• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Divine Comedy, featuring Dante from Devil May Cry

No, Dante is above 216 kilotons. I still have to figure out to which extent, because of storm revisions.

Also, why they don't have a + then? I know we accept it only with calcs, but multipliers are acceptable as well.

I mean, you can argue that he has more of an advantage, but doubt it's more than X4 unless asolid calc is there for that.

Your right, I simply forgot them. Sorry.

Oh, then it's either a 3.7 difference or a 5.5

Tough, it's debatable, as the feat it scales to be above is highly lowballed.

Transmutation is mode through powderiyed metal thrown at enemies.

Soul Manipulation needs him to pretty much grow metal in an enemy.

His regen likely relies on Mana too, so he can't spam it endlessly.

Well, Dante can use Quicksilver to blitz Berith and go for Cerberus to incapacitate him. Dunno how likely that is though.

Count me for Inconclusive, I guess. I may think about this more.

It spawns chunks of ice with its attacks. Considering Berith's AP disadvantage, I think he won't be able to break out.

I mean, he created a new body out of a tie clip, so he should be able to.

How long can Dante fight stamina wise?

From my memory, several hours should be solid. Dante shouldn't exert himself here as much as he did in a fight with Vergil, where he had to rely on his healing factor alongside attacking and dodging.

That's true. But the issue is that Dante is an action game character, so it's hard to figure out what part of his arsenal he is going to use in one case or another. Not saying he's too dumb to understand what he needs to use though.

If they don't use their powers in a serious fight in a cut-scene, you would say that.

Those are canonical showings of what they do.

Pretty sure we assume that characters do use their powers throughout the fight, unless the clues hint towards otherwise, like the character being casual, etc.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
In-fact, weren't bayonetta matches removed because it was OOC for her to do something?
^This.

Hell, there was a glynda match with a game character where Weekly asked for actual cutscenes to prove what is in character, and he's a mod.

We do, in-fact, take canon cutscenes as what they would do in that situation.

Bayonetta matches were removed because she doesn't snipe from Purgatorio in-character, yes. But that's different from the topic at hand.

Do you have any logical reason why we wouldn't take an actual showing then? A mod uses this logic too, so it's not just m either.

My point is that Dante not being shown to use abilities in cutscenes doesn't mean he never uses them. I mean, DMC is all about being flashy, but not to the point where characters won't use their stuff no matter what in a serious fight.

Yeah, I didn't say that. It's agreed by nearly everyone that people will do OOC stuff instead of fighting for all of eternity.

That said, he won't bea really starting with them.

Back