• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Black Swordsman vs The Successor

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
Thought it'd be fun to have an Overwatch vs Berserk match...

Speed unequal

Both 9-A

Start in the Roman Colesseum 10 meters away

Doomfist: 0

Guts: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Okay so...

AP/Dura: Doomfist takes this solidly, .23 Tons vs .04, almost a 6x advantage

Speed: Both are Mach 6, funny how that works out lol

Stamina: Guts, though its unlikely that stamina would play a major role here

Range: ~Equal, Doom's page is outdated atm but his energy attacks have a canon range upwards of 30 meters, though both are more likely to stay in mid to close range anyways

I mean hey, it ain't like this kinda AP difference ain't what he's used to lol

Siggghhhhhh

Welp, your right I guess. I will assume Guts possesses Dragon Slayer and his Arm Cannon? As in, this is Post-Eclipse Guts.

Siggghhhhhh

Welp, your right I guess. I will assume Guts possesses Dragon Slayer and his Arm Cannon? As in, this is Post-Eclipse Guts.
Yeah, they help with the AP difference and everything. Also gives Guts a chance to not get his skull rearranged by a gauntlet the size of his torso

Eh, I'll wait for Weekly to give his analysis first(or you since I know you do Overwatch shit or literally anybody who knows jack about Overwatch) and respond accordingly.

I'm actually not too far into Doomfist's skill list, so yeah Weekly is gonna have to handle that.

I can however go over some standard tactics for Doomfist, namely the usage of his gauntlet, which he is going to be using all the time, whether to close distance from range spam seeing as he doesnt have anyting to yeet at Guts to deal with his range, and the fact he likes to grab with it, and seeing as Guts is Superhuman and thus below Class 5, that's surprisingly effective.

And the other thing he'll do is, obviously, punch with it. Punch with the skill of every African Martial Art at his back for the bare minimum of his skill scaling, but still punch. Punch the ground to bring rock up. Is something else he's done
What is exactly guts gonna do here? Tank 1 or 2 hits and go down?
You realize Guts deals with that kind of AP difference regularly right?

That to, its gonna be like two unstoppable forces slamming into eachother
Doom could also just, like, attack the ground below Guts, knocking enemies into the air so they cant avoid him is one of his main tactics

Also, even if he blocks the attacks with his sword, Doom's punches would still launch him back

You realize Guts deals with that kind of AP difference regularly right?
The only times I remember him dealing with that kind of AP difference he was out of commission without any chance to fight back.

So yeah, while he deals with stronger opponents on a daily basis this is just way too much.

Doom could also just, like, attack th ground below Guts, knocking nemies into the air so they cant avoid him is one of his main tactics

Also, evn if he blocks the attacks with his sword, Doom's punches would still launch him back
I'm pretty sure that would catch guts no times, maybe all of once if Doomfist is lucky, because Guts won't be doing nothing in the time it takes for Doomfist to give the people's elbow. also he's never done it in the fight he had the gaunlet on-screen

Obviously lol

I wasn't arguing that would save Guts. I just said he could block the attack with Dragon Slayer lol.

Guts can't fight mid-air in this key. He only gets that kind of acrobatics in his Black Swordsman key. And while Guts deals with heavy AP advantages, this one borderlines on a one-shot advantage with no way for Guts to amp himself to reasonably close it, so... yeah.

If Doomfist is already close enough to successfully uppercut Guts in the air Guts has already lost, should I give him prior knowledge of the Gauntlet's capabilities?

If Doomfist is already close enough to successfully uppercut Guts in the air Guts has already lost, should I give him prior knowledge of the Gauntlet's capabilities?
I mean what would giving Guts prior knowledge change?

Sure, he knows about it, but it's so strong he's got no way to actually stop it. It's pretty much a Zodd situation all over again lel.

I mean what would giving Guts prior knowledge change?

Sure, he knows about it, but it's so strong he's got no way to actually stop it. It's pretty much a Zodd situation all over again lel.
The fact he knows to use Dragonslayer's range to his advantage cause he can actually harm Doomfist and I'm pretty sure he couldn't harm Zodd

The fact he knows to use Dragonslayer's range to his advantage cause he can actually harm Doomfist and I'm pretty sure he couldn't harm Zodd
He always knows to use Dragon Slayer's range to his advantage. He's done it before, he doesn't need prior knowledge to do that, and it still wouldn't change much.

He did harm Zodd, thing is he can't harm Doomfist much. And him actually harming Zodd is either an outlier or PIS since Zodd is 8-A and Guts at the time was 9-B.

Cause Zodd was able to match Guts in Human Form on the hill of swords, said Guts being in his Black Swordsman iteration.
Ah, right. But didn't Zodd almost immediately went for his apostle form? Iirc guts was overwhelming him and Zodd had to use the swords laying around to get an edge.

Maybe he was overwhelmed but that doesn't mean he doesn't scale somewhat. Guts didn't just stomp him, after all.

Back