• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Eternal Champion vs The Soul of Cinder

Dark souls hasn't had matches in for a while and Eternal Champion is doing ok in 8-B (murdered Rwby instantly). I think this'll be good. Speed equalized and high 4-C versions.

• Need to start doing this more often, Backstory: After saving Tamerial from the clutches of Jagar Tharn the Eternal Champion used the battleshpire to travel to the realms of Oblivion to protect Nirn from future threats and save new and distance lands. He ended up in a dying world hearing from the fire keeper that someone called the Ashen One was destroyed by the Soul of Cinder. The Eternal Champion now enters through the fog wall to defeat this ancient entity and save this new land from darkness.
  • I'm better than 99% of the Empire: 3
  • I'm literally two empires: 0
  • Shrug: 0
5390F6BE-033A-43DB-B73A-2E0E0FD0020A
681FD5EB-BCC5-423A-A2E1-B2D05A4FC2F2

Soul Of Cinder is stronger than Eternal Champion. But Eternal Champion is haxxier, he can nullificate magic attacks and reduce the stats of his enemy to have a better chance to defeat him.

The Soul of Cinder wouldn't even be able to recognize that the ET is there in the first place if they activate Sanctuary.

That said they'd be able to react the moment the ET attacks or casts a spell, but still.

There is still illusion spell to think about, not sure he can resist mind control. Not to mention the EC has Legendary Artifacts that can easily reduce Soul of Cinder into nothing like Staff of Magnus or Auriel's Bow

It was decided that the soul of cinder resisted the moon presence's mind hax because he "doesn't have a mind to affect" so I don't think illusion spells would work

No, that wasn't decided at all. It has too many minds to affect all at once. Singular minds could be still affected, but it wouldn't change much.

Paul Frank said:
It was decided that the soul of cinder resisted the moon presence's mind hax because he "doesn't have a mind to affect" so I don't think illusion spells would work
>moon presence

>dark souls character

What the hell

Anyways since I like threads to be organized and I like to be in them even if I make them.

• SoC advantages
  • Probably resist mindhax due to its nature
  • way more skilled and intelligent
  • Stronger
  • Can heal as long as it avoids powernull
  • Heals mid fight anyways
  • better range (in melee) and lifting strength
  • Disanvantages
  • Doesn't resist paralysis
  • Less versatility
  • Magic is worthless due to resistance and reflection
  • reflected spells can kill them
  • Healing can be nulled
  • Eternal Champio
  • Forcefields and can heal himself
  • Paralysis
  • Spells don't get instantly shut down
  • Many Curses still work
  • Disadvantages
  • Less intelligent and skilled
  • Weaker
  • less melee range
  • Mindhax doesn't work

Keeweed said:
Anyways since I like threads to be organized and I like to be in them even if I make them.
  • SoC advantages
  • way more skilled and intelligent
I wouldn't say "way more". Being more skilled than 99% of the people on the entirety of Tamriel is a pretty hefty feat.

I won't deny that the Eternal Champion is really skilled but SoC is like five people at least who are thousands of years old and have fought in multiple wars plus two countries worth of soldiers that have also fought in wars.

TES magic is defined reality warping, so when one character actually resist the magic means he or she resists effects of such magic like fire or frost get worn out. Magical effects of obscure nature like curse (inhibit one's magical connection) or even absorb "intelligence" or "courage" of entire army is hard to say. One thing is for certain that Fortify Attributes was a thing in Arena, and we know in Morrowind that it did ridiculous stuffs.

Oh, by the way.

How is the Soul of Cinder going to work around invisibility/silenced movements granted by the Ring of Khajiit?

Dargoo Faust said:
Oh, by the way.
How is the Soul of Cinder going to work around invisibility/silenced movements granted by the Ring of Khajiit?
Speed is equalized, so it is irrelevant. However, Dark Souls has Hidden Body with partial invisibility while standing still. It is apparently quite effective against aggro monsters, while quite weak against archery enemies. A full invisbility like in TES would literally consider HACKING in Dark Souls PvP, so I don't think Soul of Cinder can counter that.

In lore, Ring of Khajiit is so powerful to allow Rahjin (a mortal turned to god, hope there is a page here for him) escaping from the hands of Mephala in her own realm. It is like the One Ring but can allow one escape a multiversal god - SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW IT. So yeah, artifact stomps.

I mean, that's both true and false, it would work because The Soul of Cinder wouldn't be able to counter it, but the reason you gave is game mechanics.

We don't scale the artifacts you found in Arena to their counterparts in later games and the lore as they're all retconned very hard. That said they still don't really have a way to deal with invisibility past AoE attacks, which wouldn't really work due to magic null.

How far into High 4-C is the Soul of Cinder?

This is either desisive for the ET or a stomp depending on whether it's at baseline or not.

Last time I checked he's not baseline, also I don't think it's desisive. The SoC wrecks in a melee fight, and he has the soul of an everlasting dragon that survived being impladed through the heart just fine, the chosen undead can also have his troat slit, and even regular fodder survive being impaled all the time. Dark Souls has both invisibility and foot step silencing spells yet neither work on the SoC. I definitely can see why the EC can win, just not causally.

SoC is an amalgamation of every Lord of Cinder to ever exist, each being powerful enough to fuel the Sun for an extended period of time, the amount of lords is unknown, but it is likely dozens to hundreds at least. Probably pretty high above baseline.

Back