• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Grinch leaks the Ultimate roster

Dust_Collector

They/Them
Latest GRINCH

So in the event this is turning out to be real (Which over the last few hours has began to look more likely to be true) don't read on in case you don't want the full roster spoiled for you.

So there's been a little leak recently about SSBU:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...leak-allegedly-reveals-every-character.76702/

At first most people didn't taken it too seriously, but research done over the last few hours has made the leak way more likely to be true. Thoughts on this?

Its fake..

- Blurry, despite clearly having enough time to take multiple shots, doesn't even try to take a good one.

- Guy was left his job long ago, no way he could have had access to it.

- Some of the added characters are just renders from Smashified.

tbh I just wanted to use this as an excuse to make a new SSB discussion thread since I can't load the other one properly

While I'm not really convinced this is real either, I do want to point out that quite a few people have actually tried to compare the added characters to the Smashified renders and apparently they don't match up. But who knows, not many people believed the SSB4 leaks involving Duck Hunt were real.

To be fair, Duck Hunt is Duck Hunt. But yeah, I guess its possible, though most of the big leakers disagree with it.

I'm Team Neutral on this. To say this is fake would require you to make a lot of assumptions. Then again, the background discrepancies. Eh... I don't know.

As long as I get Banjo-Kazooie in the actual game...

Geno's cool too, and Crash Bandicoot would have been neat but ah well. I don't have high hopes for either

Coming from someone who's sole request was a new Kirby rep, be it Bandana Dee, Marx, Magolor, or Dark Matter, here's my perspective...

Spoilers ahead

I'm neutral for Banjo (I've only played one Rare game in DKC1) but I'm happy for all of their fans and would be eager to play as them.

I'm freaking psyched for Geno and Isaac. Actually looking forward to heavily. Those two get my happiness.

Chorus Kids? Not excited for in the least. I'd be okay with Karate Joe, but Chorus Kids themselves seems like another Ice Climbers without the nostalgia appeal and are on the level of Minecraft Steve in worthiness to me.

Ken and Shadow I'm okay with. They're perfect for echoes, and I'm happy for their fans, but they're still 3rd party. I like 3rd party editions, don't get me wrong, but the amount of 3rd parties from one franchise shouldn't approach the amount of reps from a mainline Nintendo franchise like Kirby.

Mach Rider, I have an interesting opinion on how I feel. See, nobody knows if Mach Rider is actually a male or female due to something in the game Vs. Mach Rider, and my excitement for Mach Rider changes depending on how Sakurai handles the gender. If Mach Rider is female, I'd be happy because one, another female Smasher is good and two, and most importantly, I can already see the fan comics happening between Mach Rider, Captain Falcon, and Samus. Heck, I can already see the meme with the guy looking at the girl walking past while his girlfriend's like "WTF" with Captain, Mach Rider, and Samus in those positions respectively. If Mach Rider is a man (which is more likely if the Melee trophy is anything to go by), then meh, as all those benefits I've stated go out the window and at best, Captain Falcon and Mach Rider have a rivalry.

Marx would actually be really cool imo. He has the perfect final smash too; the black hole attack. Though Bandana Dee is the more popular Kirby rep, and probably more deserving, so I'm not expecting Marx to get in

Back