• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls: Metaphysical Studies and Discussions - Lesson One

Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't multiple Amaranths though. At this level of existence, Duality and Multiplicity are concepts that cease to be as All becomes Oneness. It is most likely that the Old Amaranth becomes the New, being "replaced" by it

And Tosh-Raka isn't an Amaranth. He is only said to be Jubal and Vivec's "Son" on a Joke Text that MK considers a mistake and regrets writing

Why do people think you "become" an Amaranth, like it is a Super Saiyan transformation you can obtain?

Time doesn't exist even for lower-level deities in the TES Universe. People like Vivec at his weakest is completely beyond and outside it. And Michael Kirkbride has even referred to the phrase "God of Time" as paradoxical and self-defeating, as gods are outside time.

Just because from a limited perspective you can refer to CHIM and AMARANTH as states you can obtain, doesn't mean that's what's actually going on.

They seem to "exist" on a level beyond all change, similar to CM gods.

My personal interpretation on the scaling that really matters for TES III,

Gedna Relvel via CHIM>>>The Untouchable Gaenor>King Freaking Helseth>Hircine>Almalexia>=Pack of Werewolves>>Salas Valor>Divayth Fyr>Imperfect>Vivec>Karstaag>High Ordinator>Umbra>Dagoth Ur>Ash Vampire>Ordinator>Imperial or House Guard>Merchant with Hammer>>Cliff Racer>Scrib>Rat>Ring of Engraved Healing>Bonemeal>Dirt>Fargoth

The Mysterious Stranger - Delta- said:
My personal interpretation on the scaling that really matters for TES III,
Gedna Relvel via CHIM>>>The Untouchable Gaenor>King Freaking Helseth>Hircine>Almalexia>=Pack of Werewolves>>Salas Valor>Divayth Fry>Imperfect>Vivec>Karstaag>High Ordinator>Umbra>Dagoth Ur>Ash Vampire>Ordinator>Imperial or House Guard>Merchant with Hammer>>Cliff Racer>Scrib>Rat>Ring of Engraved Healing>Bonemeal>Dirt>Fargoth
>Divayth Fry

NOTSUREIF1

"You know I can see time in all directions? I see you as you are now, as you were before you were born, and as you'll be after you're dead all at once! You're an adorable baby, mate. Less charming as a corpse."

"Really gets you thinking, eh? About mortality. The long, slow march of time... the grim inevitability of death, decay, and obscurity. Phew! Glad I don't have to worry about that!"

"You know the worst thing about near-omniscience? Every time someone laughingly says, "have you heard this one?" you have to say yes. Or in my case, you have to glow and scream until they run away."

"I see many, many stairs in our future. Well, your future. No legs, remember? But don't worry—I'll be right behind you... doing very little."

"Stairs are a bit silly, eh? Why not just flip the gravity and fall up?"

"Yech. Vampires. Pays to not have a neck sometimes, eh? Blood too, I guess. 'Course if you see any antipodal math-grabbers you'll let me know, right? They'd just love to get a bite of me!"

"Your belly's rumbling. Hungry? That's one I'll never understand, mate. The drive to push plants and animals into your face-hole, grind them into paste, then store them in flesh-sack. Yech!"

"You're doing that thing where water squirts out of your skin, aren't you? Sweating, eh? Ugh. And you people think I'm weird!"

"I've got to admit, I'm a little thrown off by the aesthetic, mate. No un-paintings, less than a thousand angles, hardly any transliminal spheroids…. I don't know. I'd give it a soft "adequate."

"You know, where I'm from, warriors wield swords made of pure math. Kind of puts those crude metal weapons into perspective, eh?"

"Well, that is a prodigious statue. We don't build statues anymore where I come from. They always ended up coming to life, sneezing death-algorithms all over the place …. Trust me, it was a mess."

"Watch your step around here, mate. This arena is what we in the dimension―hopping community call a "really bad idea door."

"There's a breach here, mate. I'm seeing a bridge… or maybe a flat sideways tower people can walk on? I guess they're kind of the same thing. Only having three dimensions does make things simpler."

"Sorry. I just got distracted by all the behemoth mind-snails. It's too bad you can't see them. They're really cute. Sort of."

"You know, every stone tells a story. I mean that literally, by the way. That wall over there won't shut up about how much it hates rain."

"Fun fact—all decidous trees love accordion music. Just more proof that all trees are idiots."

"Be glad you silly face-holes can't smell colors. Ugh! That orange! It smells like... old figs fell out of an ogre's bottom."

"Do you smell something? Something smells… yellow."

This guy is a gold mine.

I ******* loved that guy. Every word out of his (mind? mandible? eyesocket? where does he talk from anyway?) was a genuine goddamn joy to listen to, and I can't help but want more of him.

>~>

"Belief-engines, properly called the "Auxiliary Semi-Shockpoint Nilgularity", provide energy for short dream-sleeve jumps in case a Vehkship's main ego is damaged, allowing the C0DA Paravant to potentially get to the safety of a voidyard orbital.
"By creating the equivalent of an Nu-class Mnemolic, shrinking it instantaneously via a creatia tesseract array, and then projecting the resulting moth-talk well to a nil-point just outside the ego's hull, an ASSN can slingshot the Paravant into era-streams without the needed energies of nearby aetheric bodies or shockpoint application.

"The ASSN is strictly Last Ditch technology, however. It's often deemed as too dangerous for its own good, because it works on the rarified principles of Phynaster's Inversion, a set of mathematics that doesn't exist in our own dimension. Vehkships have vanished in nil-space trying to make an ASSN jump—indeed, the celestial irregularity known as the M4bV Legerity, in which the C0DA Oblivion Vanquisher appears and implodes in perpetuity, is the belief system's most famous cautionary tale."
So... Vehkships can make Travels to other Universes and throughout Time by using the Dreamsleeve as a medium with the use of Higher-Dimensional Mathematics

This Thread is pure Gold

DMUA said:
..... I don't follow but I also don't want to follow
The deeper cosmology, philosophy and metaphysics of The Elder Scrolls are heavily - And I mean heavily - inspired by the works of Aleister Crowley and Thelema as a whole.

Michael Kirkbride allegedly wrote the 36 Lessons of Vivec by locking himself in his apartment for a week, wherein he drank loads of coffee and beer, and smoked, and read the Liber Legis multiple times in a single sitting.

Meh, I've seen many incomplete articles on that site in my experience. UESP strictly uses information found in-game, and quite frankly has a better interface.

It would be a great place to start, and potentially remain at.

I never said it wasn't. The UESP is simply more complete, has a better interface, has more citations, and strictly sticks to in-game sources. The UESP is a great way to start indulging one's self into TES lore.

I've seen a lot of reports regarding fanon on the ESW, and there are an incredible amount of incomplete pages. The ESW is generally good for Skyrim, but thats about it. The pages for Arena and Daggerfall are hilariously incomplete, and I'm not even sure if there are pages for the spin-off games.

And now I shall await the thread to cleanse the profiles of filth and inaccuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back