• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos and Adam Warlock Keys CRT

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
So, I am planning on starting to work on Thanos and Warlock, but I noticed something... The two of them would require at least 5 keys each - without power-ups like IG, that is. They go through steady power and personality progression across the series and get a lot of new abilities and resistances - which need to be indexed properly. But currently, Thanos have too many amps which we currently list, so the page will end up with like 10 different keys. And warlock also gets amps in comics, so he will need some extra ones too.

Thanos: classic | post resurrection | post infinity gauntlet | herald of death | post Thanos Imperative | post god Quarry | current
3 - c | 3C | 3c, 2c at peak | 3c, 2c at peak | 3c, 2c at peak | 2c usually, 2a, possibly low 1C at peak | unknown, at least 3C (Apparently they nerfed his current version for Eternals. And butchered his lore.)
Adam Warlock and likely Magus too: Keys: him | first life | post soul gem | post infinity gauntlet | quantum warlock | return to classic Warlock (name in progress lol) | current
3c | 3c / 3c/ | 3c, 2c at peak | 3c, 2c with prep | 3c, 2c at peak | at least high 6C
As you can see, they require a lot of keys to consider their power mechanism and shit properly. And this isn't even taking into account their amped forms, like with IG, etc, etc.

The problem here is, there are too many keys, so I have the following proposals;
  1. The two of them lose their amped keys. Yes, they are important and all, but they can be indexed on the weapon pages. We just need to make a page for the heart of the universe and another for the astral regulator thing.
  2. Their files get split into two different ones - one base, and the other with amps. Now, this is extremely unusual and I don't think has been done with anyone else but ig worth a try.
  3. Their files get split, but anime style. So, like how we have Goku DBZ and DBS, we could do the same with these guys, but honestly, I wouldn't really recommend it. Since their base forms and their power mechanism changes regularly so that will be hella confusing.
  4. Or they keep all their keys, which... will be a lot.

I need to figure this out, like what to do with his keys and stuff before even getting started on revising. As it will be hella complicated then.

For the record, this won't affect their profiles right now - so these keys won't be added in rn. Just need to figure out what we need to do with their pages when it comes to amps.

Hmm, if it comes to option three, then it will would likely be something like this;

Thanos/Warlock Classic and Modern.
Classic would cover until IG and post would cover anything after it.

That's the only place I can probably break them up.

I just thought it would be more consistent since these ******* stick together like twins most of the time lol

But with Thanos, I can also split him off after he becomes deaths herald

I am personally fine with if we get rid of the amplification keys, as they did not last for very long, can be covered in individual item/weapon pages in most cases, and it seems weird to create extra pages based on external power-ups alone.

In my view the amps can either be covered in their own page with weapon stuff or they should be separated. Worst comes to worst we could always just make some user's tab for those items and list notable wielders of the stuff.

My issue isn't with the amount of keys so much as it is with the fact that we're indexing an excessive amount of them for something that does not represent their individual capabilities whether through natural abilites or standard equipment, but instead via one off power ups induced by an external item that has nothing to do with either character. It's the same issue I have with several characters having Phoenix Force Keys for something that happened for essentially a hot sec that is not otherwise associated with their character. I think we're best off treating this like we did with Kitty Pryde's 3-C key (at least from what I recall from that)

While I don't disagree with removing their amped keys, it is also extremely important to their character and lore and both has been shaped by it greatly.

Warlock, for example, soul gem is an integral part of his character and power mechanism.

But either way, I am not opposed to getting rid of event power ups in general. Phoenix give don't deserves those keys, especially at those wanked ratings.

Oh that's my bad I didn't register that we were including Warlocks Soul Gem key in that list (or that that was even a seperate key from base 😨)

My issue isn't with the amount of keys so much as it is with the fact that we're indexing an excessive amount of them for something that does not represent their individual capabilities whether through natural abilites or standard equipment, but instead via one off power ups induced by an external item that has nothing to do with either character. It's the same issue I have with several characters having Phoenix Force Keys for something that happened for essentially a hot sec that is not otherwise associated with their character. I think we're best off treating this like we did with Kitty Pryde's 3-C key (at least from what I recall from that)
While I don't disagree with removing their amped keys, it is also extremely important to their character and lore and both has been shaped by it greatly.

Warlock, for example, soul gem is an integral part of his character and power mechanism.

But either way, I am not opposed to getting rid of event power ups in general. Phoenix give don't deserves those keys, especially at those wanked ratings.
Agreed.
Oh that's my bad I didn't register that we were including Warlocks Soul Gem key in that list (or that that was even a seperate key from base 😨)
I don't think we can do that as a separate key, so it needs. To be merged with his second or third incarnation key.
Yes, the Soul Gem is not a temporary power-up. He has had it for extensive periods of time.

I think that would likely turn far too messy.

Option 3 seems the best overall then. Split modern and classic into different files like we do for a lot of anime and whatnot characters

Yeah, I think the tabber for each key looks pretty bad on Shoto’s profile, I’d rather not do that with even more profiles.

Well, I still think that the temporary power-up items should have separate pages and not be listed in the main profiles.

The thing is, those pages for the gauntlet and cosmic cube aren't really good either, they are pretty bad. And I dont want to fix that either. So...

But I am fine with removing external power ups for almost all characters. Aside from someone like Jean Grey.

Meh I mean stuff like Infinity Gauntlet and Cosmic Cube should stay on the page regardless, they're important to Thanos' iconography.

I still don't think splitting the page for Thanos is entirely unreasonable, it's just neater indexing and Thanos has a blatant point of distinction.

Yeah, him and warlock can be split off at multiple points, so it's easy.

But either way, I am fine with either option 3 or losing amped keys.

Well, I much prefer if somebody improves on the existing power-up item pages and creates a few new ones as well if necessary. It shouldn't be more work than creating extra character profile pages.

Keeping all of the regular character statistics in single pages is also more easily overviewed.

It shouldn't be more work than creating extra character profile pages
Except, when making character pages, we do it for characters we enjoy. In this case, we have to read through some god awful stories with some really god awful characterisation. And trust me, its not fun.

I could cover most IG stuff, sure, but not touching anything post 2010s. Cosmic cube... Nope.

Back