• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The introduction page layout.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Personally I am not particularly fond of this image, but am not sure if a larger version of the logo alone at the top of the page would make a good first impression.

What do you think?

Well with that image I think it more or less implies that we prioritize DC and Marvel more than other franchises and I don't really like that.

Doubt that a larger version of the logo alone would make a good first impression. Also I know that homophobic statements aren't allowed but I've seriously got to say this. It just look gay not that I have any problems with them but is there any chance that we can change it.

If you can supply a better logo, sure.

I'll look into it then although I believe that Lord Kavpeny asked CrossverseCrisis to try and attempt to make one if he can. As Cross may be applying for a Photoshop internship.

But I'll look into it nonetheless

Okay. Thanks. I tried out removing the Marvel and DC focus image in this layout version.

I saw it but I don' think it's good to remove it at least until we find or make a better picture as it seems.... lonely I guess for only the VS Battles logo there.

@Antvasima: It's true. I could actually make a logo for y'all but it all comes down to what y'al actutally will think of it as.

Well, I like blue and gold colours, but yes, it isn't a given that I (or the other administrators) will like the new logo better than the current one.

Well, do what you think looks the best then, but I cannot promise that I will like it.

Oooo...What color actually goes best with blue or gold? Also so far the idea i had with the vs logo would something like making the VS part big, make a curvy'ish line trail going out from the end of the S to i guess going out to the right (Think the JJBA:ASB game cover logo), then i'd put the battles part along the ccurved line and the wiki part....still figuring out on that one.

No I do not like those colours. Black is too moody and ugly, whereas violet is too feminine.

I don't really visualise what you are saying very well CC.

Yes, a new logo/picture would be nice. Perosnally I wouldn't mind seeing the blue and gold, it has a nice royal feel to it.

I agree that the front page needs another picture (other than DC vs Marvel), although I'm not quite sure what kind of picture the new one should be. Any ideas?

As for the logo, I believe the artists (aka CrossverseCrisis and any others) should present their suggestion first, and then the community should give its opinion.

Me too. The problem is that we don't have any alternatives as of yet.

Well changing the logo is not a bad idea.As it was stated at the start of the discussion the current is aimed towards comic readers mostly which may displease those that prefer other things.Though to be honest I have no idea about how the image should look like to satisfy this condition.

Well, if we only use a better logo that says "VsBattles", without any characters involved that should be acceptable. (There are at least 3807 character pages within this wiki, so featuring a representative variety of them in one image would be an extremely hard find.)

I know that listing all of those characters in a normal sized logo is impossible,so your suggestion is among the best I can think of.It states it's purpose pretty clearly also.

Yo I found this pic while I was messing around

Tumblr static tumblr static 1voa5805keysooo08ckwo8o00 640

The quality of it is... meh at best but it's better than nothing right.... that and I'm too lazy to combine a few pictures together.

I don't think that it is a good enough drawing. Sorry.

I am afraid that I cannot promise that I will like it however.

That it is. I am just not making any promises in advance. If I think it is good enough, I will bring it up as a suggestion however.

Since it is about the introduction page, I and the other administrators will have the final say regarding the matter.

I am afraid that none of them instantly struck me as particularly good.

Back