• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hero vs the Villain: Bell Cranel vs Eto

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Bell Cranel

vs

Eto (One-Eyed Owl)

Rules:

Both at their strongest with their strongest equipment. Win by death only. In-character, but will do anything to win. Random encounter. Bell is in "full hero mode".

(We can change the rules at any time to make the fight more fair)

Fight takes place inside of the dungeon, in an area with lots of cover such as trees or walls.

Situation (Optional):

A young boy walks through the floors of the dungeon. He lost his party long ago, and is trying to find them---

...Then, he heard screams...

The boy rushed towards the source of the noise, and finds... bodies... Bodies upon bodies of dead adventurers.

There, in the center, is the final group, and his own party... but there was something in the way... A beast--- a monster...

It looks at the boy, and smiles.

This is no time to be stricken with fear. This is no time to mourn for the dead. There is only one thing he can do right now...

Kill the beast, and save the people.

Cue the music

Alternate music

Score:

Bell: 3

Eto: 2

Inconclusive: 0

Bell Cranel
The Argonaut

Oeo anime

Eto's a much better fighter than Bell, but I think I'll side with him due to his Argonaut ability plus his Luck ability, which will almost ensure that it will go off in the face of a monster as threatening as the One-Eyed Owl. A barely charged version was enough to turn a dragon the size of a car to a charred mess with a single use, and Bell will most assuredly spam it due to how terrifying Eto is as the Owl.

Bump again.

(This will probably be just me bumping the whole thread. .-.)

I agree that Argonaut + Luck could give Bell the win, but wouldn't the speed difference make this a speed stomp? Hypersonic vs at least Subsonic, IMO Eto should be capable of tearing Bell to pieces before he can do anything. Unless I'm missing something in this matchup.

@Lazyhunter

Come to think of it... Tokyo Ghoul speeds have gone unjustified for the longest and Kaneki (who trumped her in :Re) has been knocked down to Subsonic, so I guess Eto deserves the same treatment.

Well, if they are at the same speed I think Bell can win this with some difficulty. Eto's page notes "playful and rarely takes things seriously" as her weakness, which will likely give Bell the chance to use Argonaut. Add Luck and Bell might finish her off in one attack. Even if Bell doesn't use Argonaut from the beginning and Eto tries to slowly kill him and play with her prey, that only makes the "heroic reversal" even more likely. My vote goes to Bell.

@Xmark

As I said before, Speed Equalized really isn't necessary considering they're the same tier (and a very narrow tier it is).

I'm just expecting the human's hax to backfire halfway into the fight, allowing Eto to close in for the kill. I can't believe there are people who think Luke Skywalker can kill Goku.

@EDfloors

Bell's Argonaut never really backfires since it's more of a last second power-up to help him overcome what's in his path. A two second charge up turned a baby dragon into a charred husk. If he gets anyway near a ten second charge up, Eto's going down.

Reppuzan said:
@EDfloors
Bell's Argonaut never really backfires since it's more of a last second power-up to help him overcome what's in his path. A two second charge up turned a baby dragon into a charred husk. If he gets anyway near a ten second charge up, Eto's going down.
But if Eto hits him hard enough while "toying" with him, he'll go down.

Hm, this is a hard one. Eto won't take things seriously, but even a casual hit from her would be dangerous. On the other hand, Bell has Argonaut, which could potentially one-shot Eto with enough charge time. She has Low-Mid regen though...

Going with Eto for now, i don't think Argonaut would deal enough damage to kill her in one shot with that regen. And once she regenerates, she'll start taking things seriously, and when that happens, Bell is dead.

By the way, Eto is much bigger than the dragon Bell killed. She's almost as big as an apartment building while in her Kakuja form, and she can casually flip/toss/crush objects bigger and heavier than said dragon.

ExerciseDancefloors said:
By the way, Eto is much bigger than the dragon Bell killed. She's almost as big as an apartment building while in her Kakuja form, and she can casually flip/toss/crush objects bigger and heavier than said dragon.
First, you don't know the weight of that dragon. It could weight 150 tons as far as we know.

Second, that was a level 2 Bell with like, 2 seconds of charge. IIRC, Level 3 Bell has a feat with Argonaut that could go from Building to maybe even City Block level. I don't remember how much charge time he had though.

NotEvenHuman said:
ExerciseDancefloors said:
First, you don't know the weight of that dragon. It could weight 150 tons as far as we know.
Second, that was a level 2 Bell with like, 2 seconds of charge. IIRC, Level 3 Bell has a feat with Argonaut that could go from Building to maybe even City Block level. I don't remember how much charge time he had though.

You're wanking it's weight just so you can say I'm wrong? Come on, there's no way in hell it weighed 150 tons. Hell, even if it did, Eto would still be able to flip it up in the air.

@ExerciseDanceFloors Knock it off with the accusations. Call others wankers is a surefire way to discredit your arguments and get this thread closed.

That said, I highly doubt that Baby Dragon was 150 tons, four or five tops from eyeballing it.

If Godzilla can be 80 meters tall and weight 50000 tons, nothing weight related would surprise me in fiction. I'm not wanking, i'm saying that it's a possibility. Though i also think it's around five.

Reppuzan said:
@ExerciseDanceFloors
Knock it off with the accusations. Call others wankers is a surefire way to discredit your arguments and get this thread closed.

That said, I highly doubt that Baby Dragon was 150 tons, four or five tops from eyeballing it.
Even if the accusations are truthful? I just can't see that little dragon weighing 150 tons. It's probably the weight of a pickup truck tops.

NotEvenHuman said:
If Godzilla can be 80 meters tall and weight 50000 tons, nothing weight related would surprise me in fiction. I'm not wanking, i'm saying that it's a possibility. Though i also think it's around five.
Very Well

I should speed equalize this now. Eto's speed got downgraded.

Well, I'll wait for more replies to see what I should do.

Bell Cranel is way faster than her and I doubt she will be dodging any of his firebolt spam as that's stated to move at the speed of light.

He wins this with relative ease and could probably solo the Tokyo Ghoul Verse.

Back