• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. Though, Mo-Ri should get accelerated development.

About the planet/star thing, given the context of the planet being shown, and Mo-Ri then proceeding to move the fight closer to the Sun, even if it said "star" I don't think that should be used.

Also, would it make sense to have something like "pseudo-reactive power level" specifically for characters like Dean, Satan, and Jin who learn quickly in combat and can mimic the martial techniques of an opponent? Since when they learn the techniques of others or improve their techniques through combat it increases their own strength.

Dean has accelerated development hands down. He managed to master a technique after seeing Dan perform it and do it better than Dan.

It also took him about a day or a week when it took Dan years to master.

Sir Ovens said:
Dean has accelerated development hands down. He managed to master a technique after seeing Dan perform it and do it better than Dan.
It also took him about a day or a week when it took Dan years to master.
Dean can also use his precognition to practice moves in the future so he can learn them in the present.

I don't know what that constitutes as... maybe mental training oh and yeah Dean has precog

I'm creating a google doc for the powers and abiities of characters. I'm listing them off from appearance in the series

Monarch, I found it.

Ok, so it's an entire conversation so I can't post screenshots, but basically Re-Taekwondo is a martial art that changes power level.

Here's the link

PowerToScale said:
I'm creating a google doc for the powers and abiities of characters. I'm listing them off from appearance in the series
Oof, I'm doing the same except that I'm just working on the profiles we have on the site first before moving onto others.

Sir Ovens said:
PowerToScale said:
Oof, I'm doing the same except that I'm just working on the profiles we have on the site first before moving onto others.
I'm justing characters we have now too

Ok, so some of the profiles has been adjusted to their current stats in my sandbox. Mi-Ra hasn't been completed yet, but Mo-Ri, Il-Pyo, Okhwang, and Taek-Jal should be done. Can I make the adjustment to our profiles yet?

I need permisson to access the doc Power.

We shouldn't have a key for Pre-Series Monkey King. We know very little about him and we don't even know how he became a child when Tae-Jin found him.

Sir Ovens said:
We shouldn't have a key for Pre-Series Monkey King. We know very little about him and we don't even know how he became a child when Tae-Jin found him.
Yeah maybe pre-series is best left alone this we get more information.

But the scaling itself is fine?

Chapter 1 and 2 are basically the same so they should both be Building level. But yeah, the attack potency should be fine. I mean, it's almost the same as mine anyway.

Sir Ovens said:
Chapter 1 and 2 are basically the same so they should both be Building level. But yeah, the attack potency should be fine. I mean, it's almost the same as mine anyway.
Yeah, I think the only difference is that you had supreme god at solar system I had him at Multi-Solar system

I've been looking through the goh to see which chapter is in which volume

I disagree with the Sage Planet thing. Mori's staff has varying lengths and have repetably been shown to expand to small or far larger lengths. It's just wrong to scale it the way it was in my view.

Also why are we trying to make the staff weigh so much when it has a in-universe stated weight?

In-universe weight is is an approximation. I think what Uriel says is an exaggeration or hyperbole.

About the staff scaling thing, I think it's fine, as Mo-Ri was angry and even asked Yeoui to expand further than it has before. If anything, it's a lowball.

Considering he's angrily expanded Yeoui to be both much larger and much smaller it's a highball. The calc makes a gigantic assumption that gets an extreme result with absolutely no in-universe backing. The staff can expand to whatever length he wants it to, which means trying to scale it with no hard landmarks is an incredibly bad idea in my view.

I think what Uriel says is an exaggeration or hyperbole.

Why? The lifting strength keys need to be changed anyways since Uriel couldn't effect Mars' decent then had her arms ripped off by a much lower weight.

That's the weird thing about Yeoui, it's kind of like Mjolnir where it seems like Mo-Ri is always worthy regardless how how big or heavy Yeoui gets. Because if we assume that the weight of the staff is constant throughout its size changes, then it should be less dense at larger sizes. But that's the thing, Yeoui's size is always proportional to it's mass, it doesn't get less dense.

Sir Ovens said:
But that's the thing, Yeoui's size is always proportional to it's mass, it doesn't get less dense.
Is that a thing? I know it'll smash stuff when it expands but it being heavier isn't a thing to my memory. It just sorta expands out magically.

In chapter 6 Mo-Ri is actively trying to lighten Yeoui while it's inside his ear.

The latest chapter, post 17 year time skip. Mo-Ri Dan has Yeoui tucked in his ear most of the time.

Oh, episode 410. But there's nothing about Yeoui's weight in that chapter. Or did I miss it?

Let me pull up the episode. Give me a moment I'll edit this message.

Episode 340 if you're reading the Webtoon version.

Yeah you're right. Guess even if we were to take her quote at face value if he can control the weight then it can be whatever.

Qawsedf234 said:
Considering he's angrily expanded Yeoui to be both much larger and much smaller it's a highball. The calc makes a gigantic assumption that gets an extreme result with absolutely no in-universe backing. The staff can expand to whatever length he wants it to, which means trying to scale it with no hard landmarks is an incredibly bad idea in my view.
I think what Uriel says is an exaggeration or hyperbole.
Why? The lifting strength keys need to be changed anyways since Uriel couldn't effect Mars' decent then had her arms ripped off by a much lower weight.

Maybe I need to read the chapter again, but from what I remember, I had the feeling that Uriel momentarily delayed the descent of Mars ...

Qawsedf234 said:
I disagree with the Sage Planet thing. Mori's staff has varying lengths and have repetably been shown to expand to small or far larger lengths. It's just wrong to scale it the way it was in my view.
One of the reasons is that the move performed by Mori goes by the description of "A strategy to attack their enemy enemies WITHOUT MERCY and TOTALLY DESTROY them to PREVENT FUTURE TROUBLES when the enemy is currently in its weakest state ever"

Clearly going off the description of the move, its no light attack. Going of the keywords (Without Mercy, Totally Destroy, Prevent Future Problems) It would be highly safe to assume Mori use Good portion of his strength. Going off the description i would say a good 80-100%.

My other reason is that Mori was angry with the death of the fake king (as seen on his face). Mori constantly has shown to go completely all out on the individuals who made him angry. Prime examples is when Mori got tricked about his grandfather and Mira almost being seriously harmed or killed by the swinning dude's team and when the heavenly realm gods invaded and Hui sacrificing himself to save everyone and him being helpless and only watching. This related back to the point above with the killer move.

another reason I forgot to mention was that it is shown that whenever the RJB was extended into space, it showed to have the same proportions (Size and shape) when comparing the base of RJB when extened to the moon and when extended on the sage planet, they Both Show to be very similar in size and shape. Even when extended to push Jupiter back into its original orbit it showed to not too much bigger than before, you can see both edges of the RJB. Going off consistant shownings of its size and shape when extended into space, we can safely assume it is in those ranges.

If no one has any objections, I'll just go ahead and adjust Jae-Kal, since he doesn't really scale much to the later stuff.

None of the reasons you gave back that he expanded Yeoui to be the same length as with the moon summon. Its just a guess based on a weapon that the owner has complete and utter control of length and mass wise. It's a calc that relies on a massive assumption that gets an extreme result. It shouldn't be used at all for justifcation.

Going all out doesn't necessarily equate to making Yeoui as large as it can possibly be.

Jin can kick just as much ass when it's a normal sized staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back