• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos (Marvel Comics with Infinity Gauntlet) vs Eru Iluvatar (2-3-0)

These reasons for Eru are awful

You guys literally voted based on Erasure and that's it

So what we have here is this

Eru wins via the song and it's concept manipulation, however Thanos may or may not precog him first and seal him. However, I have remembered one thing that I'd like Eficiente to hear. Eru's song (Ainulindale) is a seemingly endless song. Eru existing in a realm where time flows from the first chord to the last or Eru implies Eru's song is always and everything, from the beginning and forever. Would Thanos be able to act before a song which is constantly in motion from before the battle even starts himself to into the fight in which Eru can destroy his concept?

Doesn't Eru need to like...

Think of the song or sing it?

Because if so, Thanos can just think himself

It's tricky. Eru's 'song' is a song which while he does sing it, he doesn't need to really think it if that makes sense. He basically forms all that is the LOTR universe in an instant then sings the song of Ainur to form or alter concepts. So it's pretty much instantaneous

Eru currently posses 90% of Thanos' powers except for sealing. Even if Thanos did seal him, there is no reason to think he couldn't break out of it by destroying the concept of sealing.

@MasterOfArda I feel like we aren't following the same thread here, Eru having the same powers Thanos has is not the same as having the same scale on them, and you don't win battles by having more powers anyway. You affirm as a fact that Eru could break out of being sealed but he has no Resistance to it, meaning that he doesn't. He's not going to destroy the concept of anything while not being able to move and think.

What about Eru's Causality and Fate Manipulations? I didn't see Thanos having any abilites that could counter these, nor does Thanos posses these abilites from what I read

And also quoted on this site: https://vardasvapors.home.blog/tag/...-a-branching-fork-1-3-free-will-or-something/ The Valar can move forward or backward in time in their thoughts, at *any speed they desire*, though the future is limited with them. However, it is not limited with Eru, because he already knows his designs and his creations, and possesses all their abilities and powers, which he granted to them in the first place (power bestowal) --> "All that was past they could fully perceive; but being now in Time the future they could only perceive or explore in so far as its design was made clear to them in the Music, or as each one of them was specially concerned with this or that part of Eru's design, being His agent or Subcreator.".

I would pick Eru for this one he basically just sing thanos to death,if Thanos want to kill Eru he should go first to the timeless Hall and to the void which I think he can't move on timeless Hall which mean everything in that hall suddenly Stops for there is no time in there and thanos can't even use his gauntlet (I think) cause in order to use it he needs time to move and accelerate and think or use gauntlet but in order to go through Timeless Halls he needs to go through to the Void which he would suddenly cease to exist.Its not that Eru are the one who will attack first but In order to know who will win which universe are their in MCU, Comics or lotr? Or just in the middle of unknown Universe.

mate you are about a year too late thanos is now low 1C meaning he is too far beyond eru for this to be a fair fight since now even the best of eru's hax don't even work no more

Please can you give me a site I know I'm late but I'm being fair here because there is no source outside tolkein verse that's why I'm using Tolkien verse to prove Eru can beat Thanos,Also can you give me a site I have lots of work to do.

Um, this fight was made back when IG Thanos was 2-C.

IG Thanos is now Low 1-C and solos the tolkein verse.

IG Thanos resists time stop, conceptual hax, and pretty much everything useful from eru and now he can think and seal the whole multiverse

Back