• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Dark Tower: Issues and Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. It is still best if Azathoth analyses this though.

Relatively minor but this should be added as to why the Crimson King has plot manipulation

"I'm Gan or possessed by Gan, I dont know which, maybe theres no difference." King began to cry. His tears were silent and horrible. "But its not Dis, I turned aside from Dis, I repudiate Dis, and that should be enough but its not, ka is never satisfied, greedy old ka...." - Song of Susannah

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Relatively minor but this should be added as to why the Crimson King has plot manipulation
"I'm Gan or possessed by Gan, I dont know which, maybe theres no difference." King began to cry. His tears were silent and horrible. "But its not Dis, I turned aside from Dis, I repudiate Dis, and that should be enough but its not, ka is never satisfied, greedy old ka...." - Song of Susannah
Can plot manipulation make him 1-A?

As it stands Gan's reasoning for being 1-A is due to being from the Prim which predates an infinite dimensional reality. However, the crimson king can manipulate the prim.
Allhailthecrimsonking
Shouldn't this make Crimson King 1-A and Gan above 1-A at least somewhat?

Something I've been wondering.

If the weakness of The Dark Tower is if the beams collapse, and the beams are capbably of holding the tower up, how powerful would the beams have to be? I know it isn't an actual feat, but I was just curious if their involvement with the tower mean anything at all.

"Out of the Prim arose Gan, animating spirit of the Dark Tower. From the magical waters dripping out of his navel, Gan spun the physical universe. But sensing that one world was not large enough to contain all possible manifestations of life and experience, he divided the universe into multiple, parallel realities, and set six magnetic Beams in place to maintain the alignment of time, space, size, and dimension in all of them. Gan sat at the center of the world-web, singing the rocks and mountains and trees into existence, singing the song of the White."

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
"Out of the Prim arose Gan...six magnetic Beams in place to maintain the alignment of time, space, size, and dimension in all of them...."
Okay, looking through the Dark Tower wiki, I'm wondering what these beams are. It's saying that they are protected by guardians, but it looks like it also states that the guardians are actually parts of the beams?

I could be easily misinterpreting things, never read the Dark Tower series themselves.

EDIT* Yeah, I'm pretty sure I misinterpreted it. It looks like its says there 6 beams, but that there are 12 spokes represented by the 12 guardians. At the end of each spoke lies the guardians. So while they represent each of the spokes, I do not believe they themselves are actually parts of them.

It does say though that after The Old One's assault on the tower, they decided to create these guardians to repair the beams and the previous magic that surrounded them. That could be something?

You can remind Azathoth that we would appreciate his help with evaluating this.

He is still helping out with threads here and there.

My personal suggestion is that Crimson King should be made "At least High 1-B, likely 1-A" for manipulating the prim, Bessa should be high 1-A and Gan tier 0

I do not think that we have sufficient proof for tier High 1-A or 0

Just 1-A as far as I am aware, but Azathoth is better informed than I am.

Anyway, I do not think that a DT revision should happen without Azathoth's approval.

As far as I remember, yes he was born from the Prim.

The prim being a 1-A realm is legit, and Gan is omnipresent throguhout it, but Todash space is just tier 2, Pennywise is from it.

Also, yes, we don't know how Gan was born, if he even was.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
The prim being a 1-A realm is legit, and Gan is omnipresent throguhout it, but Todash space is just tier 2, Pennywise is from it.

We dont know much about Todash Space, i think there is beings that stronger than Pennywise in Todash Space.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:

Todash Space is the void between universes. Logically it should be the void between higher dimensional universes as well.

D-Ruler Nekroz said:
He arose from the Prim not born from it. We dont know how Gan born.
Yep

"Perhaps there is a God, but the Beams rose from the Prim on the airs of magic, Susannah, the true magic which passed long ago. Was it God that made magic, or was it magic that made God? I know not." - Song of Susannah

Well, Azathoth has already thoroughly discussed the Dark Tower ratings previously, and made a decision regarding them. No changes are going to happen unless he approves of them. Perhaps we should close this thread?

Antvasima said:
Well, Azathoth has already thoroughly discussed the Dark Tower ratings previously, and made a decision regarding them. No changes are going to happen unless he approves of them. Perhaps we should close this thread?
I think just wait for Azathoth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back