• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This would only apply to those who have weapons that can vaporize people and maybe Saxton Hale but anyway about an hour ago I made this calc and it got accepted by Psychomaster35. Just came here to check if there are any problems with this most likely it would be the scaling to hale that causes the issue so let me explain real quick

Hale should scale to these weapons since he was able to gore a yeti which was said that nothing on Earth could kill it and I believe that the vaporization weapons were used to get the 9-A value for him before they were buffed recently but yeah if there are any problems put them here

So if anyone is there tell me if I'm reading this correctly

Since characters get killed by the cow mangler in a couple of shots which results in overkilling their body they can't scale to it

so my logic for Saxton scaling to it is being just far superior to the mercs and the yeti who was stated "nothing on earth would be able to stop him" he's able to gore these things very easily and even caused the extinction of them

I also tried to calculate the cow mangler vaporizing cows and got roughly 1 ton of TNT, will move to a blog soon

Yeah sure after I get done with my schooling and hoping I still have enough energy I’ll make a calc for the manmelter atomizing mvm robots since it should be able to do that in game

Well actually I’m in a study hall so I should be able to just type it here and post it to my blog adding links and the such to it

Since the manmelter is directly stated to be capable of “atomizing moon soilders and neighborhood dogs” then it should be capable of doing the same thing to the robots in mvm

Using the soilders body volume found by rtxgamer (wiki name the thegatememer) that being 62,000 cm^3

Atomizing steel is 59526.65 j/cc so

62,000 *59526.65 = 3690652300 joules or 0.882 ton of tnt Neato! (Gonna need to find or make a clip of making use of the manmelter in mvm) or maybe I just wasted my time since human atomization is higher

I moved this thread.

It also seems to make sense to me, but more input first would be preferable.

We don't assume weapons that vaporize targets have as much blunt force trauma as its thermal energy. And tanking said weapons would at best be heat resistance as opposed to durability as me, Abstractions, Dargoo, Bambu, and several others brought up numerous times.

Also, the 9-A upgrades came from other calculations not related to Cow Mangler's vaporization calculation, such as big explosions from rocket launchers and Scout's durability feat after a long discussion.

Medeus makes good sense to me. Thank you for the evaluation.

Should we close this thread then?

I think you should wait for some people to respond before closing the thread, just my opinion tho
also while the cow mangler might not scale to anyone physically it should at least scale to the other vaporization weapons

Eh I think the cow-mangler has some blunt energy in it due to being able knock back opponents with it’s blast (even with the charge shot which sets people on fire) and it can still be used to rocket jump with

weapons based on heat in tf2 don’t act like this so it isn’t really game mechanics if we look at the dragons fury this thing has no knock back to it with the main burst of fire so the vaporization could be blunt damage

Yeah, I'll wait for more input, and I wasn't denying that Cow Mangler has blunt force trauma, only that there should be evidence that it has as much overpressure as it does thermal energy. In all explosions, there is as much thermal energy as their is blunt force trauma, but the same doesn't automatically apply the other way around. And it does do less damage than the rocket launcher rounds which were calculated in the 9-B to 9-A range; though Cow Mangler's blunt force trauma should still be somewhere within that range.

Yeah, I'll wait for more input, and I wasn't denying that Cow Mangler has blunt force trauma, only that there should be evidence that it has as much overpressure as it does thermal energy. In all explosions, there is as much thermal energy as their is blunt force trauma, but the same doesn't automatically apply the other way around. And it does do less damage than the rocket launcher rounds which were calculated in the 9-B to 9-A range; though Cow Mangler's blunt force trauma should still be somewhere within that range.
I did a bit more research into the weapons from the update that involve Dr. Grordbort it's stated "not only kill but disintegrate them" for the cow mangler which implies that it would overkill a person or Oneshot them that's about it these items descriptions the righteous bison is stated to be "Indivisible Particle Smasher" here which could mean that the energy from the vaporization of foes could actually be physical? maybe?

So if anyone is there tell me if I'm reading this correctly

Since characters get killed by the cow mangler in a couple of shots which results in overkilling their body they can't scale to it

so my logic for Saxton scaling to it is being just far superior to the mercs and the yeti who was stated "nothing on earth would be able to stop him" he's able to gore these things very easily and even caused the extinction of them
7-B saxton hale

Thermal Energy is technically "Physical" in a sense as that's an extremely general term. But heat and force a physical in different ways. But anyway, the very definition of thermal energy is the kinetic energy of atoms and molecules; but it doesn't necessarily mean it generates force or pressure. And most every day human bodily fluids are producing 9-B levels of thermal energy if we got too literal.

But on topic, "Particle smashing" is often used as a slang for producing super heated plasma; since plasma has very fast particles in it due to its sheer heat. Which is consistent with the idea of it being a raygun. And rayguns are still typically mostly heat rather than force. Not to mention, the same article still considers it lightweight.

Anyway, I suppose I'll ping some people familiar on previous threads. @Abstractions @Rtxthegamer @Amelia_Lonelyheart @EliminatorVenom @Sir_Ovens Do you have any thoughts on the thread?

Last edited:
Thermal Energy is technically "Physical" in a sense as that's an extremely general term. But heat and force a physical in different ways. But anyway, the very definition of thermal energy is the kinetic energy of atoms and molecules; but it doesn't necessarily mean it generates force or pressure. And most every day human bodily fluids are producing 9-B levels of thermal energy if we got too literal.
One thing about that, it really would only be 9-B if it could produce those energy levels within one second (That's how watts work), not overtime.

The person who said this isn't knowledgeable on the experimental weaponry Mann Co. has, no reason to assume it scales to that.

I have no stake on the Manmelter or Cow Mangler as long as they aren't being used to scale to anyone.

The person who said this isn't knowledgeable on the experimental weaponry Mann Co. has, no reason to assume it scales to that.

I have no stake on the Manmelter or Cow Mangler as long as they aren't being used to scale to anyone.
Ah ok then meh but now I have a different question

Previously I believe you know that atomization was once believed to be the same as “quantum disentanglement” but recently it was discovered that the man melter was stated to “atomize moon men and neighborhood dogs at your earliest convince” could we possibly scale this to the other weaponry that are capable of doing the same effect of as this one and furthermore can we apply this atomization to the cow mangler for that city-block value from being able to do that to a cow

Eh, I don't have much to add here, I second DDM's opinion:

But on topic, "Particle smashing" is often used as a slang for producing super heated plasma; since plasma has very fast particles in it due to its sheer heat. Which is consistent with the idea of it being a raygun. And rayguns are still typically mostly heat rather than force. Not to mention, the same article still considers it lightweight.
Basically my opinion on this too.

Which's a shame, I'd love to scale gameplay to the mercs, but apparently that ain't the case.

Previously I believe you know that atomization was once believed to be the same as “quantum disentanglement” but recently it was discovered that the man melter was stated to “atomize moon men and neighborhood dogs at your earliest convince” could we possibly scale this to the other weaponry that are capable of doing the same effect of as this one and furthermore can we apply this atomization to the cow mangler for that city-block value from being able to do that to a cow
I wouldn't scale all of them to the Cow Mangler, no. If some weapons only vaporize and some atomize there's still a clear difference in what they do.

I wouldn't scale all of them to the Cow Mangler, no. If some weapons only vaporize and some atomize there's still a clear difference in what they do.
Alright i can see that since they have different effects when killing opponents so I guess no chance for using cow atomization

currently, the highest number we have for soldiers is cow vaporization which is 1 ton it shouldn't be a stretch that what it does to humans it would do the same to cows

and highest for pyro is 1 ton as well for atomizing humans

the rest should scale to soldiers or at least for vaporizing bots which is at .71 tons

does that look fine to get some buffs to these weapons?

I think that's the logic pretty much just direct scaling unless if the vaporization weaponry can scale to soilder's cow vaporization

Back