• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God of High School Discussion Thread 4: Post-Anime Apocalypse

No it did not… Here's what happened:

Mori achieved the recoiless kick and thought it's a single skill. Just like the kick of blue dragon is a single skill for example.

But when Mori fought Dean, he realized that the recoiless kick wasn't just a unique skill but that "recoiless" was a concept that can be applied to any martial art.

A concept by definition is at its core an idea. And recoiless is the idea of completely mastering a skill.

It does not mean Mori is somehow "conceptually kicking the opponent". To compare it to something in real life, it's like an artist discovering the concept of shading and applying it to all of their art. The art now being "shaded" doesn't make it some conceptual manipulation hax lol

because i think "recoiless" is not just "a concept that can be applied to any martial art"
But is also a skill that Reached "concept" level
(i know that "recoiless" this is not skill but I don't know how to explain it Without using the word "skill")

because i think In this fiction a concept or principle can still be counted as techniques or skills

evidence

In short, as Commissioner T explain what is The true power of Wolgwang Sword Style such as combining hard and soft together, Don't just focus only on power, etc

This is similar to "recoiless" in that it can be applied to any technique or skill.
And it should even be considered a concept or principle too, do to the common sense,

Commissioner T set said Yoo Mira don't use Wolgwang Sword Style "ABILITY" correctly, And the word "ABILITY" can also be a synonym for the word "SKILL" too
Based on is

which i think in this case which Commissioner T explain that,
"Yoo Mira don't use Wolgwang Sword Style 'ABILITY' correctly"

There's a chance that it could mean

"Yoo Mira don't use Wolgwang Sword Style 'SKILL' correctly" because of the synonym

"ULTIMATE" is come from DON'T SCATTER A ENERGY, don't LOSE ENERGY EVEN A DROP, CONCENTRATE ENERGY INTO ONE POINT, PERFECT USE OF ALL POWER,
A PRECISE AND STRONG PUNCH WITHOUT USING ANY IRRELEVANT MUSCLES, NOT TOO FAST... NOT TOO SLOW... APPROACH AT NATURAL SPEED

This is also similar to "recoiless" in that it can be applied to "FOUR GUARDIANS" technique.

And it should even be considered a concept or principle too, do to the common sense too.

and yet Daewi Han MASTER is saying that THE "ULTIMATE" is a "SKILL".

and yet the word "SKILL" can also be a synonym for the word "technique" too Based on is

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/another-word-for/skill.html

because of My evidence that has been said that in-universe concept or principle can still be counted as techniques or skills

My idea is
https://imgur.com/a/TigNvxB
Mori jin said that "recoilless" is neither a skill nor a technique
But it's a straightforward "concept "
And "in-universe concept or principle can still be counted as techniques or skills"

so why is "recoilless" is not a "concept level skill"

(I spend about 3-4 hours writing because English is not my native language, and if there are any language errors, especially synonyms, I apologize. I hope you recognize my effort.)

oh no I compared it with the official translation and it using different words. Is my effort in vain? ohnooooooo

because i think "recoiless" is not just "a concept that can be applied to any martial art"
(i know that "recoiless" this is not skill but I don't know how to explain it Without using the word "skill")
Let me first ask you, wtf is "concept level"? That doesn't really make much sense.
because i think In this fiction a concept or principle can still be counted as techniques or skills

evidence

In short, as Commissioner T explain what is The true power of Wolgwang Sword Style such as combining hard and soft together, Don't just focus only on power, etc

This is similar to "recoiless" in that it can be applied to any technique or skill.
And it should even be considered a concept or principle too, do to the common sense,

Commissioner T set said Yoo Mira don't use Wolgwang Sword Style "ABILITY" correctly, And the word "ABILITY" can also be a synonym for the word "SKILL" too
Based on is

"Yoo Mira don't use Wolgwang Sword Style 'SKILL' correctly" because of the synonym

Honestly this has like, 0 correlation with recoiless. Out of all the people you picked Mira who didn't canonically achieve recoiless
"ULTIMATE" is come from DON'T SCATTER A ENERGY, don't LOSE ENERGY EVEN A DROP, CONCENTRATE ENERGY INTO ONE POINT, PERFECT USE OF ALL POWER,
A PRECISE AND STRONG PUNCH WITHOUT USING ANY IRRELEVANT MUSCLES, NOT TOO FAST... NOT TOO SLOW... APPROACH AT NATURAL SPEED

This is also similar to "recoiless" in that it can be applied to "FOUR GUARDIANS" technique.

And it should even be considered a concept or principle too, do to the common sense too.

Yeah, so? Recoiless is the idea of not wasting any energy and using an attack with maximum efficiency. That's why it can be applied to something like the 4 guardians, because it's not limited to a single skill.
and yet the word "SKILL" can also be a synonym for the word "technique" too Based on is
Depends on the context.
because of My evidence that has been said that in-universe concept or principle can still be counted as techniques or skills

My idea is

And "in-universe concept or principle can still be counted as techniques or skills"

Yes recoiless is a concept. Recoiless ATTACKS aren't conceptual, recoiless itself is a concept. Because a concept is an idea.

I already explained this before and nothing you said neither contradicted my explanation nor did it help with the idea that Moris kicks are conceptual.

Mori thought a recoiless kick is a single ability. Something like the kick of imoogi. Just a unique special kick that does something cool. But he realized that it's not just a single kick. Against Dean he found out you can make ANY skill recoiless if you completely master it.
Because there's no such thing as a "concept level skill". There's no way to explain this in a more simple way than I already did.
(I spend about 3-4 hours writing because English is not my native language, and if there are any language errors, especially synonyms, I apologize. I hope you recognize my effort.)
Yeah no problem with the English ig. It's not my native language either.

Let me first ask you, wtf is "concept level"? That doesn't really make much sense.

Honestly this has like, 0 correlation with recoiless. Out of all the people you picked Mira who didn't canonically achieve recoiless

Yeah, so? Recoiless is the idea of not wasting any energy and using an attack with maximum efficiency. That's why it can be applied to something like the 4 guardians, because it's not limited to a single skill.

Depends on the context.

Yes recoiless is a concept. Recoiless ATTACKS aren't conceptual, recoiless itself is a concept. Because a concept is an idea.

I already explained this before and nothing you said neither contradicted my explanation nor did it help with the idea that Moris kicks are conceptual.

Mori thought a recoiless kick is a single ability. Something like the kick of imoogi. Just a unique special kick that does something cool. But he realized that it's not just a single kick. Against Dean he found out you can make ANY skill recoiless if you completely master it.

Because there's no such thing as a "concept level skill". There's no way to explain this in a more simple way than I already did.

I think I’m starting to understand now, because at first, I thought that "Recoiless" was about moving the body so well that it became a conceptual level.

How can I explain this? For example, an attack that doesn't lose energy might be considered a skill. But "Recoiless" isn't a skill anymore, and Mori Jin explained that it's a concept. At first, I thought he moved his body so perfectly that it went beyond the word "skill" and became a concept by perfect body movement.

Depends on the context.

To be honest, I'm still not fully convinced that Rcl isn't a conceptual movement. I feel like I have another argument that can be made. However, If I annoy you too much, I'm willing to stop asking about rcl.

This might be a little funny. But does anyone think that Satan should get nep 1 because He didn't die from having his core element torn out of him.

If I understand correctly this means that Satan, in this state, well not have Mind and Will, Body, Soul, Information, Concept

If my understanding of nep is not wrong, I think this will be enough to get nep 1.

Last edited:
No it did not… Here's what happened:

Mori achieved the recoiless kick and thought it's a single skill. Just like the kick of blue dragon is a single skill for example.

But when Mori fought Dean, he realized that the recoiless kick wasn't just a unique skill but that "recoiless" was a concept that can be applied to any martial art.

A concept by definition is at its core an idea. And recoiless is the idea of completely mastering a skill.

It does not mean Mori is somehow "conceptually kicking the opponent". To compare it to something in real life, it's like an artist discovering the concept of shading and applying it to all of their art. The art now being "shaded" doesn't make it some conceptual manipulation hax lol

One thing, a "concept" isn't defined as an idea solely, you can define it as such, but that's not the only definition that can be applied to the word "concept" based on the semantical meaning conveyed. But in this context, it was most probably used as "an idea" so yeah, even then if it wasn't, it doesn't change much, that's all, have a nice day mr.mouselookingsatanpfp (I love you :love::love:)

evidence

Based on is

and yet Daewi Han MASTER is saying that THE "ULTIMATE" is a "SKILL".

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/another-word-for/skill.html

My idea is

Common sense isn't always good and justifiable during a definition, because it's, well, "common". Sometimes it can very much be distorted by biases due to it being common, and used in a colloquial way, I don't think we should apply non-rigorous concepts like that just to justify it being a concept. Furthermore, a principle and a concept are interchangeable as you use colloquially, but not formally. (I feel like a philosophy professor).

(U used a lot of dictionaries which showed unclear and common definitions which can be used in many different ways, so it's not enough justification, a "SKILL" can be synonymous with "Technique" but not in all cases)

This might be a little funny. But does anyone think that Satan should get nep 1 because He didn't die from having his core element torn out of him.

If I understand correctly this means that Satan, in this state, well not have Mind and Will, Body, Soul, Information, Concept

If my understanding of nep is not wrong, I think this will be enough to get nep 1.

I'm sorry but I forgot what NEP is.

That's fair.
Common sense isn't always good and justifiable during a definition, because it's, well, "common". Sometimes it can very much be distorted by biases due to it being common, and used in a colloquial way, I don't think we should apply non-rigorous concepts like that just to justify it being a concept. Furthermore, a principle and a concept are interchangeable as you use colloquially, but not formally. (I feel like a philosophy professor).

(U used a lot of dictionaries which showed unclear and common definitions which can be used in many different ways, so it's not enough justification, a "SKILL" can be synonymous with "Technique" but not in all cases)

I think the problem is that I interpret the meaning of the "concept" in RCL differently from others.

And I think I might have a way to explain why I interpret it that way, but I don't have enough brain power to do it right now.

Therefore, if I haven't talked about this for a long time and suddenly bring it up again, don't be surprised.

Wow, ChatGPT can help translate so much!

Non existent physiology?

I just read this and I thought it might apply to Satan as wel
Non existent physiology?
Yes

I just read this and I thought it might apply to Satan as wel

Yes
I'm gonna be completely honest, I agree, he should get at least NEP 1

Nah, it will fall into type 3 if it's accepted. But I can see it happening. A lot of verses have hax that don't have direct statements but have feats. (I am looking at you, Wang.)

Goodnight 😁
I think it doesn't match the description of NEP 3 and should be NEP 1 instead.

1, Satan do not "still exist, but paradoxically behave as if they don't when attacked."

2. Satan are not "immune to regular mind manipulation."

3. by principle, Satan do not exist in the "conventional sense" because the core element, which contains "Mind and Will, Body, Soul, Information, Concept," has been removed.

What I want to say is that there is nothing indicating that Satan are "paradoxically nonexistent."

Therefore, I think it doesn't fit with NEP 3.

I think it doesn't match the description of NEP 3 and should be NEP 1 instead.

1, Satan do not "still exist, but paradoxically behave as if they don't when attacked."

2. Satan are not "immune to regular mind manipulation."

3. by principle, Satan do not exist in the "conventional sense" because the core element, which contains "Mind and Will, Body, Soul, Information, Concept," has been removed.

What I want to say is that there is nothing indicating that Satan are "paradoxically nonexistent."

Therefore, I think it doesn't fit with NEP 3.
I am pretty sure it would just be limited then, like Yui and Abigail. Or it will just fall into resistance, since Satan doesn't usually exist Non-existently. Just like true dragons who don't need their core to exist, and are given type 1 concept resistance.

Satan will have type 3 concept and type 2 info hax.

I am pretty sure it would just be limited then, like Yui and Abigail. Or it will just fall into resistance, since Satan doesn't usually exist Non-existently. Just like true dragons who don't need their core to exist, and are given type 1 concept resistance.

Satan will have type 3 concept and type 2 info hax.
"Limited nep1" ? Is this what you're trying to say Right?

Interesting.

I know this won't happen any time soon, but just as an example, if Satan were to have nep1, what reasoning would you use to say that Satan nep1 is "limited"

"Limited nep1" ? Is this what you're trying to say Right?

Interesting.

I know it might not relate to you anytime soon, but just as an example, if Satan were to have nep1, what reasoning would you use to say that Satan nep1 is "limited"
What reasoning would you provide to say he is Nonexistent, anyway? At most, we can give him limited NEP or just resistance.

And to answer your question, my logic is pretty simple. Satan doesn't exist Non-existently normally, so he won't have a solid NEP.

Either way, Satan does not get solid NEP.

Having a concept and then having the concept ripped out of you but continuing to still live and exist isn't Nonexistent Physiology. The concept isn't nonexistent, it just isn't there because it was taken. It's like how characters who don't have souls because of the mechanics of their series don't get Nonexistent Physiology on their souls. Nonexistent Physiology isn't about not having something, it's about how the thing you have is composed of some sort of nothingness or void; it's there but it doesn't conventionally exist.

Having a concept and then having the concept ripped out of you but continuing to still live and exist isn't Nonexistent Physiology. The Concept isn't nonexistent, it just isn't there because it was taken. It's like how characters who don't have souls because of the mechanics of their series don't get Nonexistent Physiology on their souls. Nonexistent Physiology isn't about not having something, it's about how the thing you have is composed of some sort of nothingness or void.
Exactly! You get the point.

Like I said, it should be similar to how series that don't have souls are treated.

Back