• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hunter (Monster Hunter) vs Primevil

(Note: In both fights, the Hunter is G-Rank, but has not reached G Special Permit level yet, so they will somewhere between the low-end and high-end of the G-Rank statistics. Also, while speed is equalised for combat speed, Primevil is still very much rooted to the spot).

Round 1: The Hunter is in the middle of a gathering quest of a new area they just unlocked, when they come across a Geomagnetic Pole. The curious hunter tries touching the Pole, and ends up being teleported deep underground into Primevil's lair. The Hunter will not be able to leave without defeating Primevil.

Round 2: The Guild posts an urgent quest to investigate the newly discovered Geomagnetic Pole. Several people have already tried to examine it, but have never returned, and so the Guild wants to deal with it. The Hunter is allowed as much time as they want to prepare, but there is no way of knowing what will lie beyond.

Monster hunter 4 ultimate character
So far:

Primevil
Round 1:

Hunter - 0 votes

Primevil - 2 votes

Round 2:

Hunter - 1 vote

Primevil - 1 vote

While Primevil has the AP advantage, I'd say that the hunter has the Durability and Speed advantage, as well as having a more clearly defined level of intellect.

I know not what armor he has in this fight, nor do I know the weapon, but I do know that Primevil has an attack type that could, most likely, deal with the the elemental weakness the Hunter may or may not have.

However, both can heal, but Primevil can temporarily become invincible and remove any of the Hunter's temporary buffs.

R1: I side with Primevil with high difficulty, due to how odd their physcal qualities are when compared.

R2: Siding with The Hunter with mid-difficulty, due to having more equipment to deal with Primevil and being more prepared for an actual fight, whereas in Round 1, he wasn't.

Your comment made me just imagine how round 1 would play out:

Hunter uses Admant Pill. Hunter's defence rose sharply.

Primevil uses Resolve. Hunter's benificial effect faded.

Hunter is charging up an attack.

Primevil uses Cell Membrane. Primevil is preparing a counterattack.

Hunter unleashed a charged slash. Primevil negated the attack. Primevil counterattacks. Hunter takes damage.

Primevil uses Necrosis. Hunter Fainted.

Well, looks like the hunter needs a lot of prep time.

In any case, for the Hunter's armour and weapon, just choose one. Make it something that is prepared for anything, because the hunter doesn't know what they're facing until they face it.

I mean, probably just give him this: Armor Set. Also, it may be benefitial to give him a Tailsman with at least +2 Evade on it, so that he can get the third scale on his armor, and for the weapon, I'd likely just keep it to a theme, I guess.

Considering that it comes from a Country Level foe, and that's what level Hunter we are working with, I figure it would be kinda fitting. :/

Makes sense. (I have an urge to make a terrible pun, but I'll hold off on it)

So:

R1:

Hunter: 0

Primevil: 1

R2:

Hunter: 1

Primevil: 0

Oh wow!! Etrian Odyssey has profiles!? I did not know that!! I need to check them out at once!! Oh, I love Etrian Odyssey so much! Its's just so underrated!! I even made a thread about it before, regarding the Untold version, but no one responded.

As for the thread, I'll study their profiles and judge on it based on my stock knowledge of the two characters before I make a verdict.

Yeah, I have to agree with Gimmy on this. Heck, even in game you CANNOT take down Primevil without having prepared beforehand. Yes I know there are people who soloed the boss with Protector, but they still had to prepare for that. Same goes for my man The Hunter.

Round 1 goes to Primevil, however The Hunter will be able to damage it severely. Then again, Necrosis.

Round 2 is basically Hunter with prep time. The Primevil goes down, and the town of Etria thanks him. They think he's an explorer, but he reveals he is actually a hunter from a distant country. Crossover fanfic, anyone? *wink*

Now that I contributed to the fight, can I add my name to the Etrian Odyssey's list of Supporters or do I need permission? I know a lot about Etrian Odyssey, but I'm not perfect. And we need moar profiles! Like the ludicrously OP Fafnir Knight.

Etrian Odyssey only came to this wiki a few days ago. That's because I was sort of the one that encouraged it to be introduced. As of now, the antagonists are the easiest to find statistics for, so that's why Primevil and the Overlord are the only profiles made. I would appreciate some more Etrian Odyssey supporters, and as far as I know, you don't need permission. Perhaps there should be a separate thread about what tiers to put the characters at. I've got a pretty good idea of where Fafnir Knight and Highlander should go though, as well as Visil, M.I.K.E, and the Ur-Child.

On a side note, I had not expected you to be into many of the same series that I am. First Monster Hunter, then Danganronpa, and now Etrian Odyssey. It's a pretty big coincidence, if you ask me.

In any case:

R1:

Primevil: 2

R2:

Hunter: 2

Primevil: 0

Yeah, I was about to say that! I guess we just like stuff that are inherently good. :D

I found that thread I made before. Now the only left to do is to find how big exactly is the entire labyrinth. I'm think Mountain or higher or something.

Buuut I'm getting off-topic, so I guess I'll shut my mouth now. Regardless, it seems the Primevil is taking the lead in R1, while Hunter demolishes R2.

Ah.

Well, with a noteworthy power gap like this, i assume we are still using low-tier Hunter for this, the Hunter is gonna have a hard time actually dealing damage to Primevil. Hunter still likely has speed over Primevil. I see round 1 going to Primevil due to the Hunter not being prepared, and being physically outclassed overall.

As for Round 2, I think the Hunter will stand a better chance due to having more weapons and such suited better for combat, like Demon Drugs and possibly even a trap of some sort. Physicality is still the same. I honestly think that Primevil wins with high difficulty, due to it's healing and ability to removes enemy buffs, as well as likely exploit the hunter's elemental weakness, eventually.

K, so it looks like even the hunter couldn't save the town of Etria. All well.

R1:

Primevil: 2

R2:

Hunter: 1

Primevil: 1

To compensate for the power difference, let's say that this is a late G-rank urgent quest, so something like a Gogmazios, but not a special permit request, like Fatalis is. Will edit the OP to show this change.

Also, I believe I worked out how fast Primevil is. As it is rooted to the spot, it generally can't move, but it is able to attack at Massively Hypersonic speeds, because it can hit characters who are able to dodge lightning; in the second stratum, which is pretty early in the game, you get a request to steal a Wyvern egg from its nest (wow, both games series' have these, huh?). Suprise, suprise, the Wyvern is home, and it will shoot lightning at you. You can and must avoid this, because it really hurts your party. If Primevil can hit those who dodged lightning, it's pretty fast at attacking after all.

This means that the Hunter is still slightly faster, but only barely.

Back