• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos and Adam Warlock Keys CRT

Okay. I know the feeling. The quality has almost completely turned to disrespectful trash since Sana Amanat started to make most of the editorial decisions.

Would anybody else here be willing to handle it please?

Can somebody remind me what has been accepted to be applied so far here please?

Option 3 is the only doable one tbh, rest are confusing
Option 3 is probs the best, but not really sure how it’d work.
Hmm, if it comes to option three, then it will would likely be something like this;

Thanos/Warlock Classic and Modern.
Classic would cover until IG and post would cover anything after it.

That's the only place I can probably break them up.
I might as well go for Option 3 then. split them into classic and modern files
3rd option.
Though it's not even that many keys to begin with.
Looks like the consensus at the time favored Option 3 of splitting Thanos between his Classic and Modern iterations, with the cutoff point being The Infinity Gauntlet storyline.

Okay. Thank you for the information.

Wasn't there some discussion about getting rid of the out of continuity keys for very brief power-ups as well, or did we discuss that in another thread?

Relatively irrelevant amps like the Heart of the Universe and the Astral Regulator were agreed to be separated into their own weapon profiles, while the IG and Cube should stay on Thano’s main page due to being very major.

Meh I mean stuff like Infinity Gauntlet and Cosmic Cube should stay on the page regardless, they're important to Thanos' iconography.

I still don't think splitting the page for Thanos is entirely unreasonable, it's just neater indexing and Thanos has a blatant point of distinction.

Okay. That seem like good ideas to me.

Could we have all of the keys on one page, but use tabbers to switch between his "base" keys and his "amped keys"? So instead of having 10 tabbers, we have two tabbers with a few keys on each.

Could we have all of the keys on one page, but use tabbers to switch between his "base" keys and his "amped keys"? So instead of having 10 tabbers, we have two tabbers with a few keys on each.
Well, I think that it is better to remove the Heart of the Universe and Cosmic Regulator keys entirely. The former has been stated to not be a part of continuity by Tom Brevoort, and the second was from a story that blatantly did not fit in at all with established continuity. In addition, the power-ups did not last for long enough to be included according to our rules in this regard.

I think both of them are very important for him though. The HoTU story is stated not to be canon, but that's directly contradicted by the 2003 Thanos story directly referencing that event multiple times.

Yes, but that was just Jim Starlin not caring about how much he screws up continuity and characterisation for everybody else as usual. Officially the story is not a part of continuity according to Marvel's editorial department, so it is at least very ambiguous, and the cosmic regulator definitely isn't part of regular canon.

Looks like the consensus at the time favored Option 3 of splitting Thanos between his Classic and Modern iterations, with the cutoff point being The Infinity Gauntlet storyline.
Relatively irrelevant amps like the Heart of the Universe and the Astral Regulator were agreed to be separated into their own weapon profiles, while the IG and Cube should stay on Thano’s main page due to being very major.
Would somebody here be willing and able to handle this please?

@Maverick_Zero_X @MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer @Oliver_de_jesus @ObberGobb @SuperAPM @LordTracer @Confluctor @Eficiente @MarvelFanatic119 @Qawsedf234 @Firestorm808 @Kulf_Boba

I disagree with splitting off HoTu and Astral Regulator, but if it's already been agreed upon that's fine. I think I'm good with the profile split for Thanos though. What would the keys look like on each profile?

I unfortunately do not remember anymore, but maybe you will find information by reading through this thread and other threads that it links to?

OP only lists non-amped tiers, but mentioned that there would be 10 altogether including amps. If HoTU and Astral Regulator are off the table, I guess there'll be 8.

I think the keys will be something like:

Classic | With Cosmic Cube | Post-Resurrection | With Infinity Gauntlet

Post-Infinity-Gauntlet
| Herald of Death | Post-Thanos Imperative | Post-God Quarry | Current

Okay. I suppose that seems to make sense.

Just to let y’all know, Confluctor has informed me on Discord that he probably won’t be coming back to the wiki.

Oh. I am very sorry to hear that, as he was a very helpful and productive staff member. 😟

Just to let y’all know, Confluctor has informed me on Discord that he probably won’t be coming back to the wiki.

Darth-vader-noooo-gif-4.gif

I would appreciate if somebody suitable would be willing to try to convince him, as we need his help.

OP only lists non-amped tiers, but mentioned that there would be 10 altogether including amps. If HoTU and Astral Regulator are off the table, I guess there'll be 8.

I think the keys will be something like:

Classic | With Cosmic Cube | Post-Resurrection | With Infinity Gauntlet

Post-Infinity-Gauntlet
| Herald of Death | Post-Thanos Imperative | Post-God Quarry | Current
So about this...

Back