• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

THE HYPE PAYED OFF

You're talking to the guy that came up with the time frame buddy :maybe

I think I know my entire thought process even if the posts you're referencing don't state it in entirety

ChaosTheory123 said:
I think I know my entire thought process even if the posts you're referencing don't state it in entirety
You said about 30 seconds right? Saitama gets from the Moon to the Earth in 10.

But that's irrelevant, I'm saying Boros' kick was FTL, and Saitama scales from that. Everyone is discussing the wrong thing.

LordXcano said:
ChaosTheory123 said:
But that's irrelevant, I'm saying Boros' kick was FTL, and Saitama scales from that. Everyone is discussing the wrong thing.
So what your saying is that... theres a contradiction?

SomebodyStupid said:
LordXcano said:
ChaosTheory123 said:
What I'm saying is that he assumed a figure based on about 2 things and that figure was obviously wrong

Canon > Calcs

You can have the most solid calc in the universe but it means nothing if canon contradicts it.

And again, the only """"contradiction"""" here is canon over an assumption, clearly that assumption was wrong.

LordXcano said:

Clarify

What makes the anime canon?

Because that's what I assume you're talking about for a time frame

LordXcano said:
SomebodyStupid said:
LordXcano said:
ChaosTheory123 said:
What I'm saying is that he assumed a figure based on about 2 things and that figure was obviously wrong
Canon > Calcs

You can have the most solid calc in the universe but it means nothing if canon contradicts it.

And again, the only """"contradiction"""" here is canon over an assumption, clearly that assumption was wrong.
  • Implying anime is canon...

ChaosTheory123 said:
LordXcano said:
Clarify
What makes the anime canon?

Because that's what I assume you're talking about for a time frame
@Thebluedash (this is for you too)

The anime has DIRECT input by both ONE and Murata, they have revised the script where they feel it needs to be changed and ONE has given the entire thing his approval. The only way this could get more canon is if ONE sat down and drew the entire thing himself.

LordXcano said:
@Thebluedash (this is for you too)

The anime has DIRECT input by both ONE and Murata, they have revised the script where they feel it needs to be changed and ONE has given the entire thing his approval. The only way this could get more canon is if ONE sat down and drew the entire thing himself.
The PMMM vidoegames and Draon Ball Gt had oversight but are not primary canon either.

Morale: Oversight =/= Canon

ChaosTheory123 said:
Good points to be honest
Thank you

@SomebodyStupid The difference between the PMMM video games, GT, and this is that their scripts weren't re-written where needed by the author and plus their entire plot contradicts the canon.

LordXcano said:
ChaosTheory123 said:
Good points to be honest
Thank you
@SomebodyStupid The difference between the PMMM video games, GT, and this is that their scripts weren't re-written where needed by the author and plus their entire plot contradicts the canon.
Dragon Ball Kai is considered "canon" yet we don't use timeframes from it. Why should we make an exception for OPM?

Thebluedash said:
LordXcano said:
ChaosTheory123 said:
Good points to be honest
Thank you
Dragon Ball Kai is considered "canon" yet we don't use timeframes from it. Why should we make an exception for OPM?
This a good point, the anime is tertiary canon,the remake is an adaptation of the webcomic and the anime is an adaptation of the remake.

LordXcano said:
ChaosTheory123 said:
Good points to be honest
Thank you
Actually the PMMM video game is more of a what if than anything but I digress.

Thebluedash said:
LordXcano said:
ChaosTheory123 said:
Good points to be honest
Thank you

We don't use timeframes from it because it was considered an outlier. The OPM exception is because it's the only one we will ever have? There's no reason to not use it.

@SomebodyStupid Thank you for disproving your own point.

LordXcano said:
Thebluedash said:
LordXcano said:
ChaosTheory123 said:
Good points to be honest
Thank you
We don't use timeframes from it because it was considered an outlier. The OPM exception is because it's the only one we will ever have? There's no reason to not use it.
That logic does not make sense. Just because "it's the only one we will ever have" doesn't mean it's not an outlier or it should be used. Anime in general are extremely inconsistent. And if we started using this logic, a bunch of our profiles here would have much greater stats than they do now.

@Bluedash The logic makes perfect sense. We didn't have a timeframe. Now we do, and it's canon. Therefore, we should use it.

"And if we started using this logic, a bunch of our profiles here would have much greater stats than they do now."

So you're saying this won't happen because of issues with the way the wiki is run?

did you just say piccolo's moon busting is an outlier, guys i feel like the word outlier became attached to db for downplayers, we're not making any exeption for your fanboying/wanking over opm and use Cinematic timeframes, deal with it.

LordXcano said:
@Bluedash The logic makes perfect sense. We didn't have a timeframe. Now we do, and it's canon. Therefore, we should use it.
"And if we started using this logic, a bunch of our profiles here would have much greater stats than they do now."

So you're saying this won't happen because of issues with the way the wiki is run?
Cinematic Timeframes are just shit the animator assumed. It's the same thing with calcs. Except calcs has a more logical timeframe.

Aimenaltair said:
did you just say piccolo's moon busting is an outlier, guys i feel like the word outlier became attached to db for downplayers, we're not making any exeption for your fanboying/wanking over opm and use Cinematic timeframes, deal with it.
I was saying the administrative team decided against it because the speed was an outlier. Explain how this is wanking. Go on.

"Cinematic Timeframes are just shit the animator assumed. It's the same thing with calcs. Except calcs has a more logical timeframe."

Proof this is a cinematic timeframe and not representative of the actual speed? "Also Brors said he will destroy the planet not just the surface. So 5-B Boros ?" He never says he'll destroy the entire planet.

How is it even remotely near an outlier please do tell us, they said they wouldn't take the CINEMATIC timeframe becase it's freaking CINEMATIC, in fact we're taking the 17 seconds from the calc established from the manga even if we already know it's false.

Aimenaltair said:
How is it even remotely near an outlier please do tell us, they said they wouldn't take the CINEMATIC timeframe becase it's freaking CINEMATIC, in fact we're taking the 17 seconds from the calc established from the manga even if we already know it's false.
If they decided against it because it's a cinematic timeframe then they decided wrongly. There is nothing wrong with cinematic timeframes.

"And the attack is called "collapsing star, Roaring cannon",anime boros star level?"

lol vegta has big bang atack saiyan saga mutligalact?

Aimenaltair said:
Yes they did, the only reason piccolo's moon busting is not 4 second long is because it's cinematic timeframe.
Well then you make a thread about that because that's terrible terrible reasoning

LordXcano said:
Hmm? How? Aimenaltair wrote:

Yes they did, the only reason piccolo's moon busting is not 4 second long is because it's cinematic timeframe.
"Well then you make a thread about that because that's terrible terrible reasoning"

ROFL cinematic timing is extremely inaccurate in a LOT of cases, they didn't want to take the chance which is understandable.

@Someboy By saying it was a what-if and wasn't intended to be canon in the first place

LordXcano said:
@Someboy By saying it was a what-if and wasn't intended to be canon in the first place
By that I meant the witches, and witch lore. the story itself is non canon

LordXcano said:
Any real evidence that the witch lore contradicts the anime one?
No.... but its secondary canon, and hence its noted as that if used.

Here however, Saitama's page is not a composite, which is why the feat can't be used.

"Here however, Saitama's page is not a composite, which is why the feat can't be used."

So you're saying an actual legitimate feat can't be used because someone is too lazy to tag Saitama as "FTL"?

"No.... but its secondary canon, and hence its noted as that if used."

Well if it doesn't contradict anything and it had authorial input then why doubt it?

LordXcano said:
"Here however, Saitama's page is not a composite, which is why the feat can't be used."
So you're saying an actual legitimate feat can't be used because someone is too lazy to tag Saitama as "FTL"?

"No.... but its secondary canon, and hence its noted as that if used."

Well if it doesn't contradict anything and it had authorial input then why doubt it?
-"legitmate" cinematic timeing remember?

-Its still not offically recognized as part of PMMM even if I wanted it to

I'd like to clear a few things up.

The OPM profiles are indeed composite (webcomic, manga, anime) as long as there are no ludicrous contradictions.

The reason Piccolo's moon blast speed was so heavily debated wasn't simply because "lol cinematic time" or "lol downplay/wank". It's also because we had to determine if it was "realistic" comparatively to the rest of the setting, or was an outlier, as no other attack for two sagas (from much, much, MUCH stronger characters) moved that fast.

As for this Boros feat, it seems like it could work to me, as there really is nothing to discount this yet, and it only scales to three people (Boros, Saitama, Monster Garou........maaaaaaybe LF). Might have to start a staff thread about it.

Sigh this whole thing is giving me a headache i say we seperate the versions of one punch man and use them as their own thing or only use the webcomic for feats.If we accept the anime feats then boros is planet level and saitama by cinematic timing from the anime is ftl.

Back