• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanatos and Hypnos revision/upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Thanatos (Saint Seiya) and Hypnos (Saint Seiya)

Currently placed as "At least 3-B"

Okay. There is some flaws in here:

Pegasus Seiya is rated as 3-A with Miracles as a Bronze Saint. Thanatos toyed with the 5 legendary bronze saints in Gold Armor (contextually speaking, each of these saints in gold armor should be far above the Seiya who performed the 3-A Miracle). Moreover, 3 Gold Saints together (who are weaker than the 5 Im talking about) can perform a 3-A feat aka Athena exclamation. Thanatos destroyed 5 of said Gold Saints with utter casualness.

Also, it must be noted that an athena in her sacred armor (2-C Athena) was afraid of engaging both Hypnos and Thanatos at the same time during Lost Canvas.

Lastly, Radamanthys during LC tanked the Zodiac Exclamation (which is above the Athena exclamation) with little to no injury after being empowered by a bit of Hades' blood. However, this wasnt 2-C Hades, it was Hades in his 3-A body. What Im trying to say here is that our current scaling puts "small drop of Hades' vessel" above Thanatos and Hypnos in their true bodies (and its also shown in LC that each one of them is far above a Golden Saint when inhabiting a vessel).

Going by this, I propose the next changes to their profiles:

At least 3-B in a vessel (stronger than Gold Knights, should be comparable to Saga's Galaxian Explosion).

High 3-A, possibly higher in their true bodies (Should be stronger than Radamanthys, who is stronger than the Zodiac Exclamation. Overpowered the 5 Legendary saints even after they burned their cosmo to their utmost potential and caused fear in a weakened full armored Athena, slightly weaker than God Cloth Seiya for Thanatos, comparable to God Cloth Shun for Hypnos).

Well, thoughts?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yeah they are ridiculously low-balled and is all of Saint Seiya.
Oh boy. Does this mean even more upgrades for the Saint Seiya cast?

I realize that the Low 2-C rating is pretty made up. Maybe a At least 3-A, possibly higher is enough. Athena was weakened after fighting Hades and Low 2-C was the most sensible lowball I came up with.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yeah they are ridiculously low-balled and is all of Saint Seiya.
I mean, yes. The fact that we have Athena exclamation > Thanatos and Hypnos is enough proof of that lol

Heck, going by the profiles Shaka alone can obliterate both Thanatos and Hypnos.

To make matters worse, Thanatos wasnt oneshot by Seiya after he acquired the God Cloth. He was defeated easily, yes, but this was a serious Seiya in his God Cloth, the fact that Thanatos didnt instantly disappear is enough to proof that 3-B is simply downplay.

Well, do you think the changes in the OP make sense?

Hypnos (LC) was resisting the supreme technique of Hakurei Altar,
Seki Shiki Tenryō Ha vs Hypnos.jpg 5
Seki Shiki Tenryō Ha vs Hypnos.jpg 6
Sekishiki Tenryou Ha, Hakurei had to combine the power of his soul with the soul of the other saints to overcome the God of sleep.
Sekishiki Tenryou Ha:To activate this technique, the user must be able to deploy a high-powered Cosmos that allows him to break the laws that govern the Underworld. Therefore, the one who uses the Seki Shiki Tenryō Ha can bring to him the souls and the Cosmos of the dead, freed from the norms established by Hades. All these Cosmos are then concentrated in a ball of energy with a potential of phenomenal destruction.

Hypnos(true body)>>>>>>Hypnos(LC)
Seki Shiki Tenryō Ha vs Hypnos.jpg 2
Seki Shiki Tenryō Ha vs Hypnos.jpg 4
Seki Shiki Tenryō Ha vs Hypnos.jpg 7
Seki Shiki Tenryō Ha vs Hypnos.jpg 8

Lost canvas: Among the souls of the saints invoked by Hakurei were several golden saints of an ancient generation including Sage cancer, Hypnos was holding the enormous sphere of power with only one hand, Thanatos had his soul torn out by Sage and Manigoldo by the technique Seki Shiki Meikai Ha lower technique to Seki Shiki Tenryō Ha. The sleep barrier created by Hypnos puts any mortal who enters his sleeping area, this barrier can only be overcome by the arrow of Sagittarius only when used by the Sagittarius Sisiphos himself, this is a weapon with Athena's blessing. Hypnos is also the ruler of a whole dimension that is the World of Dreams (Yumekai).

Saint seiya online:Hypnos managed to avoid Shaka's Tenbu Horin teleporting Thanatos did not.

Classic: Hypnos he showed himself physically much superior to Shun god cloth, he defeated the saint with his Hax in single hit, Shun is affirmed by the Saint Seiya encyclopedia as the Saint with the greatest occult power (cosmos), all five bronze saints had to elevate your cosmos to the maximum, only thus it is possible to evolve the cloths to God cloths. Hypnos was only defeated by the combination of the powers of Hyoga and Shiryu both wearing their god cloths.

For me it is quite obvious that Hypnos should be treated as someone superior to Thanatos the God of sleep is very powerful. Thanatos should be considered at least superior to an Athena exclamation.

Looks like Matt will never get the chance to do the revision he plans due to all these CRT's...

Terrible providence of Thanatos (lc) is superior to Saga's galactic explosion.

Terrible providence LC
Terrible providence LC.jpg 2
Terrible providence LC.jpg 3
Terrible providence LC.jpg 4
Terrible providence LC.jpg 5
Terrible providence LC.jpg 6
Terrible providence LC.jpg 7
Terrible providence LC.jpg 8
Sage needed to interfere by protecting Manigoldo Cancer, the Kyoko (Pope) was using Athena's talismans power to suppress the power of Terrible Providence, Talismans have enormous power. Without Sage's interference, Manigoldo would have been torn to shreds

I support this... It makes sense to have them upgraded.... Having them equal to even Top tier Gold Saints is weird... There is a lot of revisions for saint seiya that needs to be done imo... Also, Episode G Assassins Characters need separate profiles imo. ..

Yes, Hypnos is shown to be > Thanatos in raw power.

Though, it must be noted that when they reached God Cloth, Seiya was shown to be the strongest of the gang.

Actually, screw that, 3-A is already a tremendous low ball.

Thanatos and Hynos should scale to the God Cloth saints.

In other words, High 3-A is a better approach.

Thanatos was owned hard because he was careless, Hypnos was telling him to act carefully.

I would agree with the opinion about Thanatos being careless, the problem is that Thanatos in all works demonstrates a level lower than Hypnos in every respect with the only exception in the destructive power but as we all know Hax almost always overcomes destructive power here is not different. Difficult to defend an equivalence between them when Hypnos is simply always superior!

Well, you see, Hypnos was overwhelmed by seiya too. But seiya didnt want to fight him and hurried to save athena.

To be fair, i think they just didn't get their moment to shine... Maybe Episode G Assassins will do them better justice....

Either way both should be considered at the least universal level in their original bodies. In human host bodies at least multi galactic levels. In my opinion they should be considered Universal +, both are superior to gold saints, there are several golden saints that reach universal level.

I guess there is enough support for this.

I'd like Matt's final saying.

DrunkHC said:
Saint seiya online:Hypnos managed to avoid Shaka's Tenbu Horin teleporting Thanatos did not.
They were only the projections of thanatos and hypnos. it would be a beautiful outlier if shaka alone could tantamount to his powers and be defending of his barrier your attacks, just like the two gods = athena's exclamation, which would be absurd. There they were both a projection of soul, or using some receptacle. however, one notices this when they did not kill the golds casually, as much as they did not prevent the MC from picking up the hammer and attacking the surplice of hades.

Hm... is anyone skilled at handling edits? My computer makes me crazy whenever I try to edit pages.

We'd just need to split the profile into two keys:

In a vessel | True body

1) At least 3-B
(Superior to Gold Knights, should be at least comparable if not superior to Saga's Galaxian Explosion)

2) Likely High 3-A (Superior to Radamanthys after he was empowered by a drop of Hades' blood, capable of destroying 5 gold armors after the five legendary bronze saints burned their cosmos to their utmost limit, capable of inducing fear in a full armored Athena), in Thanatos' case we'd add "slightly below God Cloth Seiya" and in Hypnos' "comparable to God Cloth Shun".

I just watched the anime episode of the God cloth awakening. Hypnos says something like "Even with God cloths you are no match for me" when he was fighting hyoga, and shiryu. The only reason they won is because "same move will not work twice."

Archaron said:
They were only the projections of thanatos and hypnos. it would be a beautiful outlier if shaka alone could tantamount to his powers and be defending of his barrier your attacks, just like the two gods = athena's exclamation, which would be absurd. There they were both a projection of soul, or using some receptacle. however, one notices this when they did not kill the golds casually, as much as they did not prevent the MC from picking up the hammer and attacking the surplice of hades.
In Saint Seiya Online is Thanatos = Athena Exclamation. Hypnos does not attack and Tanathos is the only one that attacks with his cosmos against the Gold Saints. And Thanatos only uses a simple ray of cosmos not his most powerful attack.

Only Thanatos attacks:

Saint Seiya Online - Thanatos vs AE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back