• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Courier might have a bad time

Well not sure if it was done or not but let's try it.

Plot: The Courier has a delivery to make, he'll do whatever it takes. Skeleton in a parka be damned

Speed is equalised. Both are about 7 metres apart. Sans is bloodlusted. SBA otherwise

Kick in the head: 0

Your gonna have a bad time: 0

Incon: 0

Last edited:
So Sans started his fight in-character by speaking to his opponent, that gives the Courier a very large chance of just talking him down from fighting in the first place since that's something they're very well known for doing. So either the Courier gets Sans to not even fight, which I find more likely, or Sans instantly stomps the Courier's Soul into oblivion since the Courier has never fought anything remotely like Sans and his TK, Gravity Manip, Soul Hax, Danmakku and Teleportation. There's no in-between since even with V.A.T.S. Sans still has higher reaction speed although the Gaster Blasters are weird since they're faster than Sans and his Reactions but they're slower than the Courier's Laser Weaponry but the Courier would have to actively start with shooting Sans outright with a Laser Weapon for that to be effective. Honestly, this all depends on what the person playing as the Courier starts with due to RPG Characters like this not having a consistent starting move.

Tbf I'm told Courier generally opens with Vats or SI, granted most of the times he talked folks down they were human but he did do that weird stuff with his own brain so there's that.

I don't know if Sans would speak to the courier. He spoke to Frisk because he knew how dangerous they were and wanted to take them by surprise I think. It was a dramatic moment between two characters with backstory. He doesn't know the courier so I think he's more likely to just stomp him.

I don't know if Sans would speak to the courier. He spoke to Frisk because he knew how dangerous they were and wanted to take them by surprise I think. It was a dramatic moment between two characters with backstory. He doesn't know the courier so I think he's more likely to just stomp him.
I was more so giving the Courier the benefit of the doubt, but yeah if Sans instantly opens with his strongest attack (which is In-Character for him since he literally questions why people don't do that), he wins.

In fairness though Courier has luck on his side and if he can get even a sentence off he can feasibly win, count your votes for Sans then in the meantime?

SI is commonly agreed upon to be a likely opening move for him, that was mainly why he inconned with Emily iirc. Said person would be totally silent to him yet it was agreed that he could get her to talk still if he got a sentence off so there's that.

San's as noted on his profile, is incredibly lazy in character, and in general, doesn't like fighting.

While SBA means that San's would be perfectly willing to kill him, would it really be OOC for him to just ask the Courier not to fight? Or try to ask him to stand down at all?

Him doing that could easily lead to a scenario where the Courier could use his/her social Influencing.

I find it extremely likely that Sans would talk, which gives the Courier a very obvious opportunity.

the effectiveness of the couriers social influencing probably depends on the specific scenario and why theyre fighting

I mean Courier has talked his way out of situations that included random raiders ambushing him unprompted who were basically bloodlusted, if Sans opens his mouth and/or lets the courier get a sentence off he should be able to get out of it. Plus Courier has luck that helps him there too, one time he was able to open a password locked door just by yelling ice cream at it.

sans was also fully willing to stand in one spot and do nothing for the rest of time just to hold chara in place so idk, doesnt help that i dont know the courier very well

From what I know with Sans he's apparently lazy and doesn't actually enjoy fighting, chara appears to be the exception. Courier could just either bluff and say he's got the wrong guy or befriend Sans with enough time talking

Yeah, Chara is a major exception. Sans won’t fight Frisk even if they kill his brother and Toriel. He literally only steps up after Chara kills everyone else.

unless the Courier literally nuked the underground or some shit, there’s a high chance he could demotivate San’s from fighting him, assuming he’s given the chance to.

well considering he has to be willing to fight, then he must think extremely lowly of courier as far as SBA implies
if his laziness could come into play here then he wouldn't fight in the first place

Even so assuming Sans gives a sentence out that can be enough for Courier to get his foot in the door, don't suppose his luck could help there?

i still dont really feel comfortable voting without the reason theyre fighting considering couriers only wincon is stopping the fight from happening at all via social influencing

just make sans in character but also bloodlusted, since that's basically how he is the only time he is actually willing to fight in the game

Well I've made Sans bloodlusted now I guess, should say Courier has feats of talking down people who are bloodlusted too btw. As in he once actually nuked someone's homeland and they're against him the whole dlc prior, yet Courier can talk them into helping him.

Basically from what I remember Courier delivered a package that contained launch codes for nukes, it was done without them knowing but they're indirectly responsible for it and are the target of Ulysses for the entire dlc prior. Basically Ulysses was going to launch other nukes at the Mojave for revenge and talking him around has him help the Courier and suddenly switch sides and becomes a companion of them.

So here's the problem
In character
You could kill all but one Monster
Sans will give you the pass
Sans will literally refuse to step up unless it is the actual, worst, most impossibly hopeless situation. Otherwise, he's too lazy to care much.
Even if you kill everyone he loves, he'll still not want to kill you, even though he's likely wanting to rip Frisk's head off (As seen with the numerous way's he can call Frisk a Brother Killer with a Ominous, Dreadful tone of voice, a way he almost never treats anyone.)
So unless the Courier straight up did like, a mass Genocide in this fight, Bloodlusted or Not I think Sans opens with saying something like, "bro all this killing stuff ain't chill"
Then Courier get's His/Her Dialogue Option
GG
And what's worse
If Courier is straight up a pacifist/only kill in self defense
Sans probably opens up with "you're doing good kid, keep it up" and then just, dip's voluntarily.

I see, so what your getting at is this seems to be a mismatch despite bloodlusting? Would giving both prior knowledge help at all?

I think you have to give context to this match unironically. Either that, or remove them being in character. But the problem with that would be that Sans would probably just insta nuke the Courier. It really seems it's either 0 or 100 with this unfortunately.

Back