• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Flash (CW) ability addition

On the topic of season 4 Flash, his page mentions that he is 5 times faster than before because of a statement made by Caitlin.

The problem here is that the statement in question wasn't about his actual speed being 5 times higher, but rather his brain functions being at 5 times its normal capacity. So this needs to be cleared up.

@Spinosaurus Post-amp Barry is town level so Oliver fighting him is pure PIS. Scaling Oliver to pre-amp Barry for fighting post-amp barry is like scaling Bulma to Kid Goku for punching Adult Goku in Super.

His mental capacity also confers to speed, he needs to react exactly like he can to his normal speed after all. It generally makes sense for him to be that much faster, he managed to rival Savitar at the end of the series, who got back the stone, if not surpass him, and blitz Wally, who could see Savitar move.

I do agree about it being PIS, however, i haven't really seen Arrow, you should compile some feats, pretty sure most are Wall Level.

Welp, there's no way of knowing. Oliver fighting characters like Post Amp barry is PIS, well to the wiki, the show more puts barry at wall level - building level.

Rewatching the scene, I think that arrow Oliver shot weakened Barry. He seems slower than he was when he was blitzing Green Arrow when he got defeated.

I don't really watch arrow, so i don't know if he's above or below miraku users.

Fhfhghghg said:
His mental capacity also confers to speed, he needs to react exactly like he can to his normal speed after all. It generally makes sense for him to be that much faster, he managed to rival Savitar at the end of the series, who got back the stone, if not surpass him, and blitz Wally, who could see Savitar move.
I do agree about it being PIS, however, i haven't really seen Arrow, you should compile some feats, pretty sure most are Wall Level.
The statement was not in the context of Barry's reactions or perception, it was in the context of his vital conditions.

I am not saying this statement should be ignored completely, I just don't think his profile should be saying that he is '5 times faster than before' because it gives the impression that his combat, travel, or reaction speed was measured as being 5 times faster.

"but rather his brain functions being at 5 times its normal capacity" - This is what you said above, then you say there that it's in the context of vital conditions. That seems contradictory, unless i didn't understand.

So this is the statement from the series - "His Neural Transmitters are functioning at 5x the normal speed".

Vitality statement -
The Flash Season 4 Episode 1 - The Flash Reborn TOP 10 WTF and Comics Easter Eggs - YouTube.

So they are talking about information processing, rather than vitality.

Fhfhghghg said:
"but rather his brain functions being at 5 times its normal capacity" - This is what you said above.
Actual statement - "His Neural Transmitters are functioning at 5x the normal speed".

Vitals statement -
The Flash Season 4 Episode 1 - The Flash Reborn TOP 10 WTF and Comics Easter Eggs - YouTube.
Yeah, I usually try to rewatch a scene for clarity before talking about it here, unfortunately I couldn't find it this time and I guess I messed up because of that. Sorry.

Since Fhfhghghg got to bring up an issue that went nowhere in his own thread, I think I it's only fair that I do too.

Black Flash very likely has Existence Erasure Because of this scene and to a lesser extent because he was revealed to be chasing Eobard right after The Legends theorized that Eobard was constantly running so that Non Existance doesn't catch up to him.

I believe normal Time Wraiths have that as well, so it actually be true.

However, Reverse Flash showed up in Season 4, i'll look into the reasoning.

Normal Time Wraiths have only shown decay inducement so far.

The main reason I believe Black Flash has Existence Erasure is because the way he kills Eobard is nearly identical to the way he is erased from existence in the season 1 Finale.

Ok.

The Earth X episodes won't work for me, so i can't find how he came back, though i do agree he was erased from existence, knowing how he came back is important.

So what's the conclusions here? For Barry:

Attack Potency: Room level (Damaged a metahuman made of steel and stopped a tornado) | Town level (Moved Wells at massively hypersonic speeds) | At least Town level (Stronger than before. Can fight Zoom by the end of the season) | Likely Large Town level (Stronger than before. Can fight Savitar by the end of the season) | At least Large Town level (Even more stronger than before. Broke the metahuman cell even when being weakened)

Speed: Supersonic | Massively Hypersonic+ (Dodged lightning) | At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Faster than before. Can keep up with Zoom by the end of the season) | Likely Sub-Relativistic (Faster than before. Can keep up with Savitar by the end of the season) | At least Sub-Relativistic (5 times faster than before. Was able to break the metahuman cell via sheer speed despite it dampening his powers, which could hold the Rival in it. Too fast for Kid Flash to react, despite the latter had enough preparation time. Is possibly the fastest speedster alive)

And for Green Arrow, his AP and speed doesn't change, though we have to modify the explanations.

@Andy

Oh.

@Spino

Seems fine, Tachyon enhanced Barry might be worth a mention, i'll give the details later. Use the bullet dodging feats to Update Green Arrow.

Do we even need a tab for Beginning of season Barry? I don't think there is anyone important who would scale from him.

If we divide season 1 Barry into Pre and Post Power Outage then won't we also need to divide season 2 Barry into Pre and Post Runaway Dinosaur?

Big 1461413893 image
Tachyon enhanced Barry

@Spino

I shall add my own touch. It should be noted that he gets an amp in the last episode of season 1 as well.

Powers and Abilities: Rage Power, Statistics Amplification (Can share the speed force with others, giving them temporary superhuman speed and increased Regenerationn), Cloning and/or Summoning (Can create Time Remnants and/or Summon Time Remnants{Pretty sure he takes them from a future that no longer exists, this video does check out from Zoom's, Wells' and Barry's explainatio s})

Attack Potency: Room level (Damaged a metahuman made of steel and stopped a tornado) | Town level (Moved Wells at massively hypersonic speeds. Managed to fight the Reverse Flash, though he was defeated) | At least Town level (Stronger than before, after increasing his powers further, he managed to defeat Trajectory, who could easily defeat him before. After naturally increasing his powers, Barry could fight Zoom by the end of the season, even managing to make him heavily bleed. Should be vastly superior to fodder villains, who can take down buildings) | Likely Large Town level (Stronger than before. Can fight Savitar by the end of the season) | At least Large Town level (Even more stronger than before. Broke the metahuman cell even when being weakened)

Speed: Supersonic | Massively Hypersonic+ (Dodged lightning. Nearly kept up with the Reverse Flash) | At least Massively Hypersonic+(Faster than before. Increased his powers further, allowing him to outspeed Trajectory. Managed to surpass Zoom after increasing his powers 4x. After naturally increasing his speed, he could nearly keep up with Zoom, who had absorbed Barry's speed, later surpassing him) | Likely Sub-Relativistic(Faster than before. Can keep up with Savitar by the end of the season) | At least Sub-Relativistic (5 times faster than before. Was able to break the metahuman cell via sheer speed despite it dampening his powers, which could hold the Rival in it. Too fast for Kid Flash to react, despite the latter had enough preparation time. Is possibly the fastest speedster alive)

Weaknesses: Lighter Gravity disables his increased speed.

Andytrenom said:
If we divide season 1 Barry into Pre and Post Power Outage then won't we also need to divide season 2 Barry into Pre and Post Runaway Dinosaur?
Their speeds are still within MHS+ and APs are town level, Barry's pre amp and amp are vastly different, so no.

I don't know where to go with this so i'm just going to ask here. Should the Speed Force have a profile, if discussion is necessary can you tell me on what board I should create the thread since I don't want to derail this one any further.

@Spinosaurus

thank you.

@Andytrenom Well, not really, we don't exactly have all that much explaination on it, nor its cosmology, aside from it being a universe, in the comics we knew that it embodied motion, in the CW series they said they have been there since before the big bang and will be there once the universe ends, so it seems it isn't like that in the CW series.

Back