• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Scenario: Agent 47, while disguised as Bruce Wayne, murderes billionaire Albert Kingsley while alone with him in the Wayne Mansion library during a party. Bruce is arrested for the crime, as Peter Parker, who got dragged along by his friend Harry Osborn, saw "Bruce" enter the library with Kingsley and even took a photo. Bruce cannot provide an alibi because he was busy being Batman. Crime occured around 3:00. Bruce got back and got arrested at 3:05, while 47, still disguised, left the premises at 3:10. He took so long because he was attempting to find a place to dispose of the murder weapon, an antique knife, which he threw in the fire place. Phoenix Wright is hired to defend Bruce, while Chief Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth takes the case as he suspects 47 may be involved and has been tracking him for some time.

Can Phoenix Wright prove his client innocent?

This involves Nolanverse Batman and Ramiverse Spider-man.

The short answer. Yes

The long answer

Phoenix Wright is fully capable of taking this case. May not be an easy one to do. But his eye for detail, natural luck, and intelligence should put this case together. Here's how I see the case going

Phoenix starts with his investigation. Studying around The Mansion and talking with Bruce. Wether he gets it while investigating the manor, questioning witnesses, researching Bruce, or getting it from Bruce himself. Phoenix makes the connection that Bruce Wayne is Batman. He questions Peter and Harry to get information. And while checking out the manor. The knife is found. He gets the autopsy report, and then starts putting things together until the first day of court. There is very very little doubt in my mind that while trying to leave the manor after 3:05 (aka. When Bruce was being arrested), someone else, or a camera spotted him leaving the manor. Being during a party. The odds of escaping undetected are very slim

Day one

The day starts with going over basic evidence like the knife. And Peter as a witness. As well presenting his picture as evidence. It seems like Bruce is in for a guilty verdict already. But Phoenix starts calling into flaws he sees. Phoenix would hold back on the proof of Batman and Bruce Wayne being one i the same as rather saving that as a last resort. He instead brings up that Witnesses or a camera spotted an Aparent Bruce Wayne during and or after he was being arrested. He as well uses the picture that the Bruce Wayne being accused and the Bruce Wayne in the apparent pic due have facial features that do differ. As the one in the photo (Hitman) looks quite a bit older. This raises suspension and The Judge is not able to hand down his verdict properly due to the fact of such heavy doubt. Another day is given to investigate.

After court. Miles brings up his suspensions towards Agent 47. Giving Phoenix info on him. With a new person to accuse for the crime. Phoenix spends the day researching into him and trying to connect him to the crime

Second day

With the second day starting. Phoenix starts the day by bringing up a knew potential killer. Agent 47. A hitman who often kills. But does it in a stealthy and often disguised manor. He then brings in the series of murders The hitman had done that Phoenix could make connections with from his research and what Miles brought. As well shows that Bruce had no possible motive to kill. Showing even more he wasn't the killer. Miles plays along to help Phoenix so they both could figure it out and a way to prove it. Which extends throughout the day. Even if they both somehow can't make any connection towards The Hitman doing it. Phoenix not doubt at the bare minimum can prove Bruce didn't do it. He clouds Bruce having any motive as being to unclear. Evidence as not strong enough. And if somehow everything fails. He goes to prove Batman and Bruce Wayne being one in the same. Through records. Bruce's past. His physical body compared to Bruce. And several other forms of evidence.

So I say yes. Phoenix should be able to prove Bruce innocent. And also likely could pin it on 47. (Though that's not apart of the question from the looks. But just in case)

Actually, 47 is under employment from ICA, which is affiliated with the UN, intelligence agencies and the governments of various countries, so he won't be going to court anyhow. And as a member of that government organization, he did his job perfectly, so he literally did his job. It's the same logic why you can't arrest a soldier for murder. 47 will be executed by his agency though, so there's that

The idea is defending his client regardless. Plus. He doesn't have to get agent 47 arrested or anything. But if he proved it was him, that would be the other point. It isn't a matter of getting him arrested. Its just proving the case.

Regardless. 24 pass. Grace is over so Phoenix takes the case.

Next time. On Ace Attorney

Case 1-2: Golden Turnabout

(Hopefully is Wright still wants to do this)

Oh. Is this something we add btw? Cause I know Phoenix has a win that's just a cross examination on his page. Does this qualify?

Alrighty. Cool. Just wanted to make sure of which one. I'll keep my eye out and fingers ready for the golden turnabout

I got an idea myself. Mwhahahahahahahaha

Back