• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

tesseract mcu upgrade

Like this dude wants to debunk this so bad and defend surtur that he doesn’t even make sense the cube took the full ap simple as that there shouldn’t be anything to argue
Dude, I'm saying Surutr didn't even really destroy Asgard through a conventional attack, but sure.

Well, we know how much energy Hulk can generally pack into a punch, so the insignificant portion would be the energy that traveled trough the air.
Just stop, if you know the "insignificant portion" was released into the air how can you possibly say the tesseract only took a fraction of the attack? If something this shows the "insignificant portion" was what destroyed Asgard.

The tip hit the cube dead center and kept going all the way until it hit the ground you’re spouting nonsense now Asgard blowing up doesn’t make it take less the strike that blows Asgard up in the first is what it took then it survives the destruction of Asgard on top of it
Of course, the Tesseract took the blow and Asgard did not in fact blow up. The explosion that did not happen which did not dwarf the Tesseract also only hit the Tesseract because that is how an explosion works.

What even is surface area. When Thor blew up Sokovia, he was hit by the explosion, so he also experienced the totality of it. (example)

Of course, the Tesseract took the blow and Asgard did not in fact blow up. The explosion that did not happen which did not dwarf the Tesseract also only hit the Tesseract because that is how an explosion works.

What even is surface area. When Thor blew up Sokovia, he was hit by the explosion, so he also experienced the totality of it. (example)
Bro is about to say that Surtur didn't destroy Asgard even though Surtur said before blasting Asgard that I am the end of Asgard as in the main universe and Odin uses the tesseract to attempt to absorb the energy from Surtur's sword and the effect apparently destroys Asgard and the tesseract takes damage directly from Surtur

Just stop, if you know the "insignificant portion" was released into the air how can you possibly say the tesseract only took a fraction of the attack? If something this shows the "insignificant portion" was what destroyed Asgard.
If Surtur can destroy Asgard with or without the Tesseract in the way, that means the Tesseract took very little energy. Had Asgard been left unscathed or more intact than it was in both mediums, then yeah, I'd reckon the Tesseract took a significant portion. But that did not happen.

Bro is about to say that Surtur didn't destroy Asgard even though Surtur said before blasting Asgard that I am the end of Asgard as in the main universe and Odin uses the tesseract to attempt to absorb the energy from Surtur's sword and the effect apparently destroys Asgard and the tesseract takes damage directly from Surtur
Surtur destroyed Asgard. He just did it very slowly. In the past I thought he hit the crystal thing at the bottom, but he just kept pushing in the film, so it looks like he was just weakening Asgard until it basically popped. Fire keeps spreading and all that. The What If episode goes from Surtur hitting the Tesseract, to a wave of blue energy, to Asgard with a flash of blue, than it blows up.

Surtur destroyed Asgard. He just did it very slowly. In the past I thought he hit the crystal thing at the bottom, but he just kept pushing in the film, so it looks like he was just weakening Asgard until it basically popped. Fire keeps spreading and all that. The What If episode goes from Surtur hitting the Tesseract, to a wave of blue energy, to Asgard with a flash of blue, than it blows up.
And yes, his AP is enough to destroy both Asgard and the durability of the tesseract is greater than Asgard since Asgard is not the same size as Earth, which is consistent with that.

Surtur stabs into Asgard, 24ish seconds pass, Asgard blows up with the force of 126 teratons. What exactly is the thought process concerning how Surtur destroys Asgard? Does he generate 126 teratons of force over time, which is the energy needed to cause Asgard's structural integrity to fail, like breaking glass?

Not taking into consideration the possible energy that leaked from the Space Stone, and ignoring the gap between first strike and explosion, if the Tesseract structure can withstand more than 126 teratons of force, why is it damaged and the surrounding area still destroyed with the force of 126 teratons?

Surtur stabs into Asgard, 24ish seconds pass, Asgard blows up with the force of 126 teratons. What exactly is the thought process concerning how Surtur destroys Asgard? Does he generate 126 teratons of force over time, which is the energy needed to cause Asgard's structural integrity to fail, like breaking glass?

Not taking into consideration the possible energy that leaked from the Space Stone, and ignoring the gap between first strike and explosion, if the Tesseract structure can withstand more than 126 teratons of force, why is it damaged and the surrounding area still destroyed with the force of 126 teratons?
A little damage doesn't mean it can destroy the space stone. If you pay attention you can see that just a slight crack doesn't mean that surtur's AP can destroy the tesseract

A little damage doesn't mean it can destroy the space stone. If you pay attention you can see that just a slight crack doesn't mean that surtur's AP can destroy the tesseract
If Surtur generated 126 tertons of force, and Asgard received 126 teratons of force, the Teseract did what exactly?

If Surtur generated 126 tertons of force, and Asgard received 126 teratons of force, the Teseract did what exactly?
If you disagree just because there are a few cracks, then you should downgrade both Hela and Odin. Because all of them were unable to survive Surtur's attack that destroyed Asgard. So why are both H6-A likely 5-B rather than the tesseract that survived the Asgardian explosion and surtur's AP?

If you disagree just because there are a few cracks, then you should downgrade both Hela and Odin. Because all of them were unable to survive Surtur's attack that destroyed Asgard. So why are both H6-A likely 5-B rather than the tesseract that survived the Asgardian explosion and surtur's AP?
Odin and Hela draw their power from Asgard. When Asgard goes, they go. Thor doesn't have this problem because he has his own power.

Who's talking about thor?
My point is Thor didn't drop dead ala the Chitauri in Avenger Assemble because he is his own power source (wired vs wireless).

This concides with that thread that pushed Surtur to be above the Tesseract by virtue of Hela's wonky statement (because the Tesseract holds the space stone, which is infinite energy), more specifically about how Surtur simply died because he is supposed to die during Ragnarok.

My point is Thor didn't drop dead ala the Chitauri in Avenger Assemble because he is his own power source (wired vs wireless).

This concides with that thread that pushed Surtur to be above the Tesseract by virtue of Hela's wonky statement (because the Tesseract holds the space stone, which is infinite energy), more specifically about how Surtur simply died because he is supposed to die during Ragnarok.
You don't have to argue. No one here is arguing against taking the blow from Surtur sword. You're the only one who doesn't understand the point of the tesseract durability. You're arguing only because of Hela. Telling the tesseract is just less interesting than the eternal flame doesn't change anything from the fact that the tesseract is immune to surtur's AP and surtur is a glass cannon

You don't have to argue. No one here is arguing against taking the blow from Surtur sword. You're the only one who doesn't understand the point of the tesseract durability. You're arguing only because of Hera. Telling the tesseract is just less interesting than the eternal flame doesn't change anything from the fact that the tesseract is immune to surtur's AP and surtur is a glass cannon
I didn't bring up Hela's statment, which I've never agreed means anything, until now because a thread that contained Surtur dying during Ragnarok brought it up. The point was to explain why Odin and Hela would die to Asgard's destruction if I believe they're above Thanos, and by virtue the Tesseract.

Actually, no, I believe Odin is above Thanos , not Hela.

The full amount of power generated when Asgard explodes is also tricky to precisely quantify because all of the energy used to power the Bifrost would be released all at once.

I didn't bring up Hela's statment, which I've never agreed means anything, until now because a thread that contained Surtur dying during Ragnarok brought it up. The point was to explain why Odin and Hela would die to Asgard's destruction if I believe they're above Thanos, and by virtue the Tesseract.
So what does it do with your denial that the tesseract is not immune to surtur's AP? You're saying that surtur didn't destroy Asgard, that the tesseract is somehow weaker than Asgard? But that doesn't change that the tesseract is more durable than both Hela and Odin, as destroying Asgard once is the same as destroying them both And only the tesseract receives the full force of the impact and before it explodes it has a clear diameter. The tesseract receives the full amount of the attack and only cracks slightly, which is consistent with the tesseract's durability being higher than the surtur AP

So what does it do with your denial that the tesseract is not immune to surtur's AP? You're saying that surtur didn't destroy Asgard, that the tesseract is somehow weaker than Asgard? But that doesn't change that the tesseract is more durable than both Hela and Odin, as destroying Asgard once is the same as destroying them both And only the tesseract receives the full force of the impact and before it explodes it has a clear diameter. The tesseract receives the full amount of the attack and only cracks slightly, which is consistent with the tesseract's durability being higher than the surtur AP
It's about the erngy transfer for me. If the Tesseract took all of Surtur's might, there wouldn't be anything for Asgard to take.

My claim is Odin and Hela need Asgard to live.

By consistency you should be referring to the Tesseract channeling planet damaging energy? I simply do not see why this matters if the Space Stone within is infinite. By virtue of a non-infinite durability, the Tesseract has unrelated durability. As far as I'm aware this site does not carry a calc for the Tesseract.

It's about the erngy transfer for me. If the Tesseract took all of Surtur's might, there wouldn't be anything for Asgard to take.

My claim is Odin and Hela need Asgard to live.

By consistency you should be referring to the Tesseract channeling planet damaging energy? I simply do not see why this matters if the Space Stone within is infinite. By virtue of a non-infinite durability, the Tesseract has unrelated durability. As far as I'm aware this site does not carry a calc for the Tesseract.
You are seriously missing the point. You'd better be smarter, we're not talking about the tesseract's energy being sent to planets. We're talking about durability that can survive Asgard's blasts and Surtur's AP, and there are no calculations for this, just how it should be scaled

You are seriously missing the point. You'd better be smarter, we're not talking about the tesseract's energy being sent to planets. We're talking about durability that can survive Asgard's blasts and Surtur's AP, and there are no calculations for this, just how it should be scaled
This has gone on for quite a while, which pretty much no ground being made in understanding either side it seems. Odin was holding the Tesseract. Giving Surtur the arbitrary value of 10, all 10 went into the Tesseract, and Odin was strong enough to brace against all 10 with the Tesseract. Like a bulletproof vest, some energy goes into the vest and stays in the vest (cracking the Tesseract), and some energy goes into the body (blowing up Asgard, or the initial area Surtur destroys).

This has gone on for quite a while, which pretty much no ground being made in understanding either side it seems. Odin was holding the Tesseract. Giving Surtur the arbitrary value of 10, all 10 went into the Tesseract, and Odin was strong enough to brace against all 10 with the Tesseract. Like a bulletproof vest, some energy goes into the vest and stays in the vest (cracking the Tesseract), and some energy goes into the body (blowing up Asgard, or the initial area Surtur destroys).
And the tesseract slight cracks correspond to Asgard's explosion durability and Surtur AP.

But if the Bifrost still exists, how does that work?
We know that the Bifrost Observatory on Asgard pulls energy from the center of Asgard to generate a Bifrost Bridge:

"Using his sword, Heimdall can direct the Bifrost energy to a desired location, typically one of the other Nine Realms including Earth. The energy is drawn from the center of Asgard to the observatory where it is directed towards a destination and acts as a means of precise transportation."

I don't believe we have enough information to know for sure how this energy ended up in the center of Asgard, but it can apparently be found and harnessed elsewhere, suggesting that the energy was somehow harvested and stored in Asgard. Asgard's supply of energy seems to be quite large however. What we do know is that the Bifrost can generate High 6-A levels of energy per second, and there is no mention or indication that Asgard would run out of power keeping the bridge open long enough for Jotunheim to be completely destroyed. The entire supply of stored energy being released all at once when Asgard is destroyed should logically be much, much higher than the High 6-A value. It is unclear how much so without further information, but it being enough to kill Odin and Surtur doesn't seem far fetched.

We know that the Bifrost Observatory on Asgard pulls energy from the center of Asgard to generate a Bifrost Bridge:

"Using his sword, Heimdall can direct the Bifrost energy to a desired location, typically one of the other Nine Realms including Earth. The energy is drawn from the center of Asgard to the observatory where it is directed towards a destination and acts as a means of precise transportation."

I don't believe we have enough information to know for sure how this energy ended up in the center of Asgard, but it can apparently be found and harnessed elsewhere, suggesting that the energy was somehow harvested and stored in Asgard. Asgard's supply of energy seems to be quite large however. What we do know is that the Bifrost can generate High 6-A levels of energy per second, and there is no mention or indication that Asgard would run out of power keeping the bridge open long enough for Jotunheim to be completely destroyed. The entire supply of stored energy being released all at once when Asgard is destroyed should logically be much, much higher than the High 6-A value. It is unclear how much so without further information, but it being enough to kill Odin and Surtur doesn't seem far fetched.
Asgard also has that Dark Energy device that was used to send Thor to Earth stored somewhere in the palace. And Dark Energy in general is volatile. So add that along the equation with the Tesseract energy in the Palace.

Back