• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos (Marvel Comics with Infinity Gauntlet) vs Eru Iluvatar (2-3-0)

What have you brought unto this cursed land?

Will come back later but so far I'm thinking Thanos could one shot since he's miles above the 2-C Abstracts whereas Eru scales from being immensely above Low 2-Cs

Thanos definitely has the AP advantage

Eru's song would put Thanos down without a doubt though. His concept manip is far too potent for Thanos to handle. The snap might kill Eru? Not exactly sure

Hellbeast1 said:
What have you brought unto this cursed land?
Will come back later but so far I'm thinking Thanos could one shot since he's miles above the 2-C Abstracts whereas Eru scales from being immensely above Low 2-Cs
"but a small realm in the halls of Eä, whose life is Time, which flows ever from the first note to the last chord of Eru"

It's basically what happens first IMO. The song conceptually destroys Thanos but I think Eru can die to EE. Eru should in all honestly always lead with concept Manip theoretically. Does Comics Thanos lead with the snap?

I checked and literally every power that Thanos has (Excluding hacking) Morgoth has, and therefore Eru posses. The only way Thanos can even affect him is by hacking him to death. Not gonna happen.

Oh wow ok, I thought he should of but apparently not.

I mean, Thanos does have an AP advantage and could probably win, it's just Eru does 9,999/10,000

I'll take your vote for Eru

"9,999/10,000." I think more than that. Thanos may have an AP advantage bu Eru is non-corporal. I doubt he can even hit Eru.

Thanos failed to seal Odin. Plus, he sealed by creating a block of energy. I think Eru could break out of it. If he even needed to because Thanos can trap someone with a body. Eru does not have a body. I'm pretty sure Eru horribly stomps every single 2-C, including Thanos, from just how many resistences he has.

People is voting too early seeing how no one asked the important questions. How good is Eru's precog and what can he do against one that works on those with Immeasurable speed?

Yeah sure it's always the same, you need to prove it as his profile doesn't. "Resistance to Morgoth's powers" is already vague, but looking at Morgoth's profile, when did he timestop those with Immeasurable speed? When did he sealed many 2-C at once? And this is all ignoring that, if "Eru is invulnerable against all his attacks" then this is a stomp and voting is not the way.

Thanos with IG2019
You didn't even read his profile properly. Someone already told before that that was Base Thanos but you didn't checked afterwards.

My bad. I didn't realize Thanos with the infinity gauntlet has another feat. But unless I misunderstand, he simply entrapped their bodies and negated their powers to keep them there. But Eru resists power nullification.

I said the same wrong thing on a Kirby vs Janemba thread, you would need to resist sealing, no a power that may or may not be that power. + that is still vague as you aren't saying the degree of the power nullification, not that it matters.

Sealing should work on Eru. He doesn't resist it.

However, Eru's song conceptually beats Thanos plus Thanos IIRC doesn't lead with sealing most of the time

He did so with the Cosmic beings upon going serious. Nebula, who was stated to be notably less capable with the IG, was also able to seal them, with Thanos saying that anyone would have eventually win against them with the IG.

True, but Eru also leads with Conceptual Manipulation at all times. Thanos does kinda have to go for sealing first because most other options Eru does indeed resist.

So personally I think while Thanos can win, it's just more likely Eru does

Then, going back to my first question, how good is Eru's precog and what can he do against one that works on those with Immeasurable speed? How does Thanos doesn't see his fight with Eru as a repeating loop he already lived several times? How does he not know he's going to lose the power of the IG against Eru from the moment he got the Time stone? (That last part isn't in his profile but is something he knows)

IIRC It comes from knowing everything that will happen in the LOTR universe before it happens. It would also be superior to Morgoth's in every way, including his 2-C, immeasurable form as well.

Next to the info in his profile I will say that this isn't enough to be comparable to Thanos, and that the latter holds a big advantage because of this.

Thus I vote Thanos via precog and sealing or other powers that may work.

I mean, would precog stop Eru's concept manipulation? Knowing it will happen doesn't mean Thanos can necessarily stop it in time. Pretty sure his concept manip is almost thought based

? He already lived this fight several times, assuming he can't attack him before the battle even starts, he will certainly do so as soon as it starts.

If not then I will ask for a proper elaboration as to why.

As soon as it starts it good, but does that beat near thought based concept Manip? Or atleast near instant concept Manip?

Yes, unlike the movie version he can use his powers with mere thoughts without needing a positioning of his hand or something.

Thanos might have lived through the fight several times, but Eru knows just as much. And even if he was sealed, Eru could destroy the concept of sealing. In addition, Eru is much stronger than the Valar, who sealed a very powerful 2-C.

Then prove it. Arsenal said he knows everything that will happen in the LOTR universe before it happens, which is far less than what Thanos knows. How does Eru keep his awareness while sealed? Why would Thanos seal him if that makes him lose the fight? How is Valar sealing a very powerful 2-C comparable to Thanos sealing many very powerful 2-Cs as shown in his profile?

Back