• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hunter (Bloodborne) VS Randall Flagg (The Dark Tower)

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
A remnant from the old Royale thread I made some time ago. I actually feel like this match could be interesting in its own way.

Rules

• Random encounter.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • 8-C Hunter
  • Battle takes place here. (There is a lamppost nearby.)
  • Winner by death or incapacitation.
  • Votes with one-dimensional reasoning (Such as "X character via [insert ability here]" votes or similar) will not be counted.
Vote Count

How much gear does the Hunter have at the "Beiginning of the game"? Depending on how much of his arsenal he has, he could stand a chance enough to draw me to Inconclusive, but otherwise, looks like Randall haxstomps.

Even with Hunter's Type 8 and indefinite resistance to Flagg's mindhax?

Also, "Beginning of Game" simply refers to the Hunter at any point prior to becoming a Great One. Or so I was told. If it referred to Hunter at what was literally the beginning of the game, he'd be fighting Flagg with his bare hands.

Type 8 is always restricted, unless the opponent has a counter for it. In this case, Randal has no way to permanatly kill him.

Forgot about the Great Ones driving people insane on sight.

Now to break it down.

Randall could use his posion manipulation to try and negate the Hunter's durability, but at the same time, The Hunter could just grab an antidote. meanwhile, The Hunter is definetly going to do better in hand to hand, and he could probably drive Randall crazy with the Bloodletter, therefore lowering his shields as he goes on a frenzy. Although Randall could blast him from afar, if he has something like the threaded cane, he could easily make up for it. I'll go with the Hunter.

Technically Flagg can get past Type 8, just not with his AP. His transmutation is combat applicable and would definitely incapacitate, and it can also be used to prevent Hunter's weapons from becoming a factor. (i.e. by turning them into fruit or something before they can be used)

Flagg's poison manip is prep only. It involves him lacing objects (such as books) with one of the many poisons he's collected over the centuries, and he doesn't actually travel with them.

Does Hunter have any feats of seeing through illusions or resisting sleep spells, also?

And I quote from The VS Thread rules........

"When making a match using a character that has Immortality Types 4 (Protection from a deity) and 8 (Existing so long as something else exists) where the opponent has no way to bypass this, it is automatically restricted."

Basically anything that involves the Great Ones would technically fall under seeing through illusions

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Does Hunter have any feats of seeing through illusions or resisting sleep spells, also?
Technically, gaining insight in Bloodborne is seeing the world for what it truely is, IE, breaking the illusion, but that's about it.

Well, I do think that could help, since Flagg's illusions are rather powerful in-universe. He conjured up the Emerald Palace from The Wizard Of Oz once, for example, and it was such a realistic illusion that Roland and his group felt like they could actually touch the building and were even able to walk inside. He managed to insert the illusion of his own presence inside a tornado from miles away from it, also. (This wasn't a pre-existing building or anything, either. They were in the middle of Topeka.)

Sleep spells come in two forms; the one he used on Roland that simply involved him raising his arms and laughing while the latter charged at him, and the literal act of telling Hunter to "Sleep".

Which is another thing; some of Randall's command-based magic falls under the non-mental category. He can stop your lungs from working just by saying "Stop breathing", as an example. (Though this wouldn't stop Hunter for good, because again, Type 8)

If it's not going to get past the Hunter's Type 8, then wouldn't it be restricted?

Because I already mentioned that his transmutation is a means of getting past it?

This sounds like a haxstomp for Randall. He could literally just speak one word and instantly kill the Hunter, and when he comes back, he can turn him into an apple and eat him. I see no way The Hunter would be able to deal with this sort of stuff.

Eh, I dunno. I figured the Hunter would have his own means of killing/incapacitating Randall that could help with the latter's hax. (I like the Hunter, but I'm not familiar with all of his abilities)

If this actually is a haxstomp, then my bad...

It happens. Sometimes we miss stuff. I've made plenty of stomps on accident.

Man, you have no idea. I've been trying to find good matches for this guy for the longest time now, but he just murders most of the characters I know of within his tier.

I'm also one of the few people around here who knows that much about him, so there are reasons why that doesn't help.

>making a Sans match

Don't take this the wrong way, but I've thought of doing that, and I'm honestly not looking forward to the downplay that might happen if I try it. I also hate being unoriginal.

...Still, I might not have much of a choice at this point.

Also, I just realized that Sleep Manipulation is missing from Flagg's powerset. Dunno how I didn't see that before...

Plot manipulation probably screws him hard. He was actually foiled by a literal deus ex machina once. (Although he escaped before the event was able to kill him)

He also has a long history of simply failing thanks to circumstance, which would bode poorly against someone who can manipulate...well, circumstance.

Back