• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter if it's magical in nature it is made out of plasma and the Spell Breaker completely nullifies lightning attacks, which are plasma.

Considering these images

1348713-ray spheredasd
Dddddasdasdas

And this statement

"First glimpse of a device Kessler calls the "Ray Sphere". It's about the size of a basketball and appears to be structured from two halves that are connected via an array of electrical cables and silicon boards. An unknown object occupies its center. At first glance, it looks like a bomb of some type."
— John White on the Ray Sphere and what is looks like.
The Ray Sphere could cause devastating explosions, destroying 5 or 6 blocks in the Empire City Blast. The Ray Sphere converts Non-Conduit humans into electric energy and then transfers that energy into the nearest Conduit.
taken from the wiki.
It is very heavily implied that it is.

1 it is not made of plasma

2 as for your point on spell breaker blocking lightning it blocks the lightning due to it coming from a spell even though the lightning is the same it is still from a spell which is the reason spell breaker works on it

TacticalNuke002 said:
Conduit abilities are equalised to magic nevertheless.
Conduit abilities are from a gene there is no reason for them to be equalized to magic

Well I know nothing of this verse I just used the wiki, you are welcome to show me how it isn't made of plasma.

Actually yes it does since lightning made by magic is actually just that, lightning, which is made out of plasma.

Paul Frank said:
1 it is not made of plasma

2 as for your point on spell breaker blocking lightning it blocks the lightning due to it coming from a spell even though the lightning is the same it is still from a spell which is the reason spell breaker works on it
2. Lol no. Its like saying it can block magical lightning but not real lightning.

Ogbunabali said:
Well I know nothing of this verse I just used the wiki, you are welcome to show me how it isn't made of plasma.

Actually yes it does since lightning made by magic is actually just that, lightning, which is made out of plasma.
The fact that it has no properties of plasma, burden of proof is on you, I cannot prove a negative

Lightning produced by magic is magic

I actually did you just dismissed it.

And no it is not, at least not in TES lightning produced by magic is literal lightning.

Reality Warping (All Magic comes from the act of an individual exerting changes upon reality in accordance to their Will)

taken from the very profile that is used here.

Schnee One said:
The fact that it has no properties of plasma, burden of proof is on you, I cannot prove a negative

Lightning produced by magic is magic
There's literally a quote that explains how shock spells and lightning are the exact same thing.

Considering in lore spellbreaker is said to be capable of even silencing mages I'm more inclined to believe that it's sort of messing with the reality warping that creates the lightning

Of course this would be near impossible to show in game play so they opt for showing the spell hitting the shield

That's just my take on the shield from my knowledge on TES though

@Schnee

Actually, natural lightning in Elder Scrolls is magical lightning. They are one and the same, as the universe is made of magic and is sustained by it.

Ogbunabali said:
I actually did you just dismissed it.

And no it is not, at least not in TES lightning produced by magic is literal lightning.

Reality Warping (All Magic comes from the act of an individual exerting changes upon reality in accordance to their Will)

taken from the very profile that is used here.
Ray Sphere=/=Beast, so yes I dismissed it

Fair enough

It isn't tho. That is because Spell Breaker is a metaphysical artifact belonging to the Daedric Prince Peryte, which has the power to completely nullify, magical and magic implications(which lightning falls under), but also has the power remove curses and silence mages on top of plethora of other abilities.

Anyway, I'm unsure if this is a hax stomp since it seems Beasts attacks get nullified off the bat before getting haxed to death

But I'll argue that another day, Dova FRA

After my vacation, I will create a thread explaining the spatial manipulation used by mook mages and how they can use BFR to Oblivion. This thread is closed

Okay so if he actually does have his smurf gear, Dovahkiin stomps via the beast being completely unable to do anything

If he doesn't, he gets RSBd

... does the beast even poop

... Also why do I keep getting myself in these conversations

Yeah this thread got weird and it looks like I missed all the good stuff

Fus Ro Dah FRA

A little side not: the Ray Field Blast is NOT plasma, idk where they notion is even coming from. If you actually played the game, you'd know that's it's a blast of radiation/energy known as Ray Field radiation, an in-universe radiation that is the fuel for genetic mutations and what activates the Conduit gene, giving Conduits their powers. It also causes the development of the Ray Field Plague in those not carrying the Conduit gene.

Don't trust the inFamous wiki, it's been vandalized to hell and back

The Ray Sphere isn't really shown to be radiation tho, see my post above. They even use terminology as "the Ray Sphere plague" or "disease" which is terminology not commonly used when talking about radiation, rather they use something like radiation poisoning. Very rarely they use the word radiation, altho it seems like it's only radiation in name nothing more. But like I said I know nothing of the verse this is all from the wiki, videos I watched and quotes, unless someone can show it isn't plasma. If it looks like plasma, acts like plasma, is described like plasma it probably is plasma.

Ogbunabali said:
The Ray Sphere isn't really shown to be radiation tho, see my post above. They even use terminology as "the Ray Sphere plague" or "disease" which is terminology not commonly used when talking about radiation, rather they use something like radiation poisoning. Very rarely they use the word radiation, altho it seems like it's only radiation in name nothing more. But like I said I know nothing of the verse this is all from the wiki, videos I watched and quotes, unless someone can show it isn't plasma. If it looks like plasma, acts like plasma, is described like plasma it probably is plasma.
It's never described as or acts like plasma though like ever to my knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back