• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Didact(Halo) vs Yang Xiao Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Didact

Halo Ur-Didact (Render)
We are Forerunners, guardians of all that exists!
~ Ur-Didact​
Summary

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star, more commonly known as "The Didact" or his Promethean name the Ur-Didact, was a Forerunner Promethean who held an extremely high status in the Forerunner society as supreme commander of the entire Forerunner military. He wholeheartedly believed in the Mantle of Responsibility the Forerunners held to protect life, and initially opposed the Halo Array as a sin beyond measure. He was also the lover and husband of the Librarian. He serves as the primary antagonist in Halo 4 and the Halo Escalatio comic series.

Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 8-A,

Name: Shadow-of-Sundered-Star, Most known as "The Didact", Ur-Didact.

Origin: Halo

Age: 112,812 by the time of Halo 4 (Born in 110,255 B.C.E.)

Classification: Forerunner-Promethean, Commander of the Forerunner military, husband of the Librarian

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Technological Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Enhanced Senses, Information Analysis, Data Manipulation (Comparable to other Prometheans, who can create beings of pure information and transform living beings to data), Energy Manipulation (Capable of creating Shockwaves from his armor), Portal Creation, Homing Attack and Dimensional BFR (Able to create ruptures to Slipstream-Space. Superior to the Warden Eternal who can create, and throw a Slipspace rupture that tracks its target), Teleportation (Comparable to other Forerunner Warriors who were able to Teleport to other Forerunner Installations) Levitation/Restricted Flight, Reactive Evolution (Forerunners' Warrior armor could "evolve" during and after long fights), Summoning (Can summon hundreds of Promethean Knights, Crawlers and Watchers that follow his command), Immortality (Type 1 2, and 6, Master Chief stated that the Didact was only temporarily stopped after his supposed vaporization, WOG confirms that he is still alive), Regenerationn (At least High-Low, regenerated an eye, likely Low-Mid, comparable to other Prometheans who've regenerated from loosing body parts, possibly higher, even after having his body completely vaporized, Master Chief stated that he was just temporally stopped), Transmutation with the Composer (Turned the entire population of a city of 7 million+ into digital essence), Adaptation (Forerunner armor is able to adapt to various planets' ecosystem), Resistance to Extreme Temperatures, Radiation, Diseases, High Gravity, Pai, the Vacuum of Space, and Transmutation (Immune to the effects of the Composer).

Attack Potency: At least Multi-City Block level (After exiting the Cryptum, he was able to very casually ionize a metal barrier. Capable of immobilizing other Prometheans with his Constraint Fields)

Speed: At least, SuperHuman movement speed with at least Supersonic combat speed and Reactions likely higher (His suit is far more sophisticated and powerful than Master Chief's. Should be faster than Kelly-087, the fastest Spartan)

Lifting Strength: At least Class 10 (Likely far stronger than Master Chief, can lift and toss Spartans like toys), Higher with Constraint Fields (Capable of restraining other Prometheans)

Striking Strength: At least Multi-City Block Class (Able to trade blows with Prometheans. Far stronger than the Warden Eternal. Effortlessly curbstomped Master Chief, on multiple occasions)

Durability: At least Multi-City Block level (Can take hits from other ancient Prometheans with no problem. Completely unaffected by Promethean weapons)

Stamina: Nearly limitless (With their suits, Forerunners require no sleep and can fight on for days. Unaffected by having a knife driven several inches into his eye socket.)

Range: Tens of metres with constraint fields, Multi-Universal with Scanners (The Didact was able to conduct studies on a planetary system's traces of the photonic realm, the Glow), thousands of kilometres with his ship's weapons and the Composer, Galactic with Slipspace travel. At least Dozens of Kilometers Area of Effect with The Composer

Standard Equipment: Forerunner Combat Skin, his flagship, the Mantle's Approach, and the Composer. Various Promethean Weapons.

Intelligence: Genius level, He commanded the entire Forerunner military for several eons and controlled the Promethean Knights for the duration of his return in Halo 4. Each Promethean is also able to control million strong phalanxes of fighters such as Phaetons. Was still able to function even after been driven insane by The Gravemind, and locked inside a Cryptum for a hundred thousand years to dwell in his own madness.

Weaknesses: Is egotistical and has a tendency to hold back against "Inferior lifeforms"; Anti-hacking system has limits and has been defeated by the likes of Cortana. The Composer is useless against machines, and beings similar to The Flood. His summoned Prometheans are far below his physical tier.
Yang
Yang xiao long rwby yellow render by andreogami5-d7zcul7

I'm a thrill-seeker. I want to travel around the world and get wrapped up in as many crazy adventures as I can. And if I help people along the way, then that's even better. It's a win-win, y'know?
~ Yang​
Yang2complete

Oh, shut up!! You don't know the first thing about strength! You turn your back on people, you run away when things get too hard, you put others in harm's way instead of yourself!! You might be powerful, but that doesn't make you strong.
~ Yang to Raven in "Haven's Fate"​
Summary
Yang Xiao Long is one of the main characters and the fifth character introduced in RWBY. A yellow-haired girl and Ruby Rose's older half-sister, she wields twin shotgun gauntlets called Ember Celica. Easily the most hotheaded member of the group, when she gets very angry or if her hair is damaged during battle, she completely loses her temper. Her semblance is fire, where she uses flames and bullets against the enemy when she loses her temper and her eyes change from purple to red, and her hair glows a bright yellow. When fighting, Yang gets stronger with each hit she takes and uses the enemy's energy to fight back. Yang is the "big sister" of the group, caring deeply for her teammates. She is also very optimistic, never giving up in battle and hard times. Yang has revealed that her birth mother left her shortly after Yang was born and hasn't been seen since, but Yang is determined to find her, ever since she realized that Summer Rose wasn't her biological mother. Yang wanted to become a Huntress because of the adventure, as she is a thrill-seeker in search of a life where she doesn't know what lies ahead for her.

Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-A, higher with her Semblance | At least 8-A, higher with her Semblance

Name: Yang Xiao Long

Origin: RWBY

Classification: Human, Huntress-in-training, Member of Team RWBY

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Able to use her Aura for numerous purposes (Aura can be used as a full-body forcefield, as a means of enhancing her striking power and sharpening her senses, granting her Regenerationn (Mid-Low), and to unlock the Aura of another person), Able to convert damage into power with her Semblance, Energy Projection, Fire Manipulation

Attack Potency: Multi-City Block level (Should be comparable to if not stronger than her sister, Damaged the Merged King Taijitu), higher with her Semblance (Her power increases as she takes more damage) | At least Multi-City Block level (Significantly stronger than before), higher with her Semblance

Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Kept up with Mercury Black, Comparable to Blake)

Lifting Strength: Class M (Stronger than Ruby and comparable to Nora), higher with her Semblance

Striking Strength: Multi-City Block Class, higher with her Semblance | At least Multi-City Block Class, higher with her Semblance

Durability: Multi-City Block level (Should be comparable to if not stronger than Ruby Rose) | At least Multi-City Block level

Stamina:
High (Capable of fighting Grimm for an entire day straight before getting tired)

Range: Standard melee range to hundreds of meters with gauntlets

Standard Equipment: Ember Celica (Ranged Shot Gauntlet)

Intelligence: Yang is a highly skilled fighter, being able to outmatch groups of enemies and monsters much larger than herself in hand to hand combat. Her fighting style is much more aggressive than that of her teammates, bearing resemblance to a combination of boxing and kickboxing. However her brawler fighting style is representative of her personality, as her anger, one of her main assets in battle, can lead her to act predictably. After losing her arm in an encounter with Adam Taurus and gaining a mechanical replacement, she spent several months receiving one on one combat training from her father, a professional huntsman, as well as learning how to to balance her driven and positive nature without overconfidence or agitation)

Weaknesses: Hot-headed, Not very skilled fighting against opponents whose fighting style revolves around kicks as well as opponents who are adept at dodging attacks (Which is how she was beaten by Neo), Continual use of her Aura will cause it to decay to the point where she can be left weakened or even incapacitated. | Suffers from PTSD from losing her arm (Which manifests as her left arm shaking), Continual use of her Aura will cause it to decay to the point where she can be left weakened or even incapacitated

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• Ember Celica: Yang's primary weapon is a former pair, now singular, of gauntlets known as Ember Celica. When Yang throws a punch, she can shoot explosive rounds from Ember Celica for ranged attacks, although not every single jab activates the weapon. Yang has two types of ammunition she can utilize with Ember Celica; Standard Shells and Red Shells. Standard shells create pulses of raw kinetic energy that have no solid projectiles, while Red Shells are a solid projectile that explodes on contact. Ember Celica also has powerful recoil, which can be utilized to augment the force of her punch and accelerate her movements, the force being able to launch her high in the air. She can also use her Ember Celica as a form of armor when defending against attacks in unarmed combat. After the events of "Heroes and Monsters", Yang only has one Ember Celica, due to her lost arm.
    • Quake: Yang strikes the ground, creating a shockwave that knocks enemies back and shatters the ground beneath her.
    • Sunbreaker: Yang unleashes a devastating uppercut, launching herself off the ground and knocking anyone hit into the air.
    • Blast Wave: Yang punches with enough force to release a series of three large shockwaves that increase in size as they travel away from her.
  • Semblance: Wreathed in Flames: Yang's Semblance is the ability to absorb energy from the damage she's taken, and redirect it twice as hard at her opponent, effectively making her faster and stronger with each hit. Her ability also causes her eyes to change color from lilac to red, which is a "side-effect" of her Semblance, though it does occasionally happen outside of combat. When using her Semblance, she draws power from her hair. However, Yang's Semblance does not grant her invincibility, and she does take damage from her opponents, as shown when Adam Taurus cuts her right arm off with Wilt and Blush. Although a powerful Semblance, Yang is unable to power it up without taking damage first, and fighters well-versed in dodging attacks can frustrate Yang, making her attacks predictable and easily avoided, rendering the added power useless. Her anger also causes her to unintentionally activate her Semblance, even if she is not in a battle.

Key: Volume 1-3 | Volume 4-5
Hopefully this match is not a stomp.

Now speed is equal.

Volume 4-5 Yang is being used.

Both in character, no prior knowledge or prep time.

Who wins and why?

Didact: 4 Gargoyle One MemeMan40 Theglassman12 MrKingOfNegativity

Yang:0

Inconclusive:0

I_called_it_1.jpg

Anyway I think Didact has the advantage here overall, he's leagues more experienced and intelligent then Yang, and he should be able to incap Yang without too many issues considering he usually leads with telekinesis

That said he's too egotistical to use his other stuff too soon and she can easily turn the fight around by using her semblance combined with her already superior AP

Gargoyle One said:
I_called_it_1.jpg

Anyway I think Didact has the advantage here overall, he's leagues more experienced and intelligent then Yang, and he should be able to incap Yang without too many issues considering he usually leads with telekinesis

That said he's too egotistical to use his other stuff too soon and she can easily turn the fight around by using her semblance combined with her already superior AP
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jFPBQaPL5mQ

Didact wins. He's just vastly more intelligent and experienced overall, god knows what tactics or plans he has in his bag of tricks. Plus that Forerunner tech should give him quite the edge

Gargoyle One said:
combined with her already superior AP
I thought she was "way above" 141 tons? Didact is "casually" 226 tons, so if there's any difference there, I'm not seeing it.
Also, if Caleb is roughly even with Didact (which is what VersusJunkie said in that thread), then Yang is the one who's inferior here. Vice-versa if Yang actually is stronger than Didact, since everyone seemed to have agreed that Caleb mauls her even in terms of physicals.

Getting back on topic though, this seems like a pretty clear-cut win for Ur-Didact even in spite of any AP differences. I know he doesn't start with the bullshit right away (something something "ego"), but Type 6 means he comes back for Round 2 even if Yang does manage to beat him to death. Judging from what I've heard about his Type 6, anyway.

Meanwhile he kind of destroys her in just about every important area besides AP. "Ego" can only nerf a guy so much.

I'd also like to point out that due to his upgrade, the Didact is far enough into 8-A to be potentially Low 7-C

I'm legit wondering about the AP, tbh. He's either "weaker than Yang", or "on-par with Caleb". Can't have both.

But yeah, if Caleb VS Yang was considered unfair, then this probably is too. It's basically the same thing; a girl who punches the shit out of things and uses bullets, fire, explosions and Zenkai boosts VS a (relative) monster who can survive/nullify all of that and one-shot the Happy Holidays out of her.

The Didact was upgraded and is now far enough into 8-A to be potentially Low 7-C so yeah, Yang is the weaker one here

MrKingOfNegativity said:
But yeah, if Caleb VS Yang was considered unfair, then this probably is too. It's basically the same thing; a girl who punches the shit out of things and uses bullets, fire, explosions and Zenkai boosts VS a (relative) monster who can survive/nullify all of that and one-shot the Happy Holidays out of her.
Just saying

That was effective the exact same match, I didn't even know about the type 6 during that match.

Stomp?

What was effectively the exact same match?

If you're referring to a past match between Akame and Didact (?), I don't see it on her profile. But if that existed, then yes, I'd say that's a stomp too.

Did I seriously? ****, my memory is terrible.

EDIT: Apparently I did. I don't know what I should say about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back