• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well Thanos has the crazy power advantage, but WG has more hax than him by a long shot.

Barricade and Immortality can buy time for the WG to siphon Thanos' soul and/or steal his power with Curses. Resonance can stall for the other two abilites to be usable again and Anticipation can help him dodge attacks with its precog.

I think that WG takes this 7/10. Thanos could indeed win if he lands a hit on WG when his abilities are down, but as long as WG is careful he should take this.

Incomplete gauntlet = what? How many stones in it?

Also mfw I read WG page (large Country level AP). I'd also complain about WG using the Staff of Armadyl, but Guthix used that sword as a farmer, so I'll let that slide.

@Ghostly

WG is 6-A to 5-B with the Staff of Armadyl. And what's wrong with him using it? He gets it and uses it to kill Sliske in Sliske's Endgame.

If Thanos is in character, it's plausible that the WG could kill Thanos I guess.

Because WG powers don't protect against anything here (Neither Thanos nor his Infinity Gauntlet, with/without the stones are divine/godly), Thanos can pull off anything he wants w/o it being blocked by WG power. IE, toss the WG into the sun, time freeze (QBD does this on the player, WG or no), etc. Basically, Thanos could easily kill the WG, but if the movie is anything to go by, he wouldn't do so, not unless it's life threatening.

Till then, it's a physical brawl using the stone powers. Deflect Magic does nothing (possibly could help vs a pure power attack?), but Deflect Range/Melee could help even the odds - considering both regular Jad and Obsidian Jad (they can OHKO players, but Protection/Deflection prayers heavily negate their attacks AND reflect some damage back). Prayer flicking between SS and Deflect curses while using T99 leech curses could actually make this a thing.

Inb4 Runescape pulls a Fortnite and throws in Thanos as a ingame boss

That being said, each stone individually could easily **** over the WG: Power Stone OHKOs by sheer power (this is a thing ingame too, bosses can do it all the time), Space stone can BFR (player can counter this by teleporting back, though their teleports are limited to set locations, they can teleblock Thanos and very theoretically themselves), Reality stone could negate the WG's equipment, Soul stone could counter Soul Split & possibly OHKO WG if the page info is accurate, Time Stone does time stuff (WG has NO COUNTER to time manipulation, as seen with Queen Black Dragon's timefreeze attack as well as the Celestial Dragon's special effects)

But of course, all of that means nothing, nothing at all...

DEATHTOUCHED DART INSTAKILL FTW BOYS, DOING WHAT THOR CAN'T DO

@Assaltwaffle

It's really just me nitpicking the details.

1. Apparently the WG no longer has possession of it

2. The WG kills Sliske by impaling him on it. I seriously doubt that this is the way a user would access the Elder God power within it. Sliske using it to kill Guthix would be a more likely example of proper usage, but then again, the true use of it was to fuse elements (proper use isn't for combat) and apparently it boosts magical and defensive abilities of the user. Why not use it as a cudgel I guess...

That tidbit also weakens (minorly) how the stat boost affects the WG: WG power explicitly dampens the effects and powers of divine entities. Kerapac uses this effect to have the WG drain a bit of the Elder Gods curse on Strisath - which works, if only a little and for a bit of time.

Edit: For clarification: Guthix, as a mortal with no combat experience whatsoever, used The Blade, an elder god tool, to kill a god. As such, basically anyone can use elder god artifacts, though perhaps not to the full extent of its powers. This is basically what I was focusing on in regards to the WG: they can use the Siphon, but they might not be able to use its full power - especially considering their lack of experience of using it. Sliske, with his own powers and presumably some tinkering, had plenty of time to figure out how to draw power from the staff. The same might not be said for the WG.

TDLR: WG can probably get stat buffs from the Siphon, but whether they can use the Siphon's elder god power inside is questionable because they didn't have much time with the Siphon.

@Ghostly

We never really see Thanos use the Time Stone outside of rewinding to prevent Vision from dying, so I'm not sure how he'd apply it in combat.

I'm not really comfortable with accepting the Deathtouched Dart as something WG has normally. It isn't a special weapon in lore and what resists it is just arbitrarily assigned. It seems like the DT Dart is just pure game-only and I don't think it can be used.

Even if the WG doesn't currently possess the Staff (which is annoying, since a random JMod wrote-in a massive piece of lore that needs to be explained in-universe) we still do count one-off powerups or forms on profiles. So this is basically "WG after he fought Sliske but before he lost the staff".

Well we don't really know the full potential of the Elder Artifacts. I don't think the WG's divine energy dampening aura would do that much to the Elder Artifacts considering how much more powerful they are than a lingering curse on the Dragonkin. However, I think it's reasonable to assume that WG would have somewhat comparable control over the SoA to someone like Zamorak, who used the Stone of Jas (which WG was able to properly harness in the same manner as Lucien), which would justify his current tier with it.

Well, basically all the uses I gave for each stone are a bit of a stretch; what Thanos could do vs what he would do make for very different outcomes. Pretty sure Thanos can probably do everything Dr strange can do with the time stone, possibly more. Whether he would do so is another thing altogether.

The Deathtouched dart was a joke. It would be hilarious what the player could do if it was allowed though.

And I'll accept the last two points you make.

Now, what will happen when Thanos recognizes the WG as a threat and actually tries to kill the WG? The WG can only carry so much gear with them, it's bound to run out - assuming Thanos doesn't reality stone warp the gear into toys.

Assaltwaffle has resigned btw. Whether they'll still be around is unknown.

Time to trash this thread's discussion and wank everything lmao

Seriously though, I'd say to respect their vote to WG even if they're gone, unless new stuff/insight/a new quest comes out on RS comes into play.

Inb4 I manage to make Deathtouched Darts a thing and beging wanking, hard.

I'm more leaning towards inconclusive, as we don't really know too much of Thanos's capabilities with the IG, and quantifying the WG's powers is even harder.

Edit: Basically, much of what we have are assumptions and theories. We're guessing at what Thanos can do, and trying to figure out how the World Guardian's abilities outside of RS.

Back