• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boys - Homelander (and Soldier Boy) resistances adition (plus Neuman resistances)

Basically, the title.
Here, I made a sandbox for Homelander's profile, and I added some needed resistances that he was missing, same for Soldier Boy (They are both listed as 8-A from this other CRT, will later update than on Maeve and Butcher too)

Also, it's not on the sandbox yet, but was gonna add a "higher" for HL's heat vision, since it scales go Butcher's and does more damage that his strikes.

What do you guys think?

Edit: Adding Neuman to the mix since part of the reasoning for some of Homelander's resistances apply to her.

Edit 2: also, wanted go discuss turning the 8-A statistic to "At least 8-A" since HL tanked the blast that gives him said tier in the first place.

Last edited:
Agree. I personally have no problem with having Limited Body Control listed on the profile as long as it is described in a "modest" way. Kratos from God of War, a popular verse on the wiki, have Resistance to Death Manipulation from doing the deed with two chicks that would have caused anyone else to die. @DontTalkDT made a profile for an anime girl who's literally a prostitute with her whole powerset being based around her job.

Why is the Bulletproof Durability section needed? I think just being 8-A would already kind of imply that you can’t be hurt with normal bullets or saws.

The likely resistances for HL, I don't seem to agree with at all, as they're never really been proven in visuals that he has resisted any of those criteria listed. Bulletproof Durability is rather unnecessary to list there. But everything fine here.

Also, don't try adding in that Limited Body Control ability, as I literally already rejected that for being too inappropriate for the site and the ability is literally useless.

Why is the Bulletproof Durability section needed? I think just being 8-A would already kind of imply that you can’t be hurt with normal bullets or saws.
Because Supes in the verse have very inconsistent bullet resistance. Translucent who is much weaker than Starlight is completely unharmed by high caliber bullets whereas Annie gets the wind knocked out of her when shot by them, albeit they can't penetrate her skin. Then Black Noir who is comparable to Starlight in durability gets pierced straight through by bullets.

Because Supes in the verse have very inconsistent bullet resistance. Translucent who is much weaker than Starlight is completely unharmed by high caliber bullets whereas Annie gets the wind knocked out of her when shot by them, albeit they can't penetrate her skin. Then Black Noir who is comparable to Starlight in durability gets pierced straight through by bullets.
None of them are anywhere near Homelander’s level though. He’s consistently shown to be one of the most powerful supes, if not the most powerful, so obviously guns wouldn’t do anything to him.

Mostly because:
1. In this verse specifically, not every supe is bulletproof by default
2. IMO, it's not the best rule to assume every character is bulletproof after a certain tier. You can have a guy plow through a building yet the writers would make them get hurt by a normal gun. It's genuinely a poor measure, but I get the logic.
Also, said logic can be detrimental at times (probably a bad example, but in a Thread of Soldier Boy vs Big Boss, despite Soldier Boy being bulletproof, they argue that bullets from BB would work because of his tier. Which, yeah, might be true for the verse if the weapons are more powerful than normal, but maybe this 8-B guys just happen to still be "bullet weak" by their creators)
The likely resistances for HL, I don't seem to agree with at all, as they're never really been proven in visuals that he has resisted any of those criteria listed. Bulletproof Durability is rather unnecessary to list there. But everything fine here.
I know he hasn't shown them, but every season they reveal a new resistance for him, and also they haven't find a way to kill him in decades, and they want to rely on a virus that could cause a global pandemic.
They don't even know how to kill Neuman and she is far weaker.
Also, don't try adding in that Limited Body Control ability, as I literally already rejected that for being too inappropriate for the site and the ability is literally useless.
Don't worry, I don't want that either lol
Slight correction, but Translucent is weaker than Annie offensively. Defensively, he needs an upgrade (no way fella is less durable than Annie with said feat. Also he tanked a carbon metamaterial round like nothing, and Frenchie said that that could 'maybe' get Neuman, so he is closer to her than to Annie in durability)

Mostly because:
1. In this verse specifically, not every supe is bulletproof by default
2. IMO, it's not the best rule to assume every character is bulletproof after a certain tier. You can have a guy plow through a building yet the writers would make them get hurt by a normal gun. It's genuinely a poor measure, but I get the logic.
Also, said logic can be detrimental at times (probably a bad example, but in a Thread of Soldier Boy vs Big Boss, despite Soldier Boy being bulletproof, they argue that bullets from BB would work because of his tier. Which, yeah, might be true for the verse if the weapons are more powerful than normal, but maybe this 8-B guys just happen to still be "bullet weak" by their creators)
I don’t know anything about Metal Gear besides certain things but there is nothing about The Boys’ verse ammo that would differentiate it from a real world weapon. That type of immunity for Homelander would probably only apply to like normal bullets or saws which would not serve any purpose at all in a battle with a comparable foe. It sounds like just a bad writing or anti-feat problem tbh.

I don’t know anything about Metal Gear besides certain things but there is nothing about The Boys’ verse ammo that would differentiate it from a real world weapon. That type of immunity for Homelander would probably only apply to like normal bullets or saws which would not serve any purpose at all in a battle with a comparable foe. It sounds like just a bad writing or anti-feat problem tbh.
Yeah, as I said, maybe a bad example.
But the point is, at worst, this is a redundant ability, and at best, it helps in some matches.
But overall, it's a 'fact checked ability' (maybe I should move to abilities and not resistances?)

But to avoid too much side track with that one, what about the rest of the resistances and stuff?

"Limited Resistance to:
Durability Negation (Victoria Neuman is terrified of Homelander in spite of her powers, with even himself being confident that she would fail[13], which may imply that just like Soldier Boy, his internal tissue is just as durable as his skin[9])"

Or maybe it's also resistance to blood manipulation. The blood users in The Boys are capable of causing cardiac arrest, Neuman could have used it on Homelander if it worked on him.

Sex related abilities and useless abilities are already listed on the pages of certain characters.

"Limited Resistance to:
Durability Negation (Victoria Neuman is terrified of Homelander in spite of her powers, with even himself being confident that she would fail[13], which may imply that just like Soldier Boy, his internal tissue is just as durable as his skin[9])"

Or maybe it's also resistance to blood manipulation. The blood users in The Boys are capable of causing cardiac arrest, Neuman could have used it on Homelander if it worked on him.
While one can assume so, Neuman hasn't show all the same powers as Marie. Also, even though Gen V and The Boys have similar staff and are the same verse, some stuff doesn't translate so directly between shows (idk how to explain it, but supe feels different in Gen V).

Also, I think it's more logical that she can't kill him because he is too durable from the inside, rather that he flat out being blood bending immune (though, indirectly he might be lol). Besides, HL and Neuman seems to only consider headpoppinh as her power.

That justification for likely resistance is weak but I think at least some of those are directly or indirectly stated during the show, if you watch again I think you can find the proper justifications of so then there would be no need for a likely, for example acid was used against Neuman and it clearly didn't work that might be a likely for Homelander since he is more resistant than her, also I don't rember clearly but I think they might have stated it would not work on Homelander.

That justification for likely resistance is weak but I think at least some of those are directly or indirectly stated during the show, if you watch again I think you can find the proper justifications of so then there would be no need for a likely, for example acid was used against Neuman and it clearly didn't work that might be a likely for Homelander since he is more resistant than her, also I don't rember clearly but I think they might have stated it would not work on Homelander.
While it is a little bit of assumption, they can't find a way to kill Neuman, let alone HL, and HL needs a virus specifically design to kill supes to go hyperpandemic to kill him.

It's obvious they have no way of dealing with him, despite their equipment

While one can assume so, Neuman hasn't show all the same powers as Marie. Also, even though Gen V and The Boys have similar staff and are the same verse, some stuff doesn't translate so directly between shows (idk how to explain it, but supe feels different in Gen V).

Also, I think it's more logical that she can't kill him because he is too durable from the inside, rather that he flat out being blood bending immune (though, indirectly he might be lol). Besides, HL and Neuman seems to only consider headpoppinh as her power.
I see what you mean, but it is heavily implied that Victoria had the same powers as Marie, all of them.
Victoria asked Marie to use her blood enhanced senses to see she has V, and then she asked her to give her his knife to pierce her skin to use her blood telekinesis. This proves that Victoria already knew all of Marie's powers because she possessed them herself.

I see what you mean, but it is heavily implied that Victoria had the same powers as Marie, all of them.
Victoria asked Marie to use her blood enhanced senses to see she has V, and then she asked her to give her his knife to pierce her skin to use her blood telekinesis. This proves that Victoria already knew all of Marie's powers because she possessed them herself.
And she never used one other than Headpopping, not once. Even when facing Tony she went for popping his hand, and HL is confident she can't pop his head.

Not literally of course, but to an extent Gen V Vicky feels different then The Boys Vicky

Edit: I mean, i'll give Vicky Blood manip and likely info analysis on her profile anyways. But in the grand scheme of things, i think HL is just too durable ofr Neuman.
Could be proven wrong later, of course

Last edited:
Ehem, a rather small ability addition for Homelander imo can be adding Rage Power to his profile, seeing how he went from getting held down by Soldier Boy, Butcher and Hughie here (3:22 is the time), to overpowering all of them and escaping.

Ehem, a rather small ability addition for Homelander imo can be adding Rage Power to his profile, seeing how he went from getting held down by Soldier Boy, Butcher and Hughie here (3:22 is the time), to overpowering all of them and escaping.
Hmm, that's a good point actually.
Shouldn't Homelander be "At least" 8-A since he technically was unfazed by the explosion
🤷

I disagree with bulletproof (redundant), durability negation (it's just blood manipulation), and the completely speculative power-scaled resistances that have never been directly used on him.

Agreed

And she never used one other than Headpopping, not once. Even when facing Tony she went for popping his hand,
Because it is more effective and deadly

Everyone gets stronger in anger and Homelander is already stronger than them, I don't think HL needs rage power to accomplish this feat

Shouldn't Homelander be "At least" 8-A since he technically was unfazed by the explosion
Yes

and the completely speculative power-scaled resistances that have never been directly used on him.
The Super-Virus is the only thing in the Boys' arsenal that can affect Homelander despite the fact that they have poison, acid, sleep and electricity. It doesn't make sense if Homelander doesn't resist all of this.

I disagree with bulletproof (redundant)
Not really, but even then, redundant wouldn't be bad
durability negation (it's just blood manipulation)
Durability Negation literally has a type described that's it's "attacking internal structures" and he (and Soldier Boy) would have resistance to just attacks, and even, only 'limited', because if the person going for such attacks has comparable or weaker AP than 290 Tons, they wouldn't be able to harm HL's and SB's organs

Also, "it's just blood manipulation" make it sound like the Dura Neg was an oversell, but it is pretty limited, while I think Blood resist covers more stuff.
and the completely speculative power-scaled resistances that have never been directly used on him.
As I said, while it is based on an speculation, why would then everyone be so desperate to find a way to stop him? Willing to make and use a virus that kills supes? And not like, Butcher level of hatred of going full pandemic. Before that came off, the virus was in everyone's mind to kill him, nothing else.
And HL should be much stronger than Neuman, who the boys also failed to find a way to kill, even calling her 'invulnerable' (which, isn't literal, but you get the point).

The bulletproof feats can just go under durability, it conveys the same message and at most it makes the section slightly longer.

I disagree with namecalling the "likely" abilities because at that point you could list many more things. However, I believe a "Likely more (explanation)" would still communicate the info while not being overly specific.

Neutral on resistance to dura neg, and not having watched Gen V yet precludes me some context, I suppose.

The Super-Virus is the only thing in the Boys' arsenal that can affect Homelander despite the fact that they have poison, acid, sleep and electricity. It doesn't make sense if Homelander doesn't resist all of this.
He is fast enough to kill them all before they could draw a weapon. If "no one in the world could kill Homelander" is taken to its conclusion, then scaling him to nukes would be accepted.

The bulletproof feats can just go under durability, it conveys the same message and at most it makes the section slightly longer.
Maybe on a "feats list" then. Fair enough, I'll move it there and you guys can tell me if it looks good there.
I disagree with namecalling the "likely" abilities because at that point you could list many more things. However, I believe a "Likely more (explanation)" would still communicate the info while not being overly specific.
On the one hand, yes, but also, if guys with access to poison and acid can't find a way to kill him, and that's explained on the section, he kinda has those as resistances.
Also, Neuman is weaker and has acid resistance.
Neutral on resistance to dura neg, and not having watched Gen V yet precludes me some context, I suppose.
As I addressed in my previous comment, the logic comes from a resistance to damage to internal organs. That's it. I know it's sounds op to read "resistance to dura neg", but I think it's explained well to understand it doesn't come up often.
He is fast enough to kill them all before they could draw a weapon. If "no one in the world could kill Homelander" is taken to its conclusion, then scaling him to nukes would be accepted.
I mean, with that logic, then even the virus (prior to the pandemic reveal) wouldn't work, because they get blitzed because applying it.
And if they find a way to apply the virus, then they could've done that with Novichok for example. But they didn't, and they haven't for years.

That's never the issue, though. The Boys never conclude that "catching him" is the problem; it's hurting him. Homelander is implied by the verse and the characters to be just immune to anything they can throw at them; including the plethora amount of deadly gasses Frenchie can procure with a tin can and a sprinkle of pixie dust. Hell, they literally joke about this in the Season 4 Finale; with Frenchie having almost no equipment and a shitty lab and still being able to almost perfect the Supe virus.

Actually, on that note, the same could literally be said for Translucent. Instead of trying to gas him, Frenchie tries coating bullets in his skin to (literally) sticking a bomb up his ass.

That's never the issue, though. The Boys never conclude that "catching him" is the problem; it's hurting him.
Catching him has always been the problem. How often do the boys face Homelander in person? That they didn't gas Noir and Deep as well is not proof of resistance, but proof of lacking opportunity.

Catching him has always been the problem. How often do the boys face Homelander in person? That they didn't gas Noir and Deep as well is not proof of resistance, but proof of lacking opportunity.
No, catching him has never been the problem. They don't face him in person because they're not stupid; they don't have the means to kill him. Also, Noir and Deep is a different scenario. The Boys got ambushed at their own base, and most of their plans do not involve other members of the Seven most of the time; it's all just trying to kill Homelander.
If gasses or electricity would have worked, do you seriously believe that Butcher, on the height of his rampage against him, wouldn't have tried it? The narrative leaves us to literally only one conclusion; it wouldn't have done jack shit.

That is literally the reason Butcher pursued Stillwell; in an attempt to figure out a weakness, and believing that she was his weakness. Which, again, tells us that literally nothing Butcher or the CIA could precure wouldn't have done jack shit; not without risking the entire population of wherever-the-**** the show takes place with a nuclear response.

No, catching him has never been the problem. They don't face him in person because they're not stupid; they don't have the means to kill him. Also, Noir and Deep is a different scenario. The Boys got ambushed at their own base, and most of their plans do not involve other members of the Seven most of the time; it's all just trying to kill Homelander.
If gasses or electricity would have worked, do you seriously believe that Butcher, on the height of his rampage against him, wouldn't have tried it? The narrative leaves us to literally only one conclusion; it wouldn't have done jack shit.
Why don't they have the means to kill a flying hypersonic man that could super-sense any chemical attack before it comes and counter with one-shot laser vision? There might be reasons other than ambiguous resistances. The boys prepared for Noir in season 2 yet didn't use fire, even though Naqib and SB demonstrate he can be burned, furthermore M.M was ready to use adhesives on A-Train in the S1 finale showing they do prepare for other seven members. Mindstorm stunning Solider Boy + Cate mind-mashing Riordan proves this is not DBS where stats conquer hax.

Why don't they have the means to kill a flying hypersonic man that could super-sense any chemical attack before it comes and counter with one-shot laser vision? There might be reasons other than ambiguous resistances. The boys prepared for Noir in season 2 yet didn't use fire, even though Naqib and SB demonstrate he can be burned, furthermore M.M was ready to use adhesives on A-Train in the S1 finale showing they do prepare for other seven members. Mindstorm stunning Solider Boy + Cate mind-mashing Riordan proves this is not DBS where stats conquer hax.
Except that has never come into account during every single expedition scene the Boys have. It's never "how do we catch him?" it's "how do we hurt him?" Your argument would be the exact same in reference to the anti-Supe virus in Season 4, but the question was never "is he too fast for it?" it's "is he too durable for it?" Those other reasons are just icing on the cake.
Yeah, except Naqib didn't do jack shit to Noir. He took a fireblast that damn-near leveled an entire building point-blank, and absolutely murdered the guy who did it. Also, the fire wasn't what ****** up Black Noir; it was Soldier Boy literally bashing his brains out and splitting his skull into two neat halves. Black Noir has shown impressive regeneration; using something that hasn't been shown to work is redundant.
Yet, they weren't ready to use any of that on Homelander at any point in the series. Adhesives might work on A-Train, sure, but the entire conflict is how the **** do they actually kill Homelander. That is why when any of the Boys actually encounter him, the question isn't: can they kill him? The question is: can they survive him? Because we already know the answer to the first question; no they can't. They could throw their entire arsenal at him and Homelander could just stand there, smile, and turn them all into melted goop.

Homelander as a kid was experimented on by Vought to see if he has weaknesses, they tried extreme fire and more. I think its fair to say if Homelander had a weakness like that Edgar would have already tested and used it on Homie
Also, Edgar did not refute Butcher when the latter said Ryan was their only contingency against Homelander.

Except that has never come into account during every single expedition scene the Boys have. It's never "how do we catch him?" it's "how do we hurt him?" Your argument would be the exact same in reference to the anti-Supe virus in Season 4, but the question was never "is he too fast for it?" it's "is he too durable for it?" Those other reasons are just icing on the cake.
Yeah, except Naqib didn't do jack shit to Noir. He took a fireblast that damn-near leveled an entire building point-blank, and absolutely murdered the guy who did it. Also, the fire wasn't what ****** up Black Noir; it was Soldier Boy literally bashing his brains out and splitting his skull into two neat halves. Black Noir has shown impressive regeneration; using something that hasn't been shown to work is redundant.
Yet, they weren't ready to use any of that on Homelander at any point in the series. Adhesives might work on A-Train, sure, but the entire conflict is how the **** do they actually kill Homelander. That is why when any of the Boys actually encounter him, the question isn't: can they kill him? The question is: can they survive him? Because we already know the answer to the first question; no they can't. They could throw their entire arsenal at him and Homelander could just stand there, smile, and turn them all into melted goop.
The specific weapons proposed never come into account either. The only statements calling him invincible are clearly referring to conventional methods and nothing else.

Noir clearly had some scorch marks from the explosion and SB melted half his face with a burning vehicle.

There is not a single direct quote calling him immune to toxins, something that would be brought up if it was ineffective in particular. Wailing on him with everything wouldn't work because there is no possible way to get him in that position without being massacred instantly, not because of some unspoken immunity debunked by BCL Red's radiation threatening to burn his V out.

draw a weapon. If "no one in the world could kill Homelander" is taken to its conclusion, then scaling him to nukes would be accepted.
This statement can actually be used to give resistances to Homelander, but nukes do not apply in this statement because no one would use a nuke to kill Homelander (unless it's already the apocalypse)

There is not a single direct quote calling him immune to toxins, something that would be brought up if it was ineffective in particular.
This isn't brought up because it's obvious that Homelander resists it. Homelander who can die from a simple poison would be the stupidest thing and it would make the Super Virus completely useless.

Wailing on him with everything wouldn't work because there is no possible way to get him in that position without being massacred instantly,
Homelander doesn't have 360 degree vision, you can get him in his blind spots by throwing poison or acid or even shooting with a syringe of poison or halothane with a gun (something Frenchie and Butcher planned to do btw). You can also poison his food with odorless poisons.

not because of some unspoken immunity debunked by BCL Red's radiation threatening to burn his V out.
It's debunk nothing, Homelander is just afraid of power nullification

This statement can actually be used to give resistances to Homelander, but nukes do not apply in this statement because no one would use a nuke to kill Homelander (unless it's already the apocalypse)
This is cherry picking.
This isn't brought up because it's obvious that Homelander resists it. Homelander who can die from a simple poison would be the stupidest thing and it would make the Super Virus completely useless.
This isn't brought up because the resistance is total head-canon fan fiction. Soldier Boy being affected by drugs proves any writing blind spot is on the table.
Homelander doesn't have 360 degree vision, you can get him in his blind spots by throwing poison or acid or even shooting with a syringe of poison or halothane with a gun (something Frenchie and Butcher planned to do btw). You can also poison his food with odorless poisons.
Homelander has x-ray vision and enhanced hearing to sense people he can't see.
It's debunk nothing, Homelander is just afraid of power nullification
It debunks everything if his body cannot resist radiation poisoning, because a vague immunity to unconventional harm is the basis of this thread.

Back