• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Immortal Who Doesn't Let God Roll Dice V.S. The Immortal Gambler (Kibutsuji Muzan V.S. Kinji Hakari)

The battle starts with both on their 8-A keys. Hakari gets no jackpots unless he gets stomped otherwise. If he gets crushed even on jackpot, we switch over to his Low 7-C key. Both seem to have more or less similar speed, so I will not equalize it.

Kibutsuji Muzan
Kinji Hakari

Who wins?

Muzan wins by touching Hakari once and putting his blood into him. Even in Jackpot, I don't think he can RCT that away

Why not? He can RCT poison away! OwO RCT definitely should boost his immune system and deal with diseases, possibly EASIER than poison since with poison it has to identify and clear the toxin, whereas with disease/pathogens it can just heal his body and have it destroy stuff that doesn't belong.

Why not? He can RCT poison away! OwO RCT definitely should boost his immune system and deal with diseases, possibly EASIER than poison since with poison it has to identify and clear the toxin, whereas with disease/pathogens it can just heal his body and have it destroy stuff that doesn't belong.
If it was just the blood in his system, yeah I can see him fixing that, but Muzan's blood does bio manip on a level I'm not sure RCT can fix. Its entirely possible and I'd love to see someone defend it, but I'm erring on the side of no for the moment.

I see... How does Muzan blood work? 'Cause I feel like RCT from JJK is insanely strong: all users can recreate lost limbs like it's nothing. I feel like at the very least RCT would be clashing against Muzan's blood, as it's nothing insane like soul manip (an actual hax JJK characters are shown to have trouble with)

I see... How does Muzan blood work? 'Cause I feel like RCT from JJK is insanely strong: all users can recreate lost limbs like it's nothing. I feel like at the very least RCT would be clashing against Muzan's blood, as it's nothing insane like soul manip (an actual hax JJK characters are shown to have trouble with)
When Muzan injects his blood into someone they rapidly become deformed and have their bodies deconstructed. While its possible that Hakari could heal this (since he is now confirmed to be top 2 in the verse when it comes to RCT usage) we havent seen an RCT user go up against something like this, so theres no precedent for if it would work or not.

When Muzan injects his blood into someone they rapidly become deformed and have their bodies deconstructed. While its possible that Hakari could heal this (since he is now confirmed to be top 2 in the verse when it comes to RCT usage) we havent seen an RCT user go up against something like this, so theres no precedent for if it would work or not.
Isn't he top 1? I recall Uraume saying that he's better than Gojou and Sukuna. Or is the medic support character lady who I forget the name (she's made very unimportant by the story and often nerfed lol) better than him?
And hmmm... I can pull a few ideas from my mind, but nothing to confirm Hakari actually wins. Most I can think of is that Gojou was able to heal from Sukuna slashes which were able to harm Mahito, meaning Gojou can heal damage to the soul, meaning Hakari also can. Soul damage is, within JJK, a worse form of bio manip hax. So maybe?
But yeah, I'm leaning towards Muzan if this doesn't work.

Isn't he top 1? I recall Uraume saying that he's better than Gojou and Sukuna. Or is the medic support character lady who I forget the name (she's made very unimportant by the story and often nerfed lol) better than him?
And hmmm... I can pull a few ideas from my mind, but nothing to confirm Hakari actually wins. Most I can think of is that Gojou was able to heal from Sukuna slashes which were able to harm Mahito, meaning Gojou can heal damage to the soul, meaning Hakari also can. Soul damage is, within JJK, a worse form of bio manip hax. So maybe?
But yeah, I'm leaning towards Muzan if this doesn't work.
Uraume said that Hakaris RCT was better than Gojo, which still puts him second to Sukuna.
Also we have no idea if Gojo can heal soul damage, and it was only Mahitos soul damage counted as bio manip. Nobaras resonance and the Soul Split Katana do soul damage without the bio manip.

To my knowledge, it's still up in the air if RCT can heal soul damage

It is up in the air for the bio manip soul manip of Mahito, but not so much up in the air for the soul cutting Sukuna dismantles and cleaves, which have been healed by Gojou.
But yeah, 2/7 for Muzan so far...

It is up in the air for the bio manip soul manip of Mahito, but not so much up in the air for the soul cutting Sukuna dismantles and cleaves, which have been healed by Gojou.
But yeah, 2/7 for Muzan so far...
We don't actually know that Sukuna's slashes cut the soul on every single slash, its just a common point of conjecture based on that one time he did it to Mahito. Using that as evidence for all of his slashes seems disingenuous.

Would it make sense for him to not use it when he has the opportunity to, though? I'd think he wouldn't hold back on that against GOJOU SATORU of all people.

Would it make sense for him to not use it when he has the opportunity to, though? I'd think he wouldn't hold back on that against GOJOU SATORU of all people.
True, but do also remember that damaging the soul how Sukuna does is different to the way Mahito transfigures the soul. RCT can heal injuries but the bio manip that Mahito (and by extension Muzan) can do are outside the realm of 'injuries' in the way that I think RCT can deal with.

Anyway I stand by my previous judgement that Muzan wins. Now that we've seen two of Hakari's fights its pretty clear he has no problem with letting his opponents hit him, since he doesn't feel the need to block or dodge, so Muzan would get an easy blood injection which manipulates Hakari's body into something I don't think he can RCT from. Plus, if he gets that blood into Hakari's head/brain its all over.

Yeah, good point. I don't think Hakari wins this, though it isn't a stomp, either. Hakari COULD have fought seriously (bloodlusted, maybe?) and spanked Muzan to death before he'd do anything. But alas, in character he most likely won't.

Muzan wins... 2/7?

Yeah, good point. I don't think Hakari wins this, though it isn't a stomp, either. Hakari COULD have fought seriously (bloodlusted, maybe?) and spanked Muzan to death before he'd do anything. But alas, in character he most likely won't.

Muzan wins... 2/7?
If Muzan didnt use that technique as an insta-win, it would be a much closer fight, and I could see arguments being made for both sides. Hakari in Jackpot would likely be stronger than Muzan but he lacks the versatility that Muzan's blood demon art grants him.

Being ABSORBED most definitely counts as damage to the body if you're literally being decomposed to absorb

Issue with this battle is Hakari’s 8-A key is subsonic+ and speed is unequalized. Hakari’s Jackpot state is what gives his MHS speed scaling but it also makes his AP Low 7-C. Which should be fine since Muzan has regen and Hakari uses H2H but it depends on how OP sets the match.

There’s a few things from the Cursed Energy and Sorcerer page that haven’t been gone over. Hakari due to simply having CE and being an Advanced Sorcerer has

A.) Curse Manipulation which Muzan has no resistance to. The pain manip might apply if Muzan can’t heal the wounds due to them being Cursed. In context an at best Grade 1 level curse was able to incap Maki (who had no resistance at the time) in a few seconds from just a scratch. Hakari even in Base has top tier Grade 1 Sorcerer tier CE potency which scales ridiculously above Todo who’s strong enough to exorcise Special Grade Curses before the story even started. So Base Hakari’s CE > Todo’s CE > average Special Grade Curse CE >>> Grade 1 Curse CE ~ Cursing people with no resistance in seconds from a scratch

B.) Mind Manipulation via CE, which Muzan doesn’t resist. And the way it works is that exposure to CE corrodes the mind over time. But it’ll be a status effect on Muzan the whole time if he’s ever hit

C.) Sorcerers have limited Biological Manip resistance via Power Null. The inside of a sorcerers body can’t be altered biologically due to the inside being considered a Domain without being damaged externally first. So without the blood entering him through a wound it won’t work. This doesn’t matter in Hakari’s 8-A key but it does in Jackpot where his durability is low 7-C.

D.) If Muzan absorbs Hakari, it’ll most likely be a draw because Muzan would get cursed by Hakari’s entire cursed energy potency and die

And as for Hakari’s own abilities

1.) Jackpot can filter out gas based poisons like Chlorine so I don’t think Muzan’s blood which works on a cellular level would overpower Hakari’s regen via automatic RCT

2.) He has supernatural luck listed as an actual legit power on his profile, so take that as you may

Wait, when do we see exposure to CE corroding the mind of anyone in the setting? I don't recall that at all o.o
And huh, I hadn't thought of the idea of absorbing CE killing Muzan.
Also, Mahito can kinda kill people in one touch without injuring them. Where do you see this thing with the inside of the body being considered a Domain?

B.) Mind Manipulation via CE, which Muzan doesn’t resist. And the way it works is that exposure to CE corrodes the mind over time. But it’ll be a status effect on Muzan the whole time if he’s ever hit
What the hell are you on about here?
A.) Curse Manipulation which Muzan has no resistance to. The pain manip might apply if Muzan can’t heal the wounds due to them being Cursed. In context an at best Grade 1 level curse was able to incap Maki (who had no resistance at the time) in a few seconds from just a scratch. Hakari even in Base has top tier Grade 1 Sorcerer tier CE potency which scales ridiculously above Todo who’s strong enough to exorcise Special Grade Curses before the story even started. So Base Hakari’s CE > Todo’s CE > average Special Grade Curse CE >>> Grade 1 Curse CE ~ Cursing people with no resistance in seconds from a scratch
And while this is theoretically possible, we have no evidence that Hakari would use his CE in this way. We know what his fighting style is and it doesnt have anything to be the potency of his cursing

Muzan's the better fighter here. He's able to attack from distance, he can easily cut Hakari's head off here. Muzan's also blitzing before Jackpot ever gets activated here. voting Muzan

Muzan's the better fighter here. He's able to attack from distance, he can easily cut Hakari's head off here. Muzan's also blitzing before Jackpot ever gets activated here. voting Muzan
HMMM I really don't think Muzan is "the better fighter". Muzan literally has trash combat skills and is entirely carried by his tentacles.
Also, both of them are very similarly lightning timers. I think even the calc values are very similar.

HMMM I really don't think Muzan is "the better fighter". Muzan literally has trash combat skills and is entirely carried by his tentacles.
Also, both of them are very similarly lightning timers. I think even the calc values are very similar.
Yeah you’re just wrong then. Muzan fought against Yoriichi, numerous Hashiras, and was always performing relative or outperforming them in combat. And look at Hakari’s page, he’s subsonic in base and mhs in Jackpot, something that takes time for him to get to so Hakari gets blitzed. Also the mhs rating will not be there for lone.

And those tentacles were enough to fend off several Hashiras, all more skilled, better precog, and better acrobats than Hakari's ever shown. This Muzan was also nerfed. He'd easily land a slash to the head or neck and kill Hakari.

JJK's Curse Manip from injuries is inconsistent, that curse Geto put in the school was weaker than the Semi-Grade 1 Curse that he later sent to test Yuta making it Grade 2 at least then Maki gets hit by Dagon's Domain Amped attacks and is completely fine to continue fighting, then Jogo flames her and she survives for an hour without medical attention thanks to physical toughness.

What the hell are you on about here?

And while this is theoretically possible, we have no evidence that Hakari would use his CE in this way. We know what his fighting style is and it doesnt have anything to be the potency of his cursing
Y’all didn’t looked at the Cursed Energy Manipulation and Sorcerer Pages linked in Hakari’s profile? Those are inherent properties of Cursed Energy

JJK's Curse Manip from injuries is inconsistent, that curse Geto put in the school was weaker than the Semi-Grade 1 Curse that he later sent to test Yuta making it Grade 2 at least then Maki gets hit by Dagon's Domain Amped attacks and is completely fine to continue fighting, then Jogo flames her and she survives for an hour without medical attention thanks to physical toughness.
You could make in verse arguments as to why or chalk it up to an inconsistency or Gege forgot, but Muzan isn’t even from the same verse and has 0 tolerance to it or any resistance to curse manip

Yeah that curse energy stuff should really not be getting used in any argument here.
Why is there an entire Cursed Energy page linked to JJK characters profiles made then 💀

I can tell you it definitely wasn’t made to ignore the powers and abilities it grants them

Back