• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos With The Gauntlet Vs Giorno With GER?

But Giorno Will Use Gold Experience Requiem. And Gold Experience Requiem Will Reverted Thanos With The Infinity Gauntlet Back To Ôêà

EmperorDoom25 said:
GER cant even react. He needs to manually activate his ability with a thought
Ger is actually automatic, no need for input from Giorno, as shown in its very first usage against Diavolo

Okay, I don't know how fast Thanos is in the comics, since i've only seen the movies, but i'm just going to assume that he's incalculably fast thanks to manipulating space and reality with the Infinity Gauntlets, but even then, Thanos wouldn't be able to land a hit on Giorno with Golden Experience Requiem.

Hear me out, in the fight with Diavolo, who was in a space of erased time from his stand, which by the laws of stand abilities only he could possibly see and move around in, his fist was stopped mid-swing by Golden Experience Requiem busting through reality to personally tell Diavolo how none of his attacks will work, and that he will never reach the climax of any of his actions, while Giorno himself was still unable to become aware of this space of erased time, and then everything rewinds to neutral.

So, with that in mind, even if Thanos swung an immeasurably fast punch at Giorno, Golden Experience Requiem would freeze his actions, and then rewind him, since the first example of Golden Experience Requiem rewinding time was when he completely interrupted an enemy within their OWN separate-dimension-like space of erased time where it was absolutely impossible for anyone else but King Crimson and his user to interact with, so I think Golden Experience Requiem's trigger to rewind an action surpasses time and space.

But with that in mind, the Infinity Gauntlet also surpasses time and space, along with the other forces represented by the stones, so theoretically, Thanos could overlap Golden Experience Requiem's alterations with his own, but that's tricky, since there's not really any definitive way to know which reality-altering force would be able to "overpower" the other to forge their own reality.

The case could be made that Thanos wouldn't even know to try and out-do Golden Experience Requiem at reality manipulation because Thanos wouldn't even be aware that Golden Experience Requiem had done anything, since everyone, Giorno included, just lives in the reality that Golden Experience Requiem rewinds back to neutral, no living thing besides Golden Experience Requiem even aware that there was a future-time that was rewound back to the recreated present. The only reason Diavolo was aware of Golden Experience Requiem's alterations was because Diavolo was already in a space of altered time, and thus the two abilities clashes and were visible to each other.

But that's tricky, since we are dealing with a being that has control over literally every kind of force, so it could be reasoned that Thanos would already have used the Mind and/or Soul stone to attune himself to already perceive everything that could possibly be hidden from him, such as Stands, and Golden Experience Requiem altering time, in which a repeat case of Diavolo would occur, Golden Experience Requiem directly explaining to Thanos how none of his actions towards Giorno would ever reach their climax.

While Thanos has control over everything, he wouldn't really be able to use his powers. If Thanos tried to erase Giorno, Golden Experience Requiem would freeze him, and then rewind before he could snap his fingers. If Thanos tried to turn Giorno's limbs into jelly with the Reality stone, Golden Experience Requiem would rewind before he could make it so. If Thanos tried to mind-control Giorno with the Mind stone, Golden Experience Requiem would still rewind.

This entire fight hinges on which power would overlap the other. Golden Experience Requiem overlapped and rewound King Crimson's similarly space-time altering abilities, rendering them ineffective, but i'm also sure that there's at least one example of the Infinity Gauntlet overpowering some cosmic, reality-altering being's powers to the point of redundancy.

Even in the theoretical situation of Golden Experience Requiem overlapping any time-space altering event Thanos could bring about, there's still the issue of Thanos being much, much faster than any of Golden Experience Requiem's punches, and even if Golden Experience Requiem landed a blow that'd make Thanos's brain slow down, Thanos's durability wouldn't let Golden Experience Requiem so much as bruise him.

So when it comes to Golden Experience Requiem vs Comic Thanos, it's a weird stalemate of neither being able to do anything to each other, unless Thanos's Infinity Gauntlet's space-time alterations surpass that of Golden Experience Requiem's.

Now if it was Golden Experience Requiem vs Movie Thanos, Golden Experience Requiem's relatively insane striking speed would overwhelm the titan, but his still impressive durability (which didn't let The Hulk's punches even break the skin) wouldn't be too threatened with Golden Experience Requiem's strength, but maybe the sheer number of punches would add up and actually damage him? And with just one hit, his mind would slow way down, basically putting him out of the fight for as long as Golden Experience Requiem is punching him, which would be as long as until his body would eventually break under the relentless punching.

In summary, Golden Experience Requiem vs Comic Thanos is a stalemate unless Thanos's reality altering abilities overlap that of Golden Experience Requiem's, and Golden Experience Requiem vs Movie Thanos is a win for Giorno, since I believe that he'd be albe to at least land one hit on Thanos, and that'd be it for the mad titan.

Thats not really how it works

GER cant even react to Thanos' abilities (let alone affect him), and if GER dies, Giorno dies (GER cant undo his own death, unless proven)

Thanos would already know about GER's ability before the battle even starts thanks to his Precognition. Then he uses some haxs and destroys

EmperorDoom25 said:
Thats not really how it works
GER cant even react to Thanos' abilities (let alone affect him), and if GER dies, Giorno dies (GER cant undo his own death, unless proven)

Thanos would already know about GER's ability before the battle even starts thanks to his Precognition. Then he uses some haxs and destroys
I'm not doubting that Thanos would be able to know everything about Gold Experience Requiem with the mind/soul stone, and I don't doubt that Gold Experience Requiem's theoretical death would also kill Giorno, but I still don't believe that Gold Experience Requiem wouldn't be able to react to Thanos, seeing as his prime example of reacting to an attack was when Giorno was trapped within a space that he himself couldn't possibly become conscious in or be able to react in any way, but Gold Experience Requiem still popped up besides that and stopped King Crimson mid-swing, all while neither Giorno or Gold Experience Requiem should at all be able to move/think in such a realm of erased time. No matter how incomprehensibly fast Thanos is, or what kind of attributes he puts on himself to try and make him completely undetectable, Gold Experience Requiem would be able to stop him, and rewind whatever offensive action was attempted before any desired result could occur. Thanos couldn't do anything to kill Gold Experience Requiem without being able to somehow out-hax Gold Experience Requiem's ability to undo any action done towards Giorno or Gold Experience Requiem before it reaches its end result.

Like I said, even if Thanos used the stones to try and hax against Giorno in any way, Gold Experience Requiem would rewind the action right before the intended effect would occur, leaving Giorno untouched and the fight back to neutral.

Gold Experience Requiem's entire ability is not letting the enemy do anything against him, so I still don't see how Thanos would be able to disable Gold Experience Requiem's whole ability, since there's no strong evidence implying that Thanos could overlap Gold Experience Requiem's hax with a "stronger" hax, since we've already seen Gold Experience Requiem completely overlap and nullify King Crimson, who arguably had the most hax ability ever seen in JoJo besides Gold Experience Requiem.

All I know is that Gold Experience Requiem has a definitive feat of overlapping someone's else's stupid-strong hax, so I don't think Thanos out-hax's Gold Experience Requiem without a solid argument or evidence as to how and why, but like I said in my original comment, i'm sure there's at least one example of Thanos out-doing some reality warping being with the stones, which leaves two characters known for ignoring their opponent's abilities because their own hax abilities surpass anything else seen in their respective universe.

With both known for overlapping other people's crazy strong abilities, all I see here is just a stalemate of Gold Experience Requiem rewinding any possible attack Thanos could use with any of the stones, and Thanos being more than capable of enduring any possible attack Gold Experience Requiem could make.

Comic Thanos, no questions asked. The important part is that on Thanos article, it says all previous abilities to an unfathomably greater extent. What this tells us is that Thanos can also use Reality Warping. GER would be powerless against what Thanos can do in terms of Reality Warping because if Thanos make it where that he is immune to GER's abilities (which even then I don't think Thanos needs to go that far), GER cannot do anything against that. That's with the Cosmic Cube- with the Infinity Gauntlet, it's to a far, far greater extent that I doubt GER will be able to do anything against it.

Thanos stomps if it's Comics. Dunno about MCU, but if we go by logic, aka what's being said on the Cinematic Universe Wiki, Thanos would technically be at least 3-A/High 3-A to Low 2-C, if not higher since it grants him, and I quote, "Nigh-Omnipotence" with the completed Infinity Gauntlet. It also therefore grants him every ability seen used with the Infinity Stones (i.e. Precognition because Doctor Strange used it moments before the Battle on Titan) and technically the ability to tempt and manipulate other's minds and such, meaning in theory, Thanos could just snap and randomly wipe out Gio before the battle even could go down. Either that, or GER attacks Thanos once, he realizes that GER's dangerous, then snaps him away. That's my opinion, though.

@Yakushimi

We are talking about Comics Thanos. MCU Thanos gets stomped. 3-A/Low 2-C Thanos is absolute wank based on his shown feats. Nigh-omnipotent statement is a hyperboles and just means that he is way more powerful than any other then known being of MCU.

Yeah I think we all agree MCU Thanos has gets soloed with negative difficulty, but Comics Thanos can manipulate reality on a universal scale with the full gauntlet. GER got absoulutely finnessed by TWOH, which Thanos also stomps.

Also Thanos has some tasty precog.

Back