• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Making this since the other one is not even close to being finished.

So, we used to have the "multilingual" ability or something like that but I guess it got yeeted and adapted into the intelligence department so here it goes:

Demons in DMC should have this since they can speak the human language (which is pretty much anything in the human's capabilities).

In DMC there is also this character name Arkham who is a scholar and found a certain book that incorporates many ancient languages and systems To the point they are more like concepts that can't be expressed in words alone. This was written either by demons or humans who worship evil (and ofc use demon's form of communication in it) to depict everything they knew about the old world (demon world) the tower (The Temen-Ni-Gru) and about demons themselves (as Arkham got a lot of knowledge about them because of it).

This book took Arkham years to decipher. In the manga Vergil gets a hold of the book and is unable to read it at first and then after a few hours he is able to understand its meaning and where the seals are (which only arkham knew previously for obvious reason).

If multilingual is still there then I guess it can be added if not it goes to the intelligence section for demons in general.

For reference here's the intelligence page (Idk this probably fits within either gifted or genius).

Last edited:
Seems okay at a glance, for the demons that are at least smart enough to utilize this (Obviously includes the higher-tiered idiots).

Damn, dmc demons can cuss me out and I won’t even know? This verse is gonna be way too overpowered. I disagree with the upgrades cuz we gotta keep it fair to other verses.
Sounds like a heart felt agree to me lol

images_2.jpeg

That should be fine, although certainly not to demons who can't speak. If demon language is essentially made of abstract concepts that should further support all the conceptual information from Peak of Combat. Vergil figuring out in a few hours what took a genius scholar like Arkham years is also a good accelerated development feat for Vergil and Dante's intelligence.

Last edited:
Seems ok for me the OP proposals.

Oh, yeah, my bad. I didn't clarify enough but it's basically all the demons that speak the human language (so no lesser/animalistic ones)
Some lessers demons like Sid can speak human language tho, we also have some low tier demons in the anime that can talk with humans, and some animalistic ones like Shadow despite not having the ability to speak can still undestands what V and Griffon said.

So, it should be a case by case thing tbh.

Regarding Sid, he is highly intelligent. He outwitted Baul, Modeus, Dante, Nina, and all the other demons who wanted Abigail's power. And Brad, he was shown to be clever as well, as he was the one who helped the butler prepare the way for Belphegor's arrival.

Well, thing is, if there are demons that don't fit on this ability, and indeed some of them can't, it shouldn't go to the Physiology page and thus should be added on their each profiles

We need to take a look at the current ones that we have and list who fits

The vast majority of demons fits that ability, so it should go to physiology page regardless since majority of Mid Tier demons in the series can speak human languages easely. Every single game in the séries we have Demon Bosses speaking with humans.

Just make a minor note that only demons that can speak and undestand get that in the page.

I don't know if intelligence can be listed under physiology though.

Okay, which mid tier demons would it not apply to? Nightmare obviously but he is something different. Apart from Nightmare, Leviathan and Gigapede (two of which are known to be artificial while the third is more like an animal and probably isn't mid tier), the bosses all talk except the ones in DMC2, and that was probably because the devs couldn't be arsed to hire extra actors or write extra lines.

Damn, dmc demons can cuss me out and I won’t even know? This verse is gonna be way too overpowered. I disagree with the upgrades cuz we gotta keep it fair to other verses.
You say that as if Bayo doesn't have 1B looming over in the distance and Kratos a new game ready to buff him

LOL

Demons natural form of communication incorporates many ancient languages and systems to the point they are more like concepts that can't be expressed in words alone. (Code 2: Vergil. Pages 56-57) A scholar on the dark arts took around 10 years in deciphering this language. (Code 2: Vergil. Pages 60-61) Demons can speak the human tongue (which involves all human languages). Vergil (a half demon-half human) only needed a few hours to understand the text and know the locations of the seals of the Temen-Ni-Gru. (Code 2: Vergil. Pages 98-99)

Something like that, of course the stuff inside the parenthesis is the references of the pages and the volume of the manga. This ofc goes to basically every demon that isn't mindless. Shadow for example can comunicate with griffon and understand V's commands despite its animalistic behavior, it just can't speak.

Last edited:
Back