• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Intruder (Mandela Catalogue) vs The Beast (Over The Garden Wall)

QrowBarr

They/Them
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Monsters who lurk within the shadows, they employ fear and hopelessness to seize their helpless prey. Both are different, yet almost work the same. They now face off beneath the dim moonlight, so that they may prove who is the superior hunter.​
  • Speed is equalized
  • Battle takes place deep in The Unknown
  • The Beast has his lantern
  • SBA (Victory via incapacitation or death)
I AM INSIDE YOUR HOME: Sans2345, ZeedKrakenZilla

Are you ready to see true darkness?: JustANormalLemon

the_mandela_catalogue___intruder_alert_by_charcoalman_devso6v-fullview.png
9Gf5LM9vdx.png

Hopefully this isn't a mismatch cuz this is an interesting match-up

Last edited:
trough, I don't see how th beast could even hurt the intruder, and the only thing the intruder can do is convinving the beast to comit suicide, trough It's means may be unafective in the beast

Transmutation might work, I think, since the fight is at Beast's main homefield. The intruder can get the Beast to commit die by using madnesshax and social influencing

Transmutation might work, I think, since the fight is at Beast's main homefield. The intruder can get the Beast to commit die by using madnesshax and social influencing
well, he is kinda immersed into devices and in "another plane", so I don't think the beast can reach It, I would need to understand better how the Metaphysical Awareness Disorder works(what I will not do now sinse is late here and I will not see something like this before sleeping) sinse this might not really afect the beast just thanks to It's nature

well, he is kinda immersed into devices and in "another plane", so I don't think the beast can reach It, I would need to understand better how the Metaphysical Awareness Disorder works(what I will not do now sinse is late here and I will not see something like this before sleeping) sinse this might not really afect the beast just thanks to It's nature
Intruder can still appear physically, it's how he's able to abduct kids and drag around a woman's body. Alternates can inflict M.A.D by being exposed to them long enough (if Exhibition is anything to go by), but Alternates mostly need to talk people into committing suicide by "exposing verbal information that is not desired to be known"

Intruder can still appear physically, it's how he's able to abduct kids and drag around a woman's body. Alternates can inflict M.A.D by being exposed to them long enough (if Exhibition is anything to go by), but Alternates mostly need to talk people into committing suicide by "exposing verbal information that is not desired to be known"
so... if is a "information that is not desired to know" it probable is useless against the beast... the beast would win in this cenario them ,convinving It to do tasks untill It becomes a tree

so... if is a "information that is not desired to know" it probable is useless against the beast... the beast would win in this cenario them ,convinving It to do tasks untill It becomes a tree
The Beast doesn't have resistance though. M.A.D works like a mental illness, usually whenever an Alternate goes after someone. Talking them down increases the odds of them killing themselves. So it wouldn't technically be 'useless' against him

I don't what the beast is gonna do about The Intruder's abilities, it could just talk to The Beast until they decide to die.

Eh, i guess i'll vote for The Intruder, its abilities technically isn't useless against the beast.

And i don't know what the beast would even do in this situation.

The Beast doesn't have resistance though. M.A.D works like a mental illness, usually whenever an Alternate goes after someone. Talking them down increases the odds of them killing themselves. So it wouldn't technically be 'useless' against him
Ok, now I'm confused, It supernaturaly makes you want to die or talk you to want to die?

If it's the first, yes z the beast should be affected

If is the second, what would he talk to the beast to It want to die? I don't see any info that would make the beast want to comit die

Ok, now I'm confused, It supernaturaly makes you want to die or talk you to want to die?

If is the second, what would he talk to the beast to It want to die? I don't see any info that would make the beast want to comit die
Alternates use psychological warfare on their victims and 97% of people end up dying due to suicide, this happens to them if they start to communicate with it.

And like i said before, i don't know what The Beast could do in this situation.

The Beast has no resistance to the abilities The Intruder has, so it gives The Intruder the upper hand in this battle.

Thee problem is, the intruder can really only kill the beast bye making it comit suicide, and his ways to do that aren't "magic" based, so even trough the beast don't have resistence to overall to the hability the intruder has, the way It works make It inafective against the beast, and sinse the inteuder can go to the phisical works z not only the beast would be strongues (Kidnapping children x 9-C) It would be able to use It's transmutation, also, the intruder can't kill the beast while the lampe is lighted

It's a bit of both really. Kinda hard to say how it works, but we do know that they can still influence people supernaturally based on the dialogue from Exhibition.
Why do you try to escape what you fear, Noah? You will be punished for resisting my message. You will bring another creature on the boat. You won't notice it at first, just wait Noah. Wait until you start to feel something. A change happening in your mind. You won't even realize that it had taken form until you see it. When you see it, there is no return. It will give you a message. It will be your last message.
The Beast has no resistance to the abilities The Intruder has, so it gives The Intruder the upper hand in this battle.
Intruder isn't particularly resistant to transmutation either

Thee problem is, the intruder can really only kill the beast bye making it comit suicide, and his ways to do that aren't "magic" based, so even trough the beast don't have resistence to overall to the hability the intruder has, the way It works make It inafective against the beast, and sinse the inteuder can go to the phisical works z not only the beast would be strongues (Kidnapping children x 9-C) It would be able to use It's transmutation, also, the intruder can't kill the beast while the lampe is lighted
The Intruder is fairly intelligent, i believe it would catch on really quickly that the lamp is the only thing that is keeping The Beast alive, so he would appear physically and try to destroy the lamp.

Plus, i'm not sure if The Beast can harm a non-corporeal being such as The Intruder.

The Intruder is fairly intelligent, i believe it would catch on really quickly that the lamp is the only thing that is keeping The Beast alive, so he would appear physically and try to destroy the lamp.

Plus, i'm not sure if The Beast can harm a non-corporeal being such as The Intruder.
Theo beast still much strongher theme him, and sinse It can kidnap children whem not in a divice It should be able to be harmed phisically, and isn't like the beast would just let It grab the lamp

It's a bit of both really. Kinda hard to say how it works, but we do know that they can still influence people supernaturally based on the dialogue from Exhibition.
Why do you try to escape what you fear, Noah? You will be punished for resisting my message. You will bring another creature on the boat. You won't notice it at first, just wait Noah. Wait until you start to feel something. A change happening in your mind. You won't even realize that it had taken form until you see it. When you see it, there is no return. It will give you a message. It will be your last message.

Intruder isn't particularly resistant to transmutation either
Ok, this just made me more comfused... But I asure that the only way that the intruder can kill the beast here is by making It commit suicide, and if need to relly into giving them info so they want to kill them selfs, there is no info that the beast would recive that would make It want to kill It self, like this thing uses the insecurities of others to turn them into trees

Can't the Intruder also teleport the Beast to his television realm? Like he did with over 3000 children.

Theo beast still much strongher theme him, and sinse It can kidnap children whem not in a divice It should be able to be harmed phisically, and isn't like the beast would just let It grab the lamp

Ok, this just made me more comfused... But I asure that the only way that the intruder can kill the beast here is by making It commit suicide, and if need to relly into giving them info so they want to kill them selfs, there is no info that the beast would recive that would make It want to kill It self, like this thing uses the insecurities of others to turn them into trees
Wouldn't M.A.D exposure make the Beast vulnerable to being influenced? The Alternates' whole modus operandi is to drive people insane then coerce them to committing suicide (if we're going off with what had happened to Noah, being around them is enough to mentally affect you).
Can't the Intruder also teleport the Beast to his television realm? Like he did with over 3000 children.
Well the fight takes place in the Unknown, so he wouldn't have any access to any tellies.

Wouldn't M.A.D exposure make the Beast vulnerable to being influenced? The Alternates' whole modus operandi is to drive people insane then coerce them to committing suicide (if we're going off with what had happened to Noah, being around them is enough to mentally affect you).
the problem is... It seens the intruder still need to say something that you don't want to know and would be feeling bat to know, like "your bones are wet" IDK, and what would he say to the beast?

the problem is... It seens the intruder still need to say something that you don't want to know and would be feeling bat to know, like "your bones are wet" IDK, and what would he say to the beast?
Regardless of what it is, it's still able to cause M.A.D, which is something Alternates can still inflict via direct and prolonged exposure. Suggesting that whatever 'info' it is, it's still completely unnatural (eldritch maybe) enough that it can spread what is essentially considered as a mental illness, mind you.

Regardless of what it is, it's still able to cause M.A.D, which is something Alternates can still inflict via direct and prolonged exposure. Suggesting that whatever 'info' it is, it's still completely unnatural (eldritch maybe) enough that it can spread what is essentially considered as a mental illness, mind you.
ok, now this is starting to make more sense, trough If It need days to really make the victim want to kill It self, the beast should win sinse It can make oponents become trees faster, and can kill the intruder fisically if needed

ok, now this is starting to make more sense, trough If It need days to really make the victim want to kill It self, the beast should win sinse It can make oponents become trees faster, and can kill the intruder fisically if needed
The Beast can't physically hurt the Intruder, but I suppose I'll count your vote in since tree transmutation is viable

Well, If the intruder can touch the children, the oposite should be true
Not necessarily the case, the Intruder is definitely noncorporeal and can still physically interact with things, but the opposite isn't usually true (think of how some ghosts operate in fiction)

Not necessarily the case, the Intruder is definitely noncorporeal and can still physically interact with things, but the opposite isn't usually true (think of how some ghosts operate in fiction)
Kinda, It has 2 explanations, Intangibility that you are aLWAYS 100% intangible without control over It, and the one you can turn on and off... trough we normally ignore It (like high five ghost being able to turn his on and off but tuching him still makes the rest of the regular show cahracters have NPI even trough they couldn't touch other ghosts)

Eh, it's a case-by-case basis. Nobody in the series has tried to harm the Intruder (or any Alternates in that matter) as of yet, but we shouldn't assume that the Beast can physically touch/hurt it especially since he doesn't have NPI

Eh, it's a case-by-case basis. Nobody in the series has tried to harm the Intruder (or any Alternates in that matter) as of yet, but we shouldn't assume that the Beast can physically touch/hurt it especially since he doesn't have NPI
fair I guess... welll, turn the intruder into a tree sens faster any way

So i think The Beast wouldn't even be able to harm The Intruder since it's a non-corporeal being.

Transmutation is hax, so I reckon it should still work since it's not like Intruder is nonexistent or anything

Eh, i guess i'll vote for The Intruder, its abilities technically isn't useless against the beast.

And i don't know what the beast would even do in this situation.
Will you still be voting?

Don't see why not, trough the beast mind manipulation isn't the greatest, It would help not be madness manipulated It self and help use his transmutation

Back