his powers?
Essentially: Show me the scan where Khonshu states that he interacts with Moon Knight's power level off-screen and not on very specific instances (I'd not like listing a series of one-off amps on the file, that's moreso Khonshu's ability than Moon Knight's)

Btw I didn't note that you're like, a newcomer so sorry if I came off abit too harsh.

You have to actually describe the mechanics that gives that Varies on the page itself, you can't just slap it on and call it a day lol.

Haven't checked the feats yet, but most of these from what you describe, are from Khonshu's power-ups, which again, are moreso Khonshu's ability than Moon Knight's imo, since they're very few and far between.

Oh no nvm the feats are just bad period, Iron Fist and Black Panther aren't rigid 5-B they're Variable (so fighting them doesn't get anything) and also the Thor feat is through a very minor amp, doesn't count.

Can you read the pages abit more before scaling? I don't think I wrote stuff poorly there mate.

Uh- I dont know marvel. I just thought Moon knight being 9-B was dumb since he absorbs and destroys black panther, iron fist, ghost rider, thor, mephisto, khonshu
My brother

This isn't a verse you can just randomly input on, there is an absolute **** ton of context and shit in regards to comics and the mechanics involved.

Like, imagine tiershit if everything was spread across a billion different sources, that's the big comics scaling experience.

But yeah it's because Khonshu temporarily amps Moon Knight there, and the key is too minor to bother listing. If you read the full arc that's the context

Is this looking fine Ant?
Take it from someone who read practically every MK issue ever... This is genuinely really really really bad attempt at making MK file. It's horrible, sorry, but that's what it is. This ignores sooo much just for the sake of populating the file. Even worse, it's just from like 6 issues. If you are making MK stuff from 6 issues, then don't bother at all.

Somehow this file is worse than his current absolute barebone of file. Quite an achievement, if I am being honest. Well done.

Age of Khonshu feats are applicable for MK for soooo many reasons. If you want to use a tier 2 feat of Moon Knight, should have probably read the serpent war. None of this nonsense fits. Why all these abilities, btw? Before I left, we had rules against temporary power ups. So, that's no go.

What

Uh- I dont know marvel. I just thought Moon knight being 9-B was dumb since he absorbs and destroys black panther, iron fist, ghost rider, thor, mephisto, khonshu
Nvm, that explains all.

You are missing a lot of context for all these feats btw. Long standing context btw, not just those mentioned in the arc.

Take it from someone who read practically every MK issue ever... This is genuinely really really really bad attempt at making MK file. It's horrible, sorry, but that's what it is. This ignores sooo much just for the sake of populating the file. Even worse, it's just from like 6 issues. If you are making MK stuff from 6 issues, then don't bother at all.

Somehow this file is worse than his current absolute barebone of file. Quite an achievement, if I am being honest. Well done.

Age of Khonshu feats are applicable for MK for soooo many reasons. If you want to use a tier 2 feat of Moon Knight, should have probably read the serpent war. None of this nonsense fits. Why all these abilities, btw? Before I left, we had rules against temporary power ups. So, that's no go.
Uh. Sorry? I will just leave.

Uh. Sorry? I will just leave.
If you want like, a go-through on the guidelines of how we scale n stuff, you can DM me or post on my profile, I'll gladly explain it and even help you get started.

But yeah like, long-term characters we kinda expect you know a very significant amount through reading before filemaking n stuff, sorry if that seems gatekeep-ish but it is how it is.

Damn that was cruel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back