• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Champion of Cyrodiil vs Ashen One

Attack reflection makes all the Ashen one's attacks useless. So this depends on if he can survive void manipulation. Last time I said that should kill him everyone said no, so I'll vote inconclusive for now. The CoC absolutely bodies the Ashen one, but he has no way to put the Ashen One down (unless he knocks the Ashen One out, but that's unlikely for reasons stated on the Kenshiro vs Ashen One thread).

Metalija said:
CoC absorbs the stats of Ashen one and then bodies him.
Ashen one then respawns so CoC rears that forever

Also I don't think attack reflection could work on pestilent mercury so that could help the Ashen one pull a win

I probably should have said that it's damage reflection meaning that instead of the attack reflecting, it's the damage. Ex: an arrow hits the CoC, the damage the arrow did reflects onto the opponent, the arrow doesn't reflect at the attacker. Also the CoC has healing spells so he could just tank the pestilent mercury.

Keeweed said:
I probably should have said that it's damage reflection meaning that instead of the attack reflecting, it's the damage. Ex: an arrow hits the CoC, the damage the arrow did reflects onto the opponent, the arrow doesn't reflect at the attacker. Also the CoC has healing spells so he could just tank the pestilent mercury.
Ik that it's damage reflection but it shouldn't work either because once cast the mist is kinda on its own it hurts everything and the caster can't uncast it either basically it is just a mist that hurts those in it

And yeah the CoC has healing but idk if it can outpace the mist and even if it can he doesn't have infinite magicka

AlmightyZoom said:
If the Hunter Charm and Duel one can stop COC healing then I prolly give it to the Ashen One.
They should but even if they don't Ashen one has spells to silence others and prevent them from casting magic pyromancy hexes miracles etc

AlmightyZoom said:
If the Hunter Charm and Duel one can stop COC healing then I prolly give it to the Ashen One.
They should but even if they don't Ashen one has spells to silence others and prevent them from casting magic pyromancy hexes miracles etc

Keeweed said:
The CoC also has silence. So the Ashen One's spells also fail.
If he starts out with silence then yeah in that case incon as he can't put down Ashen one permanently

@divine

He's not really throwing the spell at CoC he makes a mist and the mist just eats away at the life of whatever is near it

The CoC could just walk away from the mist, the only bosses it's good against are huge and barely moving bosses. Also Mehrunes Razor, Umbra, the Ebony Blade and a few other artifacts (which are in the CoC's main quest) all one shot in some way. Stealing his essence, stealing his soul, death hax, and a few other like transmution.

CoC could just walk away but the Ashen one can just put more than one down in order to still catch him

And yeah CoC has incap methods but he's much less likely to use those than he is to just keep killing the Ashen one

If he's capable of killing the Ashen One multiple times he'd try to adapt his strategy eventually. And CoC resists the mist anyway.

(Responsing to Paul) But what stops him from repeatly killing the Ashen One. Some of his weapon literally just need to be drawn to kill the Ashen one (Umbra and the Ebony Blade) and damage reflection makes most of the Ashen One's weapons fail due to the damage being reflected. The mist only hurts the Ashen One because it's not reflecting the attack it's reflecting the damage the attack would do back at who ever used it (it doesn't matter if it's an enemy I was just saying opponent because that's who it's reflecting to in the scenario).

DivineTedrius said:
If he's capable of killing the Ashen One multiple times he'd try to adapt his strategy eventually. And CoC resists the mist anyway.
Why does he resist the mist though

@keeweed the attack is placing the mist the mist itself isn't the Ashen ones attack

DivineTedrius said:
Because he resists magic. Isn't it magic?
Resist magic does mean he's immune to a mist that eats the life of whatever is in it

And idk it might be magic but magic resistance doesn't make you take any less damage in game

DivineTedrius said:
He literally has 100% resist magic, why wouldn't it work?
Because magic resistance in dark souls even if at 100% doesn't stop the mist from hurting you?

If you want to say that the mist doesn't work though then Ashen one has no wincon and this is a stomp

It's not a stomp because the CoC like wise has no way to kill him, making this an awkward inconclusive just like Kenshiro vs the Ashen One

What stop CoC uses an Elder Scroll to erase Ashen one out of existence? Thieves Guild quest involved a guy rewrite history to escape a 1-C god. Again, Mehrunes Razor FTW!! Or Umbra FTW!!

KongKing23 said:
What stop CoC uses an Elder Scroll to erase Ashen one out of existence? Thieves Guild quest involved a guy rewrite history to escape a 1-C god.
Again, Mehrunes Razor FTW!! Or Umbra FTW!!
The fact that an elder scroll is not in his standard equipment?

Also umbra and the razor kill Ashen one then he just comes back so this is likely incon as neither can kill each other

If somehow CoC can kill Ashen one though this would be a stomp as Ashen one can't kill or incap CoC unless you wanna say he just outlive CoC via respawning but I don't think that's possible

First, you have to prove that Ashen One can beat 1-C beings by claiming those artifacts don't work.

Second, both of those artifacts defied conventional laws on cosmic level with Razor can literally alter anything out of existence. I don't even need to kill Ashen One as I could turn it into a cancer cheese.

KongKing23 said:
First, you have to prove that Ashen One can beat 1-C beings by claiming those artifacts don't work.
Second, both of those artifacts defied conventional laws on cosmic level with Razor can literally alter anything out of existence. I don't even need to kill Ashen One as I could turn it into a cancer cheese.
No one said he can beat 1-C beings though

But as I said if you want to argue the CoC will use the actual power of the razor and erase the Ashen one this is a stomp as Ashen one actually can't do anything thanks to attack reflection

I feel like 101% damage reflect should be considered game play mechanics you have to equip specific armor rings and amulets to reach it as you can't enchant any gear with the effect

Also even if it's not considered game play mechanics then it should be pointed out that reflect damage does not reflect ranged attacks enchanted weapon damage magic attacks or fall damage on its own other things might but not just damage reflection

Back