• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hunter (Bloodborne) vs The Hunter (Monster Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lasatar said:
Which two?
Kirbyelmejor's vote is unvalid since he didn't give any explanation as to why MH would win. I don't know who the other one is because i'm lazy and don't want to read the entire thread.

Okay, so Kirbyelmajor and Flames of Power didn't provide reasoning. All well, I'll just wait for more input. Do you have a vote btw?

Lasatar said:
Okay, so Kirbyelmajor and Flames of Power didn't provide reasoning. All well, I'll just wait for more input. Do you have a vote btw?
well just say my reasoning. The MH Hunter wins do to dragon element.

Now with that fixed.

Also, is the voting system 7 votes in total, or 7 votes in favour of one of them? If it is the former, then MH has already won, since even if BB got the next 2 votes (unlikely), it would still lose.

Bloodborne Hunter overall faster and more manuverable, has better regen options and his feats are much more solid (The MH Hunter is arguably still weaker than Fatalis while the BB Hunter has clearly outstripped the Moon Pressence in power)

Fatalis and Moon Pressence are similar in power but while both can move the moon only one of them created the moon and a pocket dimension so imo Moon Pressence>>Fatalis and BB Hunter>>Fatalis due to being stronger than the Moon Pressence.

But the MH Hunter most certainly can kill a Fatalis. It's just that most of the canon fodder hunters can't.

I have decided, after a lot of consideration that MH wins if they have access to items, but loses if not. Since this is at peak, that includes items. It isn't listed in the profile, but Monster Hunters have some very Hax item combos.

Aside from hax combos and such in regards to armor sets and items, I would like to point out that there are Sub-Rel and relativistic foes/attacks the monster Hunter has faced, as well as some FTL feats, even.

Also, it was actually agreed upon in another thread that White Fatalis was planet level anyway, which the Hunter still takes care of, meaning that through scaling the Monster Hunter has superior AP/Durability (IDK why it is set to moon level, but oh well). Couple that with reactions surpassing the BB Hunter's maximum speed, and MH has the physicality edge.

As for items, I read back, and I'm wondering, can that thing in BB Hunter's arsenal stop healing that comes from an item? Cause if so, then it is more significant then I thought. If not, only natural regen is halted.

To note, MH also has numerous items that can greatly buff his durability and damage output, effectively allowing him to keep up with BB should he ever gain the upperhand with stat enhancing items.

The Hunter also has numerous items that take care of status ailments, too. Naturally, I would expect the same from BB Hunter, and that somehow, this would all boil downt to physicality, in which I would side with the Monster Hunter.

I would like some more insight on the BB Hunter's abilities before actually making a call on the winner, however.

I say we give the MH Hunter Twinbane Twilight. It has faster attack speed than other weapon classes, and has two elements that the bloodborne hunter will absolutely hate; Dragon and Blast. When you're constantly blowing up and your mind is being messed with, you're pretty screwed.

If that is acceptable, then that is higher then The high-end I got for White Fatalis (bottom of the page, also meaning to update the atack speed for Fatalis as I have found the full speed of it's "lightning"), effectively putting BB Hunter higher in terms of DC and Durability.

I still lack full knowledge on BB Hunter, but I am still certian MH's reactions exceed BB Hunter's speed, due to the previsouly mentioned relativistic and FTL attacks/monsters he deals with.

Also, assuming that the Hunter is using a set involving Blast and Dragon Element, this will be dealing considerable damage to the BB Hunter despite his superior strength and durability.

Until I have further info on BB Hunter, I will retract my vote for the Monster Hunter.

MH: 6

BB: 2

If both are accepted then this would likely be a stalemate, with the BB Hunter being unable to hit the MH Hunter but the MH Hunter being unable to put the BB Hunter down. Nothing's final yet though

True.

But while we wait for confirmation, I was wondering, what actually is the Hunter's Dream?

To go with that, how does the supposed telekinetic pull of the moon scale to the Moon Presence's durabiltiy? It's not physical, so shouldn't it be applicable only to it's telekinesis and not much else? Or am I missing something important here?

Moving the moon... White Fatalis had a similar thing. It was agreed that it was at least moon level, however, dispite the fact that the eclipse doesn't appear to be moving, the quest only lasts 35 minutes, so it could well be moving the moon rather than stopping it. That would put Fatalis on the Moon Presence's level.

How should I know? It would take a calc, but it seems to be moved at the same speed as the earth's spinning, which is quite far and fast at the equator (especially from orbit).

You could always consider the other option; it stops both the earth and moon in their tracks. This is supported by the fact the eclipse never seems to move in the sky. That means it basically moves the earth as well as the moon.

If you mean that it stops the earth and moon from revolving around the sun, that still only comes out to small planet level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back