• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The GoB Paradox

So I don't expect anybody to know, however is there anything anywhere that may suggest/lean towards whether or not Gilgamesh has the prototype of EVERY NP. Namely something like Avalon.

I don't expect him to have FEAT based NP's as IIRC he himself stated it's the only asset he lacks but, it has been arranged so that Gilgamesh possesses the prototypes of the Noble Phantasms that all heroes carry..... the treasure of foundation from before each and every myth was arranged. This is a paradox, but because without Gilgamesh - as the original - holding them, the Noble Phantams will not be handed down to the hands of the heroes of thereafter - as the expansions. Yet his treasury doesn't contain things not created by man. So does anyone know what side this leans towards or are we going to have to wait for Nasu to tell us something we don't know?

this is the qoute in wikia.

He says God Hand, a Noble Phantasm formed from Heracles' life and legends, is the one type of asset he lacks. He says he wishes to obtain Kavacha and Kundala, and he is surprised by Avalon's existence. It is also possible, such as with Vasavi Shakti, that he cannot tell if something corresponds to the treasures in his vault. Karna's legend records that he "has" the spear, but there is no description of it "being used." It does not exist in his eyes due to never having been described, so he wishes to obtain it.

Gil does not have every Noble Phantasm. That's not quite how it works. GoB has any creation ever made by humanity. That's how GoB works. It is the receptacle of all humanity's treasures. That includes any human made artifact based Noble Phantasm. Obviously things such as God Hand and Knight of Owner are not included.

However, "made by humanity" does not include divine constructs, such as Avalon, Excalibur, Arondight, etc. Ea and Enkidu are separate Noble Phantasms from GoB, even if he tends to combine Enkidu with GoB.

So Gil has (the prototype of) every non-divine, non-feat based Noble Phantasm, in addition to the prototype (and thus by nasuverse rules, the superior) of every other creation made by humanity. Even if he shouldn't have it based on the timeline.

In Nasuverse, Vasavi Shakti was not used in the legend, therefore Gilgamesh cannot recognize it as a part of his treasury.

"That spear he has cannot be used by anyone, an article of rare beauty none have ever laid eyes upon. Which means that, though he 'has' it, there is no description of it 'being used'. Consequently, in my eyes that spear does not exist. As it is something that has never been described, I don't know whether it corresponds to any of my treasures."

Gil, you big dummy, use Sha Nagba Imuru.

@Monarch

I understand that, however IIRC in Fate/Extra CCC he explained two major concepts of GoB.

One being the Collector Skill, as you mentioned.

The other being the first hero, other heroes can't possibly have their NP's unless it passed down from him. I'm not saying he has Exalibur/Avalon duplicates in his vault however, there surely must be something man made in his vault that could be considered "the prototypes"

Of course Gil himself wouldn't not know cuz stubborness.

I don't mean literal prototypes as Divine constructs are kind of their own prototype. I mean NP's in his vault that could be dubbed "prototypes" I suppose Merodach sort of fulfills that as the sword that shoots light. I just find it hard to believe he doesn't have anything Avalon-esque. Not nearly as potent of course but.. esque

Weaker, stronger, it doesn't make any sense.

Merodach is implied to be stronger than Gram and Caliburn because it's their original model. Gram is considered to be equal to Excalibur. Merodach is said to be slightly weaker than Excalibur. All that scaling is broken.

Gil is surprised by everything when plot demands it until he pulls something ******** and says "of course I have something like this". He probably has prototypes of divine constructs because it wasn't directly stated that he doesn't have Vasavi Shakti, only that he cannot recognize anything in his vault because it wasn't used in the legend.

Anyway to answer OP's question the GoB paradox will only give him thing that originated from mankind since the GoB paradox comes from the fact that GoB stores everything that humans have ever made, or will ever make. It's a collection of "human wisdom" meaning if it doesn't come from humanity he doesn't have it, this is shown when he is surprised by Avalon's existence and doesn't have Vasavi Shakti, Excalibur or Akhilleus Kosmos because divine constructs are not made by humans but by gods/aliens.

However he might have their prototypes which the weapons were based on thanks to the paradox. A prototype doesn't have to share the exact everything the actual thing has or must be from the same source, it can be just something that share certain properties. Such as a random sword that kills dragons can be the prototype of Balmung. A no name sword that fires a anti-fortress beam can also be considered the prototype model of Excalibur. The same can be said about Avalon a random thing that creates a barrier could be considered the prototype of Avalon but since Divine Constructs>everything it would be shit compared to the divine construct.

He also doesn't have something that was never used or never recycled which is why he doesn't have kavacha and kundala or Dromeus Kometes since it was never passed on or ever recycled in a new myth. In the UBW anime he even states that feat based noble phantasms doesn't exist in his vault which include things like Dromeus Kometes and God Hand.

Back