• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing Digital Circus General Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

Alright, I think I'm finished with the Caine's profile. Any general thoughts on it before I published it?
I don't know why any of these things would be void manipulation.

The void is a place of non-existence, so the dark place with the carousel is just a dark place with a carousel.

Making doors that lead to the place called void or entering and leaving it is dimensional travel.

About Cain building there, it really depends, it would only count if he distorts his own doing or if he is the creator of everything in the digital circus.

I don't know why any of these things would be void manipulation.

The void is a place of non-existence, so the dark place with the carousel is just a dark place with a carousel.

Making doors that lead to the place called void or entering and leaving it is dimensional travel.

About Cain building there, it really depends, it would only count if he distorts his own doing or if he is the creator of everything in the digital circus.
Idk I'm not the one who added Void Hax in the first place, it was @James_Plays_4_Games

The ability is listed as "Spatial Manipulation and Void Manipulation"; the dark place with the carousels only indicates the former, since it seems to be bigger on the inside than on the outside. If this wasn't clear enough, then it should be edited to clarify it, but not removed completely. Additionally, the place with water automatically had the water kept inside the room even when the door was opened, which also seems to be spatial manipulation. Caine presumably built these rooms, and if not, then he has control over them due to being in control of almost everything in The Amazing Digital Circus.
Making doors that are attached to no wall yet lead to elsewhere appears to be spatial manipulation in general, no matter where the doors lead to, since the phenomenon links two separated spaces. I think that being able to use spatial abilities like this one in the void counts as void manipulation to some degree, if The Void is literally nothing. However, if it's just empty space, then this doesn't count as void manipulation.
If The Void is literally nothing, then it practically being a blank canvas of Caine's for him to create things in means he has void manipulation. In concurrence with his other abilities, he would be starting with nonexistence and then creating code that shapes his reality. However, if The Void is just empty space, then what it means to Caine wouldn't be different from his other abilities that are already listed and described.

The ability is listed as "Spatial Manipulation and Void Manipulation"; the dark place with the carousels only indicates the former, since it seems to be bigger on the inside than on the outside. If this wasn't clear enough, then it should be edited to clarify it, but not removed completely. Additionally, the place with water automatically had the water kept inside the room even when the door was opened, which also seems to be spatial manipulation. Caine presumably built these rooms, and if not, then he has control over them due to being in control of almost everything in The Amazing Digital Circus.
Why are you mentioning spatial manipulation when I only mentioned the void ability?

Making doors that are attached to no wall yet lead to elsewhere appears to be spatial manipulation in general, no matter where the doors lead to, since the phenomenon links two separated spaces. I think that being able to use spatial abilities like this one in the void counts as void manipulation to some degree, if The Void is literally nothing. However, if it's just empty space, then this doesn't count as void manipulation.
Making doors that take you to another place is just portal creating, it's a skill that uses spatial manipulation but it's still a separate thing.

So making doors lead from one place/dimension to another is just that.

If The Void is literally nothing, then it practically being a blank canvas of Caine's for him to create things in means he has void manipulation. In concurrence with his other abilities, he would be starting with nonexistence and then creating code that shapes his reality. However, if The Void is just empty space, then what it means to Caine wouldn't be different from his other abilities that are already listed and described.
A place that has nothing and a non-existent place are totally different. The page itself says that an empty space is not manipulation of the void.

The carousel place is just a dark dimension with a carousel. And the Void despite its name, there are things there, like those lights themselves.

The only thing that refers to the manipulation of the void in the justification is Cain saying that he is going to build things there, which in addition to having the problem of not really being a void, we don't even know how Cain would build it, whether it's just putting things there or changing that place.

So I really don't see any manipulation of the Void

Why are you mentioning spatial manipulation when I only mentioned the void ability?
I wrote why in my answer. What you addressed as just void manipulation here is actually "Spatial Manipulation and Void Manipulation" and is actually only meant to be proof of the former, not both. If it's accidentally misleading to put the information this way, then it should be re-organized. I wasn't trying to make the profile claim that the room with the carousels had nonexistence in it. Obviously, the room could simply lack brightness.
Making doors that take you to another place is just portal creating, it's a skill that uses spatial manipulation but it's still a separate thing.

So making doors lead from one place/dimension to another is just that.
Yeah, that would work better. 👍
A place that has nothing and a non-existent place are totally different. The page itself says that an empty space is not manipulation of the void.
Yes, I described that this is something I should think about.
[…] And the Void despite its name, there are things there, like those lights themselves.

The only thing that refers to the manipulation of the void in the justification is Cain saying that he is going to build things there, which in addition to having the problem of not really being a void, we don't even know how Cain would build it, whether it's just putting things there or changing that place.

So I really don't see any manipulation of the Void
That's right, it indeed might not be a true void. However, it's not truly possible to literally visually represent nonexistence. If the light particles were absent from The Void, then one could still argue that it's not a true void because of the shade of grey existing there, the digital aesthetic being present in the background there, and that the capability of producing sound in there. If those three aforementioned factors were absent, and The Void were just a location of pitch black or white, which would still qualify as a shade existing there but whatever, then the mere factor of characters made of matter being applicable within The Void would imply that space is there, thus making it not a true void, unless any characters who enters it has the supernatural ability to avoid this being a problem. Of course, we don't know whether the characters' bodies are applicable with true voids or The Void just isn't a true void. Anyway, where do we draw the figurative line for what counts as a true void and what counts as empty space? I get the impression that The Void is portrayed as legitimate nonexistence to some extent, at least in a programming kind of way. I guess we'd have to wait and see if more information gets provided about this.

New stuff about episode 2!

GLITCH's community post:
hmm... something's missing

LF-5SbayULLJ_EjznfxA_umcS4mLnUhWy-smtraOyYL8laHhcqVU48WpGtrKSi5_IgmI-LqwVQFG=s640-rw-nd-v1

Gooseworx's Twitter Post:

Gooseworx's Tumblrs 1 and 2:

---

Not sure how many have picked up on it yet, but love that it felt like a homage to Evangelion next time vibes, Man I'm so psyched to see. Man I still can't get over how estatic iam, an it looks absolutely amazing. I'm making sure to set my calander dead on the very second it airs.

Automatic translation says:
"We were invited to the preview screening of The Amazing Digital Circus EP2! The sign of the pop-up store Aishiniki, which also has photo spots such as "Life-sized Pomni" and "Kafumo's Crazy Room", is hidden #TADC #AmedigiPopup👀"

In my personal opinion, glad to see TADC's popular in other countries, too.
Would this affect the calculations (the Pomni statue is life-sized)

Would this affect the calculations (the Pomni statue is life-sized)
Uhhh, maybe?
But how tall is the IRL statue?? Do we have a way to figure that out? It's based on Pomni's canon height, but is that known?
& if it's known without already knowing the size of the statue, what's the point?

Back