• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God of High School Discussion Thread 4: Post-Anime Apocalypse

And I’ve read my fair share of Webtoon series.

Bastard
Unordinary
Noblesse
Weak Hero
Dark Mortal

God of Highschool still the best.

In the fast past Mubong states Mori's attack wasn't meant for him but it was meant to purify the universe

Actually, something else about GoH that puts it over other webtoons, it’s art.

God of Highschool is the best drawn webtoon out there right? At least on the webtoon app that is. It can be janky at times sure and does have its awkwardness, but especially towards the end the author really flexes his artistic capabilities.

Like most other webtoons I see tend to be more stiff and awkward compared to the god of highschool. But here the fights are more fluid and choreographed better so I really think the art that Yongjie Park brings to the series really elevates it above most other webtoons too.

I should really stop putting the series off lol. It's just that 500 chapter run is very intimidating, and i've heard it drags towards the end.

I should really stop putting the series off lol. It's just that 500 chapter run is very intimidating, and i've heard it drags towards the end.
Depends, it does slow down a bit but for the better in my opinion, despite all comments about early season 6, everything about the season leads up to the end. Although season 6 is longer than the previous 5 put together, so yeah.

Actually, something else about GoH that puts it over other webtoons, it’s art.

God of Highschool is the best drawn webtoon out there right? At least on the webtoon app that is. It can be janky at times sure and does have its awkwardness, but especially towards the end the author really flexes his artistic capabilities.

Like most other webtoons I see tend to be more stiff and awkward compared to the god of highschool. But here the fights are more fluid and choreographed better so I really think the art that Yongjie Park brings to the series really elevates it above most other webtoons too.
It definitely doesn't have the best art to be completely honest.

It’s really good. There’s definitely some critiques I have but it’s genuinely a very well written story from start to finish. The pacing can be a bit weird in the beginning and it can feel like it drags on towards the chapter 6 mark, but always when taking a step back it’s a very well laid out story and meticulously done so that everything lines up perfectly at the end.

It’s the type of series that always gets better the further you go along with it.

It definitely doesn't have the best art to be completely honest.
It’s probably because I haven’t read the most webtoons out there, but I genuinely do hold the opinion that the god of highschool does have some top tier art

I know the art can be like weird at times or loosely drawn but I actually think this type of drawing is beneficial to the series. It’s sort of mob psycho esq in a way. That the author is much more fluid with his drawings and style and not too strict on sticking on one style.

I especially think this works for his fights where the author will just try new rules of styles or loose drawings helps elevate the fight. Like in the case with Daewi and Ryong where I think this more loose style gave the fights a better range of motion. Or like the whole black and white style the Mira vs Priest fight went in only to end in a full color shot I thought was a great choice too.

or He’ll just put out great pictures of art like when Mori kicked out the sun or the more recent planet feat which are just good pieces of art in general.

One of the best manhwas series art wise has to be A wonderful New World.... If you know, you know. You can find the artist and her work on Youtube

I also hate to say it but Landlord's daughter has decent art

Some form of acausality. I don’t know which type, maybe 4, but like just not being able to be seen into the future and knowing when someone’s trying to like with the case of Mujin.
I don't quite understand what you want to talk about here.

Yall want good webtoon art? Read The Boxer. 🗿
Look, The Boxer is great, but art definitely isn't its strong point, at least in my opinion. Yes, it has good choreography, creative panels, and decent designs, but the art style really holds it back. The colors are bland, and a lot of the time there's just not much detail in the panels. It makes it feel almost simplistic in terms of art.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Look, The Boxer is great, but art definitely isn't its strong point, at least in my opinion. Yes, it has good choreography, creative panels, and decent designs, but the art style really holds it back. The colors are bland, and a lot of the time there's just not much detail in the panels. It makes it feel almost simplistic in terms of art.

You should the horizon, It's a short 20-40 chapter series by the same guy and has good art in the moments it counts.

L + Ratio + Copium + No bitches + Jungle Juice more like Jungle this dick in you're mouth

L + Ratio + Copium + No bitches + Jungle Juice more like Jungle this dick in you're mouth
Extremely blue pilled, beta-inscribed, and submissive reaction. There is small dick energy emanating from your post.

Never said the art was bad, it has good points, and is especially great at conveying serious, brutal combat... but it can't be in the conversation for the best webtoon art by quite a few miles.

Extremely blue pilled, beta-inscribed, and submissive reaction. There is small dick energy emanating from your post.

Never said the art was bad, it has good points, and is especially great at conveying serious, brutal combat... but it can't be in the conversation for the best webtoon art by quite a few miles.
I know you're not saying the art is bad Lil G, I'm playing wit u

I know you're not saying the art is bad Lil G, I'm playing wit u
The first part of my post was a joke in response to yours, but the second part is in-case you were genuinely insulted lol.

Btw guys do you have any good pictures of Mira Yoo's Post-Timeskip design? I was going to use an image of her for inspiration on an OC's design.

It looks more like resistance to precognition like Mimihagi from bleach, and I think it's already listed on his profile.

It looks more like resistance to precognition like Mimihagi from bleach, and I think it's already listed on his profile.
Yeah I thought that was just acausality which is why I said as much. In fact I’m pretty sure that’s what it says on Mimihagi’s profile as well.

I forgot to ask what was the thing awaited the most in the anime? I was waiting for Jin Taejin Beating the crap out of the soldiers that Mujin sent. And the anime did the Renewal Taekwondo bad af. Like it wasn't even important.

One of the best manhwas series art wise has to be A wonderful New World.... If you know, you know. You can find the artist and her work on Youtube

I also hate to say it but Landlord's daughter has decent art
Peak art
And beautiful characters
The art really improved tho compared from the beginning

Back