• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Courier meets a child with a knife (Courier vs Frisk) [1-1-0]

Since its the “genocide frisk” I assume its chara influenced frisk. So frisk passively fears him and wins

I’m not sure if chara’s fear manipulation should work here or not. I mean, they definitely have it, but it’s never really ended a fight before. Flowey only got as scared as he did because he knew Chara (and thus knew he was absolutely going to die). Meanwhile the courier can literally smile at drug crazed lunatics, he just met, and they run for the hills.
So chara’s works on things that are usually emotionless, but it doesn’t cause game ending fright when it did.

Though Frisk, for some reason, doesn’t have a genocide key yet. So I’m not even sure if they would be allowed to use fear manipulation or not.

I’m not sure if chara’s fear manipulation should work here or not. I mean, they definitely have it, but it’s never really ended a fight before. Flowey only got as scared as he did because he knew Chara (and thus knew he was absolutely going to die). Meanwhile the courier can literally smile at drug crazed lunatics, he just met, and they run for the hills.
So chara’s works on things that are usually emotionless, but it doesn’t cause game ending fright when it did.
Chara literally made flowey a emotionless being shake in fear run away 💀
Though Frisk, for some reason, doesn’t have a genocide key yet. So I’m not even sure if they would be allowed to use fear manipulation or not.
They had it but it was removed later

Yeah, but again, unless I’m thinking of a different scene, he knew chara. He knows who chara is and thus has a non induced reason to run away.

Though if I am mixing two scenes up and he didn’t know it was chara (as in the chara he knows): then I would vote Fisk (if they had a genocide key, but they don’t, not sure if it would be a stomp cause the courier would scare them away if they got a chance to do pretty much anything)).

Yeah, but again, unless I’m thinking of a different scene, he knew chara. He knows who chara is and thus has a non induced reason to run away.
They know chara but only human chara not the demon one irrc
Though if I am mixing two scenes up and he didn’t know it was chara (as in the chara he knows): then I would vote Fisk (if they had a genocide key, but they don’t, not sure if it would be a stomp cause the courier would scare them away if they got a chance to do pretty much anything)).
If its the normal key its a stomp since Courier just fear haxes frisk until incap

See that’s what I wasn’t sure about (flowey part). Then yeah the fear manipulation would work.

For the second part, I guess this match doesn’t really work either way then. Either it’s pacifist frisk and they are terrified into submission by the courier weirdly smiling, or saying pretty much anything, or genocide frisk stands there and the courier immediately flees.

See that’s what I wasn’t sure about (flowey part). Then yeah the fear manipulation would work.

For the second part, I guess this match doesn’t really work either way then. Either it’s pacifist frisk and they are terrified into submission by the courier weirdly smiling, or saying pretty much anything, or genocide frisk stands there and the courier immediately flees.
Can pacifist frisk influence Coruier before he uses the gaze?

It’s literally just the courier smiling, and his own charisma is already inhumanly high so I doubt it. I’m pretty sure they would win the debate if they did have one. Let me quickly type up why I think that though.

It’s literally just the courier smiling, and his own charisma is already inhumanly high so I doubt it. I’m pretty sure they would win the debate if they did have one. Let me quickly type up why I think that though.
Its a mismatch dont bother

Dang, I already typed up so much. I’ll just leave this here if I ever need to reference it again.

Ulysses is a guy in fallout NV, he is maxed out in all stats, including charisma. One day the courier literally nuked his entire civilization out of existence (whoops), and so Ulysses dedicated the entire rest of his life to hunting down and killing the courier. He hates the courier, he hates everything they stand for, he hates the rest of the world, and desperately wants both you and the world you stand for to end.

So when you meet him he has like 6 plans in place to kill you. Has nukes set up to blow up everything, he has security drones, he has a gun to shoot you himself, and he has a hit squad outside to shoot you if everything else fails.

Despite all of this, the courier can go up to him, without knowing pretty much anything about him (since having prior knowledge is an alternate ending), and can just convince him to completely switch sides. He makes Ulysses’ personality do a complete 540°, he now has a different political opinion, a different view on the world, and is your friend after you talked to him for like 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Dang, I already typed up so much. I’ll just leave this here if I ever need to reference it again.

Ulysses is a guy in fallout NV, he is maxed out in all stats, including charisma. One day the courier literally nuked his entire civilization out of existence (whoops), and so Ulysses dedicated the entire rest of his life to hunting down and killing the courier. He hates the courier, he hates everything they stands for, he hates the rest of the world, and desperately wants both you and the world you stand for to end.

So when you meet him he has like 6 plans in place to kill you. Has nukes set up to blow up everything, he has security drones, he has a gun to shoot you himself, and he has a hit squad outside to shoot you if everything else fails.

Despite all of this, the courier can go up to him, without knowing pretty much anything about him (since having prior knowledge is an alternate ending), and can just convince him to completely switch sides. He makes Ulysses’ personality do a complete 540°, he now has a different political opinion, a different view on the world, and is your friend after you talked to him for like 30 seconds.
Yeah, that's an absolutely mind-boggling Social Influencing feat.

Ulysses is a guy in fallout NV, he is maxed out in all stats, including charisma. One day the courier literally nuked his entire civilization out of existence (whoops), and so Ulysses dedicated the entire rest of his life to hunting down and killing the courier. He hates the courier, he hates everything they stand for, he hates the rest of the world, and desperately wants both you and the world you stand for to end.

The game devs probably couldnt think of a good way to add that enemy to your own side lmao

I mean, the ending where you gain knowledge about him, throughout the dlcs makes somewhat sense. You know everything he’s about and why he’s mad at you so through that knowledge you can form an uneasy friendship.

The speech ending is like every other speech ending. The courier knows practically nothing about anyone, yet just hoodwinks everyone into doing whatever he wants (and that’s one of the reasons fallout NV is an absolutely glorious game).

I mean, the ending where you gain knowledge about him, throughout the dlcs makes somewhat sense. You know everything he’s about and why he’s mad at you so through that knowledge you can form an uneasy friendship.

The speech ending is like every other speech ending. The courier knows practically nothing about anyone, yet just hoodwinks everyone into doing whatever he wants (and that’s one of the reasons fallout NV is an absolutely glorious game).
The Courier is the biggest brain'd Giga Chad in the wasteland.

is it really useable that much? it scares the dogs and monster kid but they didn't run away.

The dog and kid are met pretty early on in the run, before Chara’s influence becomes all that great. By the end of the run it should be at its highest and as shown by flowey at its worst it can cause people to just run away.

Though I do agree it’s a bit inconsistent but with powers I believe it’s fine to go with the higher ends unless horribly contradicted super badly.

The dog and kid are met pretty early on in the run, before Chara’s influence becomes all that great. By the end of the run it should be at its highest and as shown by flowey at its worst it can cause people to just run away.

Though I do agree it’s a bit inconsistent but with powers I believe it’s fine to go with the higher ends unless horribly contradicted super badly.
Courier does have fear manip too.

So...I guess the two run away from each other?

The courier has to do basic movement or talk for his to work. Chara’s/genocide frisk’s is sheerly passive.

Like Keeweed said, Chara's fear manip never ended a fight before and Flowely wasn't trying to fight them anyways.

So what I think for this battle. Courier's wincon is to basically have SI to make Frisk give up or run away while Frisk's wincon is to stab Courier and kill him.

I do lean towards Courier winning since he starts off with SI or at worst, scare them off with Terrifying Presence. I vote for Courier

Last edited:
Like Keeweed said, Chara's fear manip never ended a fight before and Flowely wasn't trying to fight them anyways.
Flowey a emotionless being started to shake and literally ran away. Either Frisk/Chara stomps or Courier stomps pacifist frisk (does fear hax even incap in couriers case?)
So what I think for this battle. Courier's wincon is to basically have SI to make Frisk give up or run away while Frisk's wincon is to stab Courier and kill him.

I do lean towards Courier winning since he starts off with SI or at worst, scare them off with Terrifying Presence. I vote for Courier
Stop trying to vote Courier for one second and take a look at this massive mismatch 💀

Yeah it causes opponents to just give up or flee. A brotherhood squadron wanted to murder him and he had them panic and give up (despite them having every advantage in the fight, including weapons that can flash vaporize the courier at the point they were going to fight him).

Also drugged up lunatics just immediately ran away upon the courier smiled at them weirdly.

Flowey a emotionless being started to shake and literally ran away. Either Frisk/Chara stomps or Courier stomps pacifist frisk (does fear hax even incap in couriers case?)

Stop trying to vote Courier for one second and take a look at this massive mismatch 💀
I mean, I can still wait for that CRT of yours. I would need to hear more input from other people.

But even then. Chara's fear manip never really ended a battle. At best, they freeze in fear and Frisk/Chara just try to kill them.

If they get attacked first. They'll attack back or talk. That it happens in Undertale Battles. Not every monster near the end of the genocide run freeze up either.

If they get attacked first. They'll attack back or talk. That it happens in Undertale Battles. Not every monster near the end of the genocide run freeze up either.
Becaus they dont freeze flowey literally escapes?

Back